Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal documents???

New Poster

Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal documents???

Okay.

I have talked on the phone with several different reps who could not help me or would not help me.

I have already spent close to an hour on the phone today as well, discussing the changes made to my account.

The first problem that I ran into was poor connection, meaning no connection at all as soon as I made the change in my address.

Here, before I have had time to change the address, the internet connection was fine. It was great, actually.

As soon as I put in the change of address, something happened overnight and when I woke up, I had no connection at all.

I had to talk to a representitive about that which again, took a great deal of my time away fiddling with the modem at home.

I just requested a simple change of address which then, gave me a whole new account with a renewed contract that I did not agree with or was even asked about in the first place.

So the real problem here is that, they never asked. No legal agreement on this what so ever.

I have also acquired the Xfinity mobile promotion, the $500 prepaid visa card, if I signed up and ordered.

Now, I have done that. I had the legal document about the promotion on my account before the change of address.

With the new assigned account, I have none of that on my account. I can not find the order that I have made, no way of tracing or tracking the order that I have made. Other than having to call AGAIN and wait AGAIN repeat myself AGAIN!

I was just on the phone with a rep whom I've talked to for about a total of 3 mins and put me on hold for a good 40 mins.

He then, proceeded to connect me with a Xfinity Internet rep! who had no knowledge of the problem I had or information to give me.

He gave me some attitude about my issue and then put me on hold with Xfinity mobile for 5mins which at that point, I hung up.

I had to repeat myself about this issue over and over and over again.

This is NOT OKAY.

The internet connection problem, sure, okay, I'll wait and fix that.

New contract? No. Loss of information about my payment and order? No.

Loss of legal documents? NO!

I don't have any idea of who or where to reach at this point and am not even sure I want to continue the service with Xfinity at all. This is a mess and I want it fixed.

All I asked for was a change of address.

Official Employee

Re: Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal document...

cloveeekc, thanks for reaching out. 

When you say change of address, was this being done because you were moving? If so, a new account number is generated for each address you live in. I'm not sure why you were moved into a new package with an agreement if that is not something you want. I can help you look for promos that do not have an agreement. 

I can also look into the XFINITY Mobile promotion that fell off of your account during the transition.  We'll also take a look into your connectivity issues. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal document...

I have sent the private meassage.

Please read through and let me know.

Official Employee

cloveeekc, OK, I got it thanks. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal documents??

I am actually dealing with the same thing. I did not have any issues in my previous address which I set up my service in 8/31/2015. I decided to buy a house about 10-15 mins up the road and TRANSFERRED my services. When I moved into my home on 09/09/2016 I set up the appointment and the tech came to install my services on 09/19/2016. As soon as tech left I started noticing issues. First thing is he didn't install the internet properly. I cannot use my internet on the bottom portion of the home. I can only use one of the two cable boxes I have and as soon as I called so they can fix THEIR mistake they said they were going to charge me. MIND YOU I was never even offered the "protection plan" they sell you now with a bow. It was back then $50. Now it's $60. I had an actual tech come out and tell me there is not much he can do that I would need to use my internet the way that it was. I can describe this man to you, that's how livid I was. I called and they said well ma'am you're gonna have to pay more for your services if you want to use your additional cable box (WHICH I WAS ALREADY USING in my previous address). I tried accessing my original aggrement and it disappeared. How convenient. Then they tried to charge me for another visit. Um really? They told me about ETF and I decided to give up.

I called two weeks ago because of course if my contract was up on 08/31/2017 I will only have to pay a small fee to disconnect services and such. NOPE! They first told me I needed to pay $110 for an EARLY termination fee. My only question was: Why early if my contract, my 24 month agreement was up on 08/31/2017? The Reps answer: Well ma'am you are in a 24 month agreement and this would be considered an ETF.... again... WHY? No answer. Her name was Eunice, she said she would open a ticket for me and have a supervisor call within 24-48 hrs. A whole week passes (11/13/2017) I get Steven on the phone, I tell him everything. Steven from Vidalia (I believe, maybe Metter) GA tells me that she was an outsource and he doesn't have access to her notes? Um ok? No worries I will create a ticket number for you ma'am. I will have my supervisor Jordan give you a call back within 24-48 hrs since he is a meeting.... 9 days later... No Jordan.

Here I go again calling and this time I am NOT nice. I get Bianca. Bianca with her I am right you are wrong the only thing we can do is send a tech out there as a solution attitude telling me that she is sorry I have made such a "drastic" decision to disconnect my services. Drastic? Nope cancelling my services after horrible customer service is not drastic. It's my solution to my problem. Then she passes me to her supervisor another Steve or Steven telling me after a year he can't do anything for me. He will send a tech and check out my services and waive my fee. THAT is the solution to them right now. I set up the appointment and I will still want to know why are they charging me an ETF if all I did was transfer my services. Why did they renew my services without my authorization?  

Official Employee

Re: Change of address and change in my billing? AND extended contract with loss of legal documents??

Hi Mikgnzlz,

I can help review your billing concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation