Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Called Reps for Customer Loyalty Promo...Dont waste your time!

Regular Visitor

Called Reps for Customer Loyalty Promo...Dont waste your time!

Promo deal ended, no new promos available for existing customer?
My promo period ended for TV/internet and the bill shot up ~$30. Looking on the Comcast Xfinity site, there are plenty of specials at a lower cost for new customers, but the only packages available for existing customers are more expensive. That seems ridiculous since everyone knows the cost of acquiring a new customer is higher than retaining an existing customer. There aren't even options to downgrade service. I tried to talk to a customer service rep twice on the phone; both were pretty rude, acting like I was stupid for asking for a new-customer promo, and gave me attitude when I asked to speak to a manager ("Why do you want to talk to a manager? I can handle everything you need to do.") -- ended up hanging up on one of them.

Given that YouTube TV (with local broadcast channels) is now in our market with AT&T and Google Fiber as options, I'd think Comcast Xfinity would want to do everything they could to keep a customer while so many others are cutting the cord. What is available for me? Looking for 200 mbps internet and the ~140 channel package with HD.

l

Official Employee

Re: Called Reps for Customer Loyalty Promo...Dont waste your time!

Hi, ed571 - We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. You can find the regular rates for your tier of service and see that you have a promotional price too: https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

I can also check if we have any additional offers in your area that can lower your monthly bill. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation