Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

COMCAST FAILURE to honor multiple service cancellation requests. Bill sent to collections

New Poster

COMCAST FAILURE to honor multiple service cancellation requests. Bill sent to collections

I've spoken with COMCAST multiple times to ensure that my internet services were cancelled due to a residential move to an area beyond their service range and was assured that they were and that no monies were owed.  First request made on 7/26/2017.  After receiving a bill dated 08/1/2017 and having returned the modem to a local Xfinity store on  08/02/2017 I called Comcast customer service on 08/09/2017 to dispute the bill and was again assured by the COMCAST agent (Drake Martinez, Agent #2550716) that the account was cancelled and that charges were reversed.  The agent denied my request for a confirmation number for this conversation, insisting that confirmation was only given or needed when payments were made.  

After this conversation, I received no additional calls or bills from Comcast/Xfinity but on Saturday, 10/21/2017, I received a collections notice for two months' of service.  I can support my position with 1) pdf scans of my handwritten notes about calls made to Comcast, 2) corroboration of handwritten notes with my phone provider's call records, 3) receipt for modem return, and 4) closing docs for residential property.  

Now I just need to know how to contact someone who can correct this problem as it obvious that the main customer service agents either have no authority to conduct official business or wilfully and fraudulently ignore customer reqeuests.  HELP.  

Admin1

Re: COMCAST FAILURE to honor multiple service cancellation requests. Bill sent to collections

Hi SRD17 -- I can help with your collections issue. I reviewed your account to see what these charges are for. In review, your account billing was stopped on 7/30/2017 as requested. Your last payment had paid you up to 7/31/2017 so all service charges were covered.

The bill you received was for early termination fees for cancelling your account prior to your contract ending. Your contract states that terminating the contract for any reason, this would include moving to an area that Comcast does not service, will result in early termination fees applying. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation