Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged $70 for no reason!

New Poster

Charged $70 for no reason!

Sometime last month, the connected was really slow and sometime after, the internet stopped working. We waited for the day and then contacted customer support if there was some issue with the connection. We did modem reset and tried a few things but the internet was down. The customer care agent asked if a technician can visit to check what the issue was. I thought was some issue with the connection and said okay. The technician installed his modem and since it was working decided it was the modem which was faulty and insisted replacing the modem is the only solution and left. I hesistently waited for few more hours, unplugged the cable from the wall for sometime and tired again with the same modem which he said was faulty and it started working. I was a little surprised that the technician without much effort just declared the modem dead. I anyways forgot about the incident since the connection was fine later. 

Today, I see a $70 on the latest bill. I was taken back and contacted customer care for billing. I explained everything and said I shouldnt be charged for the bill since I wasnt even aware of that and also the technician did nothing to help. They offered $20/half discount to the charges and said thats all they could do. This chat went for more that an hour with no little understanding that I wasnt even offered proper service but charged $70 for something that should be a normal customer support the customers are supposed to get. It was an extremely frustrating experience for no service. 

Customers, please think twice before requesting that comcast technician to help. Because they are not to help you but just charge some $$. Is there someway I can reach some person in comcast that can help?

Official Employee

Re: Charged $70 for no reason!

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation