Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ETF when moving into a household that already has Comcast.

New Poster

ETF when moving into a household that already has Comcast.

I am furious. I feel like a Comcast representative lied to me. I called Comcast in July to lower my mother's Bill by scaling down her service. The two tried to talk me into signing a contract. I said that my mother is older and will eventually be moving in with me. The two said "Oh don't worry. If your mother moves into a house that already has Comcast, she won't be charged an early termination fee." Now it's November and my mother has had her leg amputated. She has been in hospitals for 2 months. She hasn't even been home. I've got my house ready for her to move into once she is discharged. I called Comcast today and the rep insisted that my mother would have an early termination fee. Did the other rep lie? I have dozens of pages of paperwork that says my mother cannot live alone. We pay plenty if money to Comcast and will probably pay more to get service in the bedroom. How can this be reconciled? Why is it ok for a rep to give me blatantly false information?
Official Employee

Re: ETF when moving into a household that already has Comcast.

Hello Redstick. We apologize for the lack of clarity with any communications. We express our sincerest sympathy for the health issues your mother is enduring. If your mother has a Comcast account with a minimum term agreement, she can move/transfer to account to an address that is Comcast serviceable, and there will not be any Early Termination Fee. This can only be done if you do not already have a Comcast account at your home address, due to we can only have one Comcast account per address. 

Please send me a private message so I can access her account and discuss the specifics with you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder name, service address, and account number so I can access her account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation