Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged $6- service fee when I was repeatedly told I would not be.

Regular Visitor

Charged $6- service fee when I was repeatedly told I would not be.

Howdy,

Last month I went through a bout of outages everyday that left me without service 5-6 hours each time. After talking with support they eventually told me a tech would have to be sent out to take a look at the line and figure out what was wrong. It was not my equipment or lines inside the house that were causing the problem. With that in mind, the phone operator who I talked to assured me multiple times that my visit would be free because it wasn't a problem on my end.

Guy came out. He took a look at the box outside. Went to the pole. Sat there for 20 minutes trying to restart the cable box because it didn't want to agree. Left. Didn't really solve anything because it went out again the next day anyway.

I get my bill and there is a huge $60 fee. I tried talking to support about it and got told its policy that all roll outs end in $60 and at BEST they can credit part of the fee that I wasn't supposed to have.  Why are different techs telling me different things? Why should I pay for something that didn't even result in fixing the problem?

Regular Visitor

Re: Charged $6- service fee when I was repeatedly told I would not be.

Sigh. 

Regular Visitor

So any support actually going to try and help?

New Poster

I was assured same thing by many different agents from comcast they sent tech and it was comcast equipment issue and just like you I got billed called and same poor customer service advising me charge valid. WHY when they recommended tech and said many times I wouldnt be billed
Regular Contributor

Hello rjortiz23 & spacey69,

I apologize for your recent experience with customer service. Would you both please send me a private message verifying your accounts so I can investigate? Just message your account name, phone number, and address where you have service. Once I receive this information I can begin. Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation