Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Deposit required for new services

Frequent Visitor

Deposit required for new services

Good afternoon,

I would like to file a formal complaint regarding services I requested. I'm a new customer and I'm not pleased with the policies and services you have provided.

I requested internet services on 9/27/17 at the time I spoke with representative she indicated that I had two options in ordering new services; I could either pay a $100.00 deposit or do a credit check.

I chose to do the deposit so as not to have an inquiry on my credit. I paid the deposit and installation was scheduled for 10/1/17.

On 10/2/17 we decided that we wanted Home Security and contacted Comcast, the representative indicated that a credit check was required so I approved it and my credit check came back good which required No Deposit and we scheduled an installation for 10/7/17.

The representative then informed us that we should contact the billing department to obtain our deposit which was no longer required since I did the credit check and passed. Just so you will know we did a bundle package which included internet and home security.

I was on the phone today 10/3/17 for over an hour with Comcast billing department representative Joy (ID# 1585792) and she was unable to help me and continued to indicate that the deposit could not be returned. She put me on hold several times for long periods of time supposedly speaking to a supervisor which I repeatedly requested to speak to. The end result was that she said the deposit could not be returned and that the supervisor I requested will need to call me back and that it will take up to two hours for a call back. The ticket # created for supervisor was 202370. Please help me resolve this! I'm not to confident that the supervisor will actually call me back.

Thanks in advance,

< Personal Information >

Admin1

Re: Deposit required for new services

Hi onmyjourney65 -- I can help with getting your deposit returned. I reviewed your account and the correct support ticket has already been created by the agent you've spoken with. I'll track this ticket to make sure that it does get worked. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so very much. It's been quite a mission to get this accomplished and as a new customer I'm not pleased. Please notify me as soon as it's done.

Admin1

onmyjourney65 -- You're welcome. We were able to get this resolved last night. Any deposit has been removed from your account. The amount you paid that would have gone to that deposit will now apply to your account as a payment instead. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much Zach for your assistance. This forum is so much better than dealing with a live representative and it's quicker. If no issues arise I am elated. May I continue this chat if any problems occur with your resolution?

Admin1

onmyjourney65 -- Of course you can! We are here to help with any issues or questions you have. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hello Zach, 

I just received my bill and it still shows the deposit , also can you confirm that a modem/router was returned. We decided to get our own modem/router than to lease monthly. In addition we should be showing a bundle that includes internet 25mbps and home security, please verify. 

Thanks again for for all your assistance.

Service Expert

All followup replies contain account number

No PH left

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

onmyjourney65 -- I'll speak with our Finance team as why this showed up and have them adjust it. I did confirm your rental modem was returned and that you have a package with Home Security and 25 Mbps Internet. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Zach for replying back so quickly. Any response from the Finance department?

Admin1

onmyjourney65 -- Yes. Finance confirmed your deposit was approved for reversal. This will apply to your account like a payment. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation