Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged $60 for a technician visit that a rep assured me I wouldn't be charged for

New Poster

Charged $60 for a technician visit that a rep assured me I wouldn't be charged for

I upgraded my internet package to include cable when my promo was ending. I choose to do a home installation and picled up the box myself. During activation I lost HD service and the representative told me the box was faulty. I picked up another box and same thing happened. The representative at that time told me that they would send a technician to install amd that it was not my fault. Furthermore she said that I would not be charged because it was faulty equipment. She said that if I saw a $60 charge that I would need to call to have it removed. When the tech came, I gave him the background and he said that it was because I didn't have the HD service and it would $10 more a month. I told him no thank you and he left. Later I saw the charge on my account. When I called to dispute it the rep told me that the best they could do was take $30 off. To which I replied no. She then said that they would review the conversation and it would take a few weeks. After a few weeks and the charge remained on my account I called again. The rep told me at that time the best they could do was $25 off.... I spoke with multiple RUDE, LYING representatives and supervisors that consistently told me they would not remove the charge. This is with out a doubt the worst customer service I have EVER dealt with.
Cable Expert

Re: Charged $60 for a technician visit that a rep assured me I wouldn't be charged for

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Charged $60 for a technician visit that a rep assured me I wouldn't be charged for

Hi William1155,

This isn't the experience we want for our customers. I want to fix this as soon as possible. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the first and last name of the account holder and full account number. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

i am online chatting with someone right now and they feel that after giving me their word, that there would be no charges, I am being charged.

Official Employee

Hello cherylbelinda,

Comcast does not charge for service visits needed to repair Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast. Charges may apply for service visits when Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast are not the source of the problem with your service. For instance, you may incur a charge for a service visit by a technician to your home in order to diagnose and repair problems with the In-Home Wiring used with your XFINITY services, or for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between Customer Equipment and your XFINITY services (terms defined below).

Comcast offers an optional plan called the Service Protection Plan that, for a monthly fee, protects you against charges for service visits to diagnose and repair installed In-Home Wiring for residential XFINITY TV, XFINITY Internet, or XFINITY Voice services. In addition, the Service Protection Plan covers service visits for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between your Customer Equipment and your XFINITY services, and for education about your XFINITY TV, XFINITY Internet, XFINITY Voice or XFINITY Home services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation