Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early Termination Fee

New Poster

Early Termination Fee

I moved from zip 33948 to zip 27581, essentially from a Comcast/Xfinity service area to one NOT serviced by Comcast.  I called on 02June17 to cancel my service and record of the call does exist.

I was, however charged an early termination fee as well as charged for the month of June.  Please note that I did run behind with my bill, and I did owe for May a total of $228.47, which I'm not disputing.  I am however disputing the additional charges post cancellation (the month of June, and even JULY???) as well as the early termination fee as I had been advised that it would be waived since I was moving to an area that you do not service.

I have called in/chatted so many times now with individuals in customer service/billing, wading through phone tree after phone tree, spending literally hours on the phone, and I have been told multiple times the ETF would be waived and the additional charges would be reviewed and removed within 24-48 hours of concluding the call/chat.  I do have a record of the chat.  In spite of all this, my account has been turned over to a collection agency for well over $400 dollars.  The rep I spoke to tonight could only give me the charge for May ($228.47) and the ETF ($90 that I should not be charded), and which do not add up to over $400 bucks.

I have contacted the collection agency and they have stopped collection actions as they, apparently, are very used to this sort of thing.  Do I really think getting a lawyer involved, or the feds, is something I should do for a bill error of $200 plus?  Perhaps not, but I am so annoyed right now, so frustrated with this situation that has not been resolved in the past 5 months, that is what I may just have to do.

Service Expert

Re: Early Termination Fee

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Yep, the very first bullet point on that list:  

• If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.

That is me.  There is no Comcast/Xfinity whatsoever at my new zip.  They have confirmed this to me themselves multiple times.  And yet, I am being charged the fee.  And it is being sent to collections.

Service Expert

kkn21292 wrote:

Yep, the very first bullet point on that list:  

• If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.

That is me.  There is no Comcast/Xfinity whatsoever at my new zip.  They have confirmed this to me themselves multiple times.  And yet, I am being charged the fee.  And it is being sent to collections.

You're not reading that point correctly.  "If you move TO a Comcast serviceable area..."

You moved to a NON-serviceable area, therefore the ETF is applied.  If you're in a contract you are the one breaking the contract, not Comcast, therefore the ETF is correct.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation