Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast fraud

New Poster

Comcast fraud

We recently had door to door salesman out of Knoxville tn come and talk to us about getting us back to xfinity (we already have comcast internet) we did not have xfinity in our area before, but they assured us we did, we ordered it, and the tech came and installed 08/07 - tech told my husband we did not get xfinity in our area still, and continued the instal. I called the salesman he said he would look into it for me, and would refund the $60 install fee as we did not got what we were sold. I never heard from him again. The next week I drove 140 mile round trip to give the equipment back (which was an old comcast DVR box - not an X11 box) as there was not a ups store closer. Direct tv had to come back and reinstall which cost me $100, and to top it all off I was still charged the $60 install fee, along with around $26 of tv fees I had apparently used - even though the service was cancelled well within the 30 day timeframe.  I have contacted Comcast several times to be reimbursed as this is fraud any way you look at it. The next step is small claims court if nothing is done soon. This is how Comcast treats its customers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast fraud

You aren't alone. I just recently had to file a price gouging complaint with my state attorney's office and FCC not even a month ago and instead of fixing the issue these fraudsters jacked my bill up by another $40 USD. Get out while you can.

Official Employee

Hi EmmaLB,

This isn't the experience we want for our customer's or potential customer's. I will get this taken care of for you. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hey DRM91,

I can assist you with your billing concerns. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation