Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billed for services I never requested

New Poster

Billed for services I never requested

On the 13th of October I had issues with my service. When I called Comcast, they demanded that I provide them with the account number. Since I do no received paper statements; I had to go online and retrieve my account number. While looking at the bill; I noticed I was being charged $4.99 for something called streampix (A service I never requested); when I inquired about this, I demanded credit and started to go over my bills as far back as October , 2015. So as far as the representative and I could see, for over 2 years (24 plus months) I've been paying Comcast $4.99 for a service I never asked for or ordered. The representative promised she would open a ticket and have it elevated. Ticket 044132911. She promised a supervisor would call me Thursday at the latest for that week. No one called.

I called 2 times the following week with no follow up from any supervisors others than 1 individual stating the ticket was closed and a credit was issued for $4.99. I told the individual that was inacceptable and that I expected full credit since day 1 for the services charged I never asked for. Furthermore I pointed out that in 2016 the FCC had fined Comcast over 2.3 Million dollars for these practices and one of the settlements Comcast agreed to was to not suspend services while  a billing inquiry is opened and for an expedient resolution to billing inquiries. The representative stated someone would call me back and guess what, no one ever did. Now on the 25th of October I spoke to a "supervisor" named Mark in Billing who opened a ticket 1551609, he stated someone will call me back early next week to resolve the matter. It's now November 3rd and again I'm on hold with Comcast for over $45 minutes and counting.

If Comcast does not credit me back at teh very least $120 plus taxes; I am suspending my services.(Believe me, I have Netflix, I will survive and go with Satellite) Furthermore I am filing a complaint with the FCC regarding yet again further violations of the very practice they were fined for. In addition, I have my business account at my address through American Express and have them go through Verizon G4.

I am now speaking to another representative who is transferring me to another supervisor. I will type his response in realtime.

Supervisor: ..................... they disconnected the call.

Official Employee

Re: Billed for services I never requested

Hi Dnacapps, apologies for your experiences and if still needed I could assist reviewing this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation