Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Credit Card set for autopay without my authorization

New Poster

Credit Card set for autopay without my authorization

Aftering paying 1 bill, the website automatically retains my credit card information and sets it up for auto pay.  I NEVER authorized the system to do that!  Also, I can't delete the record of my credit card, as it is hidden and doesn't show up in the saved credit cards section.  How can this be resolved so this does not continue to happen?

Official Employee

Re: Credit Card set for autopay without my authorization

Hi, JGroat - The AutoPay feature has been set up since your first day of service. Is it possible that you accidentally turn it on when you set up your account? I see you canceled it 2 days ago. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I do not set up AutoPay on any site, period, so me accidentally doing it is unlikely.  Couple that with the fact that I manually entered in my credit card information for my first 2 payments leads me to believe that it got switched on without my consent.  Yes, I did cancel it 2 days prior to your post because that was the first time I became aware of it.  Regardless, it still troubles me that it seemingly can be switched on without my knowledge.

Also, what about the credit card information in my file?  It is still telling me that it has a card on file, yet when I go to try and delete it, I cannot see it in saved credit cards.  This is also troubling, I do not want that information out there without access to rescind it.

Official Employee

@JGroat - If you set up an AutoPay you will get a notification email, even if any of our agents do it from our side - you will still get an email. I see that AutoPay feature is turned off. Where does it tell you about a card on file? In Overview or Settings section? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation