Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing misrepresentation

New Poster

Billing misrepresentation

We've been a customer for 30+ years.  Several years ago we had a representative going door to door with promotional plans.  They were really good deals.  We signed up for the triple play plan with the knowledge that the rate would go up $20.00 at the end of the term, which it did.  We renewed at the the higher rate, and again, after 2 years the rate increase somewhere between $30.00 and $40.00.  We called and complained and Comcast did reduce it to just a $20.00 increase but this time the representative said the rate would be locked and never go up.  Sounds to good to be true...it was!  We just got a new bill and low and behold it's up $40.00 a month.  We called and they said there was nothing they could do and there was no record of the "deal" on file.  In fact they said they emailed a new rate contract and we signed it, which we didn't.  Anyone out there know if anything can be done or have a similar experience?

Official Employee

Re: Billing misrepresentation

Hi Carmen62. We sincerely appreciate your customer loyalty. This sounds like you were under and extended promotional discount that eventually expired. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your budget. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation