Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast needs to start listening

New Poster

Comcast needs to start listening

I joined the forums to express my displeasure with Comcast and look for some kind of solution only to see by dozens of postings that not only am I not the lone person to have an issue but in contrast my issue is relatively minor in comparison. Surprisingly our 15 or so years of doing business in good standing is not loyalty enough as it seems folks with longer relationships have problems. We are not the only household to get nailed with a call out service fee that we were told would not happen (resolved thankfully). After my call with a less than helpful and frankly very snippy “customer retention” person I thought I had one up on some folks but it seems others have had similar and even far worse experiences.
I would surmise that Comcast would do well to start listening and responding to some of these issues, which seem to be systemic within the companies business practices.
My problem? Our bill routinely goes up, I always call because you cannot make sense of the way the thing is presented (any bill that is more than a page long is probably needing some sort of restructuring). When I call it is without fail some sort of fee, or “taxes” that never have any kind of explanation. We have been charged for equipment we do not have (now resolved). The aforementioned “service callout” etc. The most recent increase is simply called “we raised our price”. So now the bill comes and it is astronomically higher, golly what now. It seems our “promo package” has ended and we are going to be charged “full price”, thanks for the warning. So the snippy “customer retention” person offers me another intro package that is ONLY thirty dollars more per month. Now here is the issue, when I say okay lets do that but I am going to start looking into a more affordable entertainment option, I am told that there would be an early termination fee……..
So for the last year I have had a promo package that on an almost monthly basis has gone up, I have had to call and sometimes get a resolution and if not, deal with the increase. However if I am not happy I would have to cancel and pay Comcast an early termination fee? Lets forget what may or may not be legal about that and go straight to the “fair and equitable business practices handbook” where it would seem common sense alone would tell us this is not right. No business can sustain itself with this amount of customer dissatisfaction before things start to come apart. Comcast needs to listen and you can start with me but there are folks out there with bigger issues. 

Official Employee

Re: Comcast needs to start listening

Hi  Cargot, apologies for your experiences with your services/bill and glad we were able to get the errors like the additional equipment resolved for you.  If you have any questions about your bill or want to go over your current promotions please feel free to reach out here and we will gladly review with you.  If you are still needing assistance please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number) and I will gladly assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation