Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast placed their line so low that the Fedex truck ran into it and took it out. WHO PAYS?

New Poster

Comcast placed their line so low that the Fedex truck ran into it and took it out. WHO PAYS?

I came home from a trip abroad to find my internet down.  I investigated the problem and realized that it had nothing to do with my in-home equipment -- it was an outdoor issue.  When I asked my neighbor if he was having problems, he told me that a few weeks earlier, a Fedex driver left a note saying his truck took out a line because it was hanging too low.  Well, it was my Comcast line.

So, I had to request a service call.  Comcast came out and fixed it, but I ended up with a $70 service charge on my bill! 

Why am I being charged for something that I had NOTHING to do with?  It is Comcast's fault in the first place for haning their line SO LOW across the street to my house.  In fact, the guy that came to service the problem installed a pole on my roof to which he connected the Comcast cable, and he didn't even know the reason why the cable was disconnected in the first place. So, he clearly noticed on his own that without the pole the line would hang too low across the street.

Why am I being charged for this when it isn't my fault or my equipment?

Admin1

Re: Comcast placed their line so low that the Fedex truck ran into it and took it out. WHO PAYS?

Hi swedeinPA -- I reviewed your account to see why you were charged. I was able to confirm that all work done was to our infrastructure. You should not be charged for infrastructure related issues. I have adjusted this charge for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation