Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Collections letter mistake costing us $1500 for house mortgage

Regular Visitor

Collections letter mistake costing us $1500 for house mortgage

Hi

I was sent a bill for $133 in August 2017 that I did not believe I owed and I called in and was assured by a Comcast agent that I did not owe the bill, and that I was actually owed a balance. Since then it was turned over to a collections agency and I called Comcast to inquire about that. It was then determined that I did owe the bill (the first agent was incorrect) and I paid it. My husband and I are trying to get a mortgage on a new house and the collections agency has filed this with the credit bureau. Comcast told me that they would be contacting the credit bureau to have this deleted from my history and that I would be receiving a letter stating this. In fact, Comcast representative told us we would receive the letter by late November. I have not received this letter, and without it we will lose $1500 in a mortgage agreement. I have contacted Comcast in person and by phone with no concrete answer as to the status of this letter stating that the collection will be deleted from the credit history, which I need immediately in order to process suitable a house loan. Please help ASAP.

Service Expert

Re: Collections letter mistake costing us $1500 for house mortgage

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello katiebolus, I can assist you with getting this issue taken care of with our collections team. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Sent you a private message, thank you.

Regular Visitor

I was told by a Comcast employee that the letter would confirm that Comcast was requesting the credit bureaus this incident had been reported would be removed from my credit history. Is this true? Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi katiebolus, 

The credit bureaus would update the status on your credit report to paid in full, but the account could remain on your report for up to 7 years. If you want it completely removed,  you would have to reach out to the credit bureaus directly. I could submit a request to have it removed, but ultimately it would be their decision. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation