Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Ruined My Life

Regular Visitor

Comcast Ruined My Life

Comcast is at it again, ruining lives and credit scores. Comcast has caused me and my family so much pain and stress I cannot even begin to think how long it'll take to bounce back from it. When we originally signed up we had issues from day 1. Called and after over an hour got through to someone who gave us a credit on the account and said we will get the internet speed for two years that we wanted. All we had to do was after 1 year call and cancel the cable part of the bundle but we'd still get the internet deal. So, I did that after 1 year and was told "oh hey we can renew that deal for you". Of course I was like well sure, only to find out later that the internet was the lowest speed...not what we were promised. So, I went online, I called, several times just to get what we were promised from day one. We were told it shows we should be getting the high internet speed, so they sent a tech out. He said it showed us receiving the lower speed and we should call. So back to that. After not getting what was promised we cancelled. Was not reminded about a cancellation fee. Like anyone is going to remember that after over a year of signing up. Plus we ONLY cancelled because COMCAST DIDN'T HOLD UP TO THEIR END OF OUR DEAL. They made a promise to us as customers and did not fullfil. So then I began to debate the fee. Finally I was told in July that it was getting waived. Thank you for helping......only NOT. So I got off the phone believing I was good to go. Not hearing a thing otherwise or receiving anymore bills. Then in September we are getting ready to close on our first house and they run the credit check to finalize closing date and the loan...guess what's all of a sudden in collections ruining my credit score. Apparently after I got off the phone with the rep some supervisor denied my fee waiver and I HAD NO IDEA. I would have just paid it since I was trying to buy a house. Now I can't be on the loan and we have had so much emotional stress and frustration, it's now causing a wedge between me and my husband. My kids are worried because of this. We don't know if or when we can close or if we can even get a loan. My life had been turned upside down because of comcast. I want a refund on the charge and I'm ready to sue for any other monetary losses due to having to pay more rent and taxes now owed from original closing date to if we even figure out the loan situation. I have worked in customer service my whole life and cannot believe how messed up this company is. Just getting away with messing with people's lives. This wasn't just something that was acceptable to not be mentioned to me the second someone decided to deny my request, this has messed up my life in a huge way that can never be redone. Believe me I'm taking steps to bigger actions and making Comcast pay for this. My life and credit score has been hurt for something that Comcast failed to fullfil from the beginning. 

Service Expert

Re: Comcast Ruined My Life

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks but I'm not holding my breath. Comcast customer service is the worst I've ever experienced and no supervisor or anyone has ever called me back like they said they would.
Official Employee

Hello bmauritz, I am more than happy to look further into this for you and get this all figured out so you don't have to see a negative on your credit report. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation