Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged for Equipment over a year

New Poster

Charged for Equipment over a year

I returned five small boxes ($5.99 per month) and one anyroom DVR ($10 per month) in April of 2016.  I have been charged for them every month.  I talked with customer service on August 10, to make some changes to my account.  That is when I noticed the charges of $29.95 and $10.00 charges on my account.  I informed them this equipment was returned to my local office in April of 2016.  They said they would research it and have the local office check inventory and someone would get back with me by August 24, 10:55 am.  I heard nothing from them.  So on August 31, I contacted customer service again asking them about removing these charges from my bill and crediting my account for all the months I had been charged for something that had already been returned.  They said they would escalate this matter and get back with me in 7-10 days and that I would be provided a credit adjustments.  I heard nothing so on September 13, I contacted customer service again.  They saw the ticket that had been submitted and the rep assigned to my account, Ernie, would call me on Friday 2-5 pm.  NOTHING.  I contacted customer service again on September 22.  I told them that I wanted credit on my account for ALL of these charges.  They had finally taken the $10 any room DVR off my account but the $29.95 still remained.  She assured me this would be resolved on Friday, October 6 at 10:02 am.  HIGHEST PRIORITY!  NOTHING!! I contacted customer service again yesterday, October 9.  They finally removed all the extra charges and credited my account $89! 

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved and get my money back for 18 months of $39.95 charge (minus of course the $89 credit I received yesterday)? HELP!!! I am at my wits end!!

New Poster

Re: Over-billing for returned equipment

Same thing happened to me!!  I am so frustrated!

I returned five small boxes ($5.99 per month) and one anyroom DVR ($10 per month) in April of 2016.  I have been charged for them every month.  I talked with customer service on August 10, to make some changes to my account.  That is when I noticed the charges of $29.95 and $10.00 charges on my account.  I informed them this equipment was returned to my local office in April of 2016.  They said they would research it and have the local office check inventory and someone would get back with me by August 24, 10:55 am.  I heard nothing from them.  So on August 31, I contacted customer service again asking them about removing these charges from my bill and crediting my account for all the months I had been charged for something that had already been returned.  They said they would escalate this matter and get back with me in 7-10 days and that I would be provided a credit adjustments.  I heard nothing so on September 13, I contacted customer service again.  They saw the ticket that had been submitted and the rep assigned to my account, Ernie, would call me on Friday 2-5 pm.  NOTHING.  I contacted customer service again on September 22.  I told them that I wanted credit on my account for ALL of these charges.  They had finally taken the $10 any room DVR off my account but the $29.95 still remained.  She assured me this would be resolved on Friday, October 6 at 10:02 am.  HIGHEST PRIORITY!  NOTHING!! I contacted customer service again yesterday, October 9.  They finally removed all the extra charges and credited my account $89! 

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved and get my money back for 18 months of $39.95 charge (minus of course the $89 credit I received yesterday)? HELP!!! I am at my wits end!!

Service Expert

Re: Charged for Equipment over a year

jola65 wrote:

You won't get reimbursed/credited for 18 months - $89.  You might get reimbursed for a little bit more, but it won't be for the full amount.

Thing is, even if you have autopay, you're still responsible for looking over your bill each month to make sure there aren't any discrepancies and then dispute the charges.  You waited well over a year to see if these charges were removed and then only when you made changes to your account to check to see if THOSE changes had been made.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Charged for Equipment over a year

Hi, jola65 - Please check our Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multi-posting violates our policy and doesn't help with getting a faster response from our team. Please send me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account. I will investigate the equipment charges.   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation