Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast bill is different than what the customer service rep said it is

New Poster

Comcast bill is different than what the customer service rep said it is

The bill that shows up on my MY XFINITY page online is different than the bill the customer service agent said is due. The bill shows being due one month, and is actually due the month after. The CSR said that Comcast bills a month in advance. Why is this? It shows you owe double the amount than you actually owe and the due date is also wrong. Why can't Comcast make a straight forward bill, that shows what you owe and when? Also, when I go to a Customer Service Center, in person, they say that they can't help me with anything re: social security number, I will have to call the 800 number. When I call the 800 number, they say to go to the service center! What is the correct way to make sure they have your social correct, and why do they need it, anyway?

Official Employee

Re: Comcast bill is different than what the customer service rep said it is

Hi sheth,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, we do bill a month in advance. In regard to the billing discrepancies from online and what the rep is telling you, that's due to the fact that the online system has not updated since the last bill was generated, whereas the rep is able to see all of the updated, and pending charges as well as the pending payments and credits. We are aware that this is an inconvenience and can be confusing to some customers. If you agree, please submit your feedback and how you feel a change could be beneficial to yourself and others. Follow this link to help get a better understanding of your bill

As for the social security number, we use only the last 4 of the social for verification purposes to ensure only authorized users are able to make changes to the account or request certain information. The reason we need you to present the social security card and state ID physically at the service center is because we cannot verify your identity online or over the phone. For those same reasons, agents online cannot and will not require any part of your social online, to protect your privacy. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation