Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Customer of 20 years, tired of games with promos and subpar service level - time to split

Regular Visitor

Customer of 20 years, tired of games with promos and subpar service level - time to split

I am posting this in the hopes others find it and join in. Share on social media, with my clients and friends - and hopefully you all will to. The fact that Comcast only discounts and offers high-end services in areas where Google Fiber or AT&T Gig service exists is BS. Think about it - if one of those providers came into your town, and Comcast offered the same price - why would you stay? I'd be out of here so fast not even funny. Make loylal customers up front so when those fiber providers finally come (and they will) we want to stay.

My story? I work as a consultant, formerly a CIO. At my last full time job, I spent close to $1,500,000 annually for bandwith with comcast - albeit via business for a national company with hundreds of offices. That all worked wonderfully - but a price was paid for that service. My home setup on the other hand all along, has been a joke. Some addresses did not work. Some addresses should have been x and ended up being 30% shy of x for speed. Finally, at my current address - speeds are great. Service only died twice in nearly three years (and for weather reasons as best as I can tell). So I'm happy right? Wrong. Year one - price jumps 30%... call in, get a promo (decent, but not stellar). Last week, decent promo is over - price went up 42%. Enough is enough. Why promo this over and over? Just set reliable pricing like Google does and make money from happy customers!

Called in, spoke to billing, CS and finally retentions, apparently there are no high-end promos in place for my town it seems. As someone who works from home, I require high up speeds. The only way to get these is with high down speeds or the uber-expensive symmetric 2G service. I work from home because I am ill and cannot afford the same level of costs I once could - so a new solution is necessary. In case you wonder what those speeds are - I need at least 25 up but would like more. Why? If a client website dies and I need to restore the entire thing from a backup, time is ticking. Most of the time it sits idle or under normal household usage loads. But that one hour every once in a blue moon is what high bandwidth insurance is about.

If I have to get AT&T in here twice and bond the connection - great! I'll do that. I have the technical infrastructure to do it. As a nice benefit, I'll end up with 2TB of bandiwdth cap (not that I need it). I'd frankly prefer not to have to deal with any of this - and try and earn a living. But instead I'm wasting my only free time researching an alternate connectivity solution.

If anyone from the "gives a darn" department at Comcast is listening and can throw me a decen lifeline I may stay. As of now - I'm just sharing my story and hoping to find a new ISP. If anyone is in a similar boat and stumbles upon this, please share your answers!

Official Employee

Re: Customer of 20 years, tired of games with promos and subpar service level - time to split

Hi pdee,

We'd hate to lose you as a customer. I am more than happy to help review your account, discuss your concerns, and see how I can help in making this right. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Customer of 20 years, tired of games with promos and subpar service level - time to split

I am in the same boat as you, I have been a customer with comcast over 20 years and still get jerked around with our bill.  What really really got me this time is a new account I set up for our beach house.  We have had the basic account down there for 2 years since we are only there on weekends, but I decided I wanted to add internet instead of using our phones or a local "hot spot".  I found a package for "new people" that have never had comcast for $69 a month with internet and a bunch more channels.  I called and tried to see what was availble for existing customers and they were NO WHERE NEAR that price.  Of course if you just wanted to add internet to our basic package it was as much as that or more.....SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.  I was going to try to call customer retention, but that number is as hard to get as the vault code for a bank.  I would hate to do it, but I may have to look at going to FIOS if I can't work something out, if anyone has the number I would appricate it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation