members

topics

Contracts and billing dispute

New Poster

Contracts and billing dispute

Comcast P.O. Box 530098

September 7, 2017

To whom it may concern

I have been with Xfinity/Comcast since June 1, 2015.  I got a 24-month contract, was happy with the service, however, I cannot afford a steep increase due to a fixed income.

On May 18, 2017, I called to ask for a price. I was quoted something like $169.00 and I requested cancellation.  I was transferred to Customer Resolutions was told quite strongly, that I could stay with Xifnity, keep the same services,with no increases whatsoever, including HBO and a paper invoice.  He quoted me $131.00 per month. Your extraneous fees had just gone up; therefore, even this amount was more than I wanted to pay. For a 24 month contract.

I agreed to his proposal and this is where it gets interesting.  

On June 1, 2017 HBO is blocked on my account. I spend over 1 hour on the phone trying to tell someone (sometimes they speak English, sometimes not) that SOMEONE Had NOT told me the truth.  I cannot abide false statements just to keep me as a customer.  Your packages and what is available at that moment, are your business, by now I know more about your marketing strategies than your remote customer centers do.  This is bad business.

The person, again in Customer Resolutions, advised, I saw the notes on the file, from last month, I will include HBO. He did well.

JULY/Augustst my bill is $168.33- I spend another 2 hours on the phone. I was put on hold indefinitely and sometimes disconnected.  Again a Customer Resolutions person states there was a COMPUTER GLITCH, HE asks me to pay the full $168.33 and he was going to reimburse me $30.00. (Now, the bill is $131. 00 to $138.33.  He sends me an email, everything seems to be working.  I paid the $168.33.

September 5, 2017, received a bill for $136.45.  The refund was applied to last month, however, my bill stays the same at $166.45, and HBO has been disconnected. This was on Labor Day, a nice customer service girl really wanted to help me after being hung upon, several times when transferred to Customer Resolutions.  She tried, very polite. The next person kept talking over with the reading of their script.  I tried to explain to this last person,but he was only interested in reading his script and to tell me what you the Company had available NOW.

Therefore, I spent several hours trying to get this ONE account back to what I was promised on May 18th.

There seems to be Breach of Contract from your end. I paid on time and believed everything you promised me.

I am paying for this month, $106.45.  Deducted the $30.00 for September.

I would like to receive an email with a quote to carry INTERNET ONLY.  cannot afford anything over $50.00. However, please disconnect cable effective September 30, 2017.

No customer should feel used, abused and disrespected. There should be more training and consensus on WHO IS THE CUSTOMER?

Official Employee

Re: Contracts and billing dispute

I apologize for the frustrating experience you've had trying to get your billing sorted out, caetanomm88. I can help provide you with a quote for an internet-only package and assist with scheduling your downgrade. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account to get started.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation