Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Cannot Remove Overcharge

New Poster

Comcast Cannot Remove Overcharge

Last month my bill from Comcast seamed higher than normal so I placed a call to the billing departing to investigate. After speaking with billing, it was found that I was being changed again for a previously paid amount and $14.73 would be adjusted from my account. The representative said that I would now pay the $170.71, that I should be paying, which included installation of the gigabit service. Seems like case solved to me.

This month I received a bill that was higher than normal which included a carryover of $14.73. So, it was not adjusted as promised. I called billing again and the representative said that they would remove it off my bill. He placed me on hold for the second time and about 30 seconds later I was automatically transferred to tech support. Tech support sent me back to billing but to a different person. I had to start all over again. This time the representative said that the only way I can remove the $14.73 was to pay that and my normal bill. The $14.73 will show up as a credit on next month’s bill. What! That does not sound correct to me. Are you telling me that I must pay to be adjusted? What if it was a $200 mistake; would I have to pay to correct that?

A company as big as Comcast should have a sophisticated enough system to make an adjustment on the fly. Yes, I know that $14.73 it not a lot to fuss about but it is the principal of the matter that Comcast should be taking care of their own mistakes and not making customers mop up the mess. I suppose I will be carrying over $14.73 until someone smart enough in the company can figure out how to develop software smart enough to make an adjustment.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Cannot Remove Overcharge

Hello marks800. After a credit gets entered on your account, the adjusted balance will usually reflect after 72 hours. The billing statement however, will not be reprinted or re-issued to show the adjustment. The credit adjustment will be added and printed on your next month's bill. I can help review your account to ensure the credit you were promised, was entered on your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation