Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Customer Verification Conflict

New Poster

Customer Verification Conflict

i recently set up a secondary account to accompany me to a secondary residence where i would soon start living several days a week. The representative said there was a note indicating an outstanding bill at the address, but was assured that there was no issue once she saw that i've had a verified account for almost 8 years in another state. Several weeks after my installation I was contacted by Joseph, who told me that I needed to clarify some of my account details.  I asked why the verification for my first account could not stand as evidence for the second, but he said this was inadequate because it is easy to defraud, so he would need a copy of my lease to prove I was not a resident in the home at the time of debt. I faxed him a copy and kind of forgot about it. This Saturday, I was at my secondary /new residence and suddenly could not use my cable. I had a strange error code. After going through a few representatives, I was informed that there was a hold on my account and promptly dropped into Joseph's voice mail. I left him a message, but it was a weekend, so I called Tech support to try and understand what the hold was for. Nobody could explain it. I still had my voip and internet access, but the next day, those were gone too. This was fun since cell phone reception is very poor there. I called tech support again and the rep told me i had my account suspended due to non-payment of a bill.   I explained that I just paid my bill and the balance was zero when i was looking at my account for clues about my "hold". he agreed and said that was my next month's bill and the account was in good standing, but he couldnt explain why i had a debt suspension and transferred me to billing, who had to escalate to a higher tier for investigation. Very nice lady explained to me that I had to take a copy of my lease to the local office I called Monday to see if I could fax the copy of my lease rather than present it in person (was back at primary account/residence for work). And I was informed that my lease was in inadequate evidence because leases can be broken. After a few hours of going through old files, I called back for a number to fax the secondary acct's office, but was informed that only Joseph could handle my account, and was transferred to his line, where I could only leave him another message.  By Tuesday I still had not heard from joe, so I went into a service center in  with a folder of private documents proving residence as far back as 2012 ( I didn't think to ask what time period I was covering) the representative helping me involved his supervisor, who faxed faxed my lease agreements and utility bills To someone that was on the phone helping her. Eventually it boils down to not being able to fix this because I had to talk to Joseph. The junior representative attempted to contact him for me, but could only leave a voicemail. Wednesday – no Joe. I called billing again to see if there was anyone else that can help me besides good, Joseph I wanted a supervisor or a peer, but I still didn’t know what Department I was looking for. Nobody ever would tell me anything except it was billing and only Joseph can resolve this. Finally I was told that it was customer verification, and they were closed for the night. I went and looked at my account one more time to make sure that there were no messages or alerts. Then I noticed that I had hundreds of dollars added to my bill. I sent a message online to a representative questioning if another bill had been incorporated on my own.She apologized that she couldn’t clarify why this was happening and told me that I needed to call Joseph. After checking my email, I realized they canceled my service and the bill is an early termination fee as well as $500 worth of equipment fees. I also had an email from a 3rd party collection agency about my acct. In less than a week, I went from praising the marked improvement in customer servic to questioning whether my privacy rights and several federal regulations have been violated. Please, someone direct me above joseph, because i'm starting to believe joseph is playing games (why else lock an account and prevent other representatives from assisting when aren't in the office for the next week?) and considering that i went from good standing to collections in a matter of 2 days, this needs resolved fast!

Official Employee

Re: Customer Verification Conflict

Hello, BHaha - This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have. I can see that your services got restarted today but I'm not sure if all your issues got taken care of. Have you received a call from Joseph? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation