Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early Termination Fee

Regular Visitor

Early Termination Fee

Recently I disconnected my comcast service due to issues with internet speed in my area ( I was suppossed to have 150 mbp but never went beyond 23 mbp), additionally to that I constantly received offers in my mail from comcast with huge better rates (about 50% cheaper than my last rate) and when asked if some of those promotions could be applied custumer services said it was only for new costumers. So I decided to disconnect after that.

in previous opportunity I asked if I could get a better rate in one of the offices and the costumer service rep to whom I talked mentioned that he could give me more channles and better internet for just 10$ more. what he never mentioned was the fact that I was getting into a NEW contract.

now that I disconnected Im getting an early termination fee for 220 USD for a contract that I never signed.

I called in several opportunities about this problem and even talked to conflit resolution team and still im receiving bills for this early termination fee.

which I think is not ethical at all since I was never informed that I was getting into a new contract when this person offered me the new package of channels and better internet, that by the way never got better at all.

Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fee

Hello frankmch1. I can review your account and the agreement details regarding the early termination fee you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation