Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast continues to nickel & dime even with a 20% Increase in Net Income this Quarter

New Poster

Comcast continues to nickel & dime even with a 20% Increase in Net Income this Quarter

I cannot abide by greed.  Slow incremental increases to bills are unwarranted, regardless of our living in a capitalist system.  I am reading how their business has done phenomenally in 2017 so far.  Why would you increase my teeny tiny insignificant digital adapter from $4 to $6?  I cannot afford HD quality anything, everything is slightly grainy, but I accept it. And the broadcast fee from $5 to $7?  Is this how you receive your financial gains every year, by slowly chipping away at our personal finances?  If you charge more, ever, you need to OFFER MORE, it is so disheartening to monitor every bill like the weariest of hawks.  If you felt the need to raise the price, throw in HD, something, anything, to stop annoying people every few months.  

Official Employee

Re: Comcast continues to nickel & dime even with a 20% Increase in Net Income this Quarter

Hello Statichristy. We're sorry you feel that way. As we continue to make improvements to our products and services, and as programmers charge more to carrier their networks, our cost of doing business increases. As a result, prices for certain services and fees have increased. The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable provides like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation