Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Directed promotion from Comcast (for 2-years with a 2-year agreement) not honored/known by Comcast

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Directed promotion from Comcast (for 2-years with a 2-year agreement) not honored/known by Comcast

I was sent a direct promotional flier for a 2-year bundle with a 2-year contract.  The terms of the flyer are very clear, and I had the letter/number code on the flyer disclosed to the number I called on two different occasions.Yet the agent either gave me the wrong, standard promotion (for 1 year with a 2-year contract) or simply did not know how to locate the promotion from the promotion code on the letter.

Why is comcast sending promotional material for deals that do not exist?  Is there a resolution being offered for these cases? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Directed promotion from Comcast (for 2-years with a 2-year agreement) not honored/known by Comca

Here is the end of the story for closure: 

The Comcast support on this forum is not able to honor the promotional offer on the flier either.  I am directed back to the phone number of the flier, which I of course called, before posting here. It is a dead end.

My "limited" understanding is that Comcast has internal departments that are not communicating with each other.  The loyalty/retention department, customer relations and the local comcast office (yes I went there with the print flier) do not know about each other's capabilities.  Whatsmore, the loyaty department does not honor the promotional flier, where the flier must have originated from (language is clear that they "want you back" )!  I know that the loyalty department needs to be called 10am-5pm (which I have), and after hours the number gets directed to another comcast department.   After a week of calling/posting/trying to get an explanation on what's going on from every different department I could locate, I am now moving on to a different service.

Alas, I hope this write-up does help someone else that might be in a similar situation.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Directed promotion from Comcast (for 2-years with a 2-year agreement) not honored/known by Comca

Most of those flyers have something on them that say something to the effect of "See Details", which will say the promotion is for new customers only.  They send them out in hopes that you will pass it along to someone that doesn't have service already.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you for that insight.  My letter starts with the following.  It is clear my status as a customer (current or past, which in fact I was for >10 years, until I canceled a month earlier) is known.  Under that assumption, not honoring the promotion I was sent, with my name directly attached and my status known, is not false advertisement?

Dear <my name>,

Thank you for continuing to be a local XFINITY Customer. We're sorry you canceled your TV service with us and we wanted to let you know that we wanted you back. ...

Regular Visitor

Hi again, (again

Would you consider my issue resolved?

I am trying to get a sense of what, if anything, is accomplished through these forums.  Is this a place to rant?  Is this a place to hunt for better deals?

I am seeking advice on how to take advantage of a printed offer that I was made after I canceled my service to be brought back to Comcast. 

Service Expert

No, this isn't really a place to rant, sorry.

I will go ahead an escalate this to our digital team and you can see what they say about the offer and if there is anything they can do to get it for you.

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello drivememad, I can look into the promotional offer that you received. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Here is the end of the story for closure: 

The Comcast support on this forum is not able to honor the promotional offer on the flier either.  I am directed back to the phone number of the flier, which I of course called, before posting here. It is a dead end.

My "limited" understanding is that Comcast has internal departments that are not communicating with each other.  The loyalty/retention department, customer relations and the local comcast office (yes I went there with the print flier) do not know about each other's capabilities.  Whatsmore, the loyaty department does not honor the promotional flier, where the flier must have originated from (language is clear that they "want you back" )!  I know that the loyalty department needs to be called 10am-5pm (which I have), and after hours the number gets directed to another comcast department.   After a week of calling/posting/trying to get an explanation on what's going on from every different department I could locate, I am now moving on to a different service.

Alas, I hope this write-up does help someone else that might be in a similar situation.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation