Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ComcastJoeTru

New Poster

ComcastJoeTru

Hi:

I've been a satisfied customer for over 5 years, and my father's house hold  for over 10 years.  Service has been excellent and I have paid my approximately $1800/year in bliing on time. Today I just noticed my bill went up 33% to $200..from previous to August July when it was about $150 for a long time..  I called a few times over past few days several departments to ask if there is a promotion for existing customers available to get me back to the rate I am used to paying of about $150--which is the max I can afford.   Agents all tried to see what features I could drop to bring down bill--but the reason I like Comcast is because it has given me the features I want at the price I can afford.   If I have to down grade to get my bill down 33% I think I would do so with another provider. 

Recently other providers are available to me--I hate to go through the hassle of switching and it is hard to compare oranges with apples--but I think if I cannot get my gill back down off of such an extreme jump-- in the next few weeks, I will have to try another provider.  Also, Comcast and Summit just made a presentation to our HOA to prvide our contract--which I will help decide within the next few weeks.  I wonder if this has led to inflexibility with my rate for the first time ever after so long as part of the discussion has revolved around providing a fixed long term rate which does not have to be frequently renegoatiated.  The Summit offer is tempting to me personally because broadband speed is important to me, and they offer a one GB speed.  I think I will wait to see where I come down on this issue when I see what you decide to do with me personally.

I would like to stay with Comcast as service has been fine and switching is a real hassle, but only at close to the long time rate of $150 for what I have had for a long time--which includes triple play a few DVRs--only 150 MBPS internet but with unlimited download, as well as an international phone plan for the UK. Such a huge increase is a just a real turn off for me--in principle..  If you can do something to assit getting us to a mutually benefcial deal within the next few weeks, I would appreciate the effort.

My account number ends 9458 and I prefer you to contact me not at my Comcast email, but the gmail address one you have on file--or at the phone you have on file.  I screen my calls so please leave a message and I will call back..best time to call is in the mid afternoon but I prefer email to phone contact.  My address has the word "Aviano" in it and my gmail address has the number 23 in it.  I am revealing this to help you identify me because I cannot seem to find a way to contact someone in a private PM.

Cheers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation