Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Bad Experience to Support an Already Bad Reputation

New Poster

Bad Experience to Support an Already Bad Reputation

If I was to shed a business of its horrible reputation for service, what would I do? I would start by making sure that when a poor service situation arose, that it was fixed with haste, an apologetic tone, and go above and beyond to make customers satisfied.

Lucky for every Comcast customer that is not happening at all still to this day.

Have I had problems with Comcast over the 10+ years I have been a customer off an on? You bet. Is it always a struggle with several phone calls, online chats, frustration, and hours wasted? You bet. Why must it always be a hassle when things go wrong?

This story starts as they often do, with an upgrade to service. Unhappy with our internet speeds, I decided to look into the options for speeding things up. I was delighted to find that Comcast now offered the functionality to do this online through my account. My current plan at the time offered basic cable, HBO, and 25mpbs internet for the nice round number of 49.99 per month plus taxes and fees. It works great until my wife and I began working from home and we had many devices connected at once. So upon carefully analyzing the options, the online portal offered me a plan that was identical to my current plan with the exception that the internet was increased to 75mbps. All for an additional $10 a month. I carefully look over the fine print and looked over the bottom line change. Just as I hoped, in black and white it showed that my bill would increase to 59.99 before taxes. I pressed OK, agreed to a 24-month contract.

Moments later I refreshed my account to see that my plan now had a charge of $81.99 a month before taxes. I thought to myself "wow, Comcast surely couldn't be either 1. That terrible or 2. Be susceptible to that kind of tech glitch." So I waited 24 hours to see if my account updated. Checking back the following day, I see that nothing has changed. Still, my account shows a plan that I did not agree to. So, with so much hate and disdain in my heart, I dialed customer service. I thought for sure that the agent would see how crazy this error was and immediately fix it as any other business would do. Well, she did think it was crazy and advised me to wait another 24 hours to give the system time to process my request. So, I waited 3 days. To my surprise, still, nothing had changed in my account. So, now quite annoyed and upset, I dialed customer service again. This time the agent assured me this was a mistake and that she had made the necessary updates to fix the issue and return my billing to the promised $59.99 monthly before taxes I signed up for. She said the changes would show in the account within 24 hours. So, a few days later I check to make sure the changes had been made and voila!, nothing had changed. So, that is now 2 phone calls, 2 hours of effort over weeks, and absolutely nothing had changed besides my frustration level.

Today I called customer service for the 3rd time. This time I asked for a supervisor, which essentially did not happen. I also asked for 1 of 2 simple things to happen:

1. Grant me the plan which I was offered and agreed to

2. Change me back to my original plan

The agent proceeded to put me on hold for 15 minutes to research my issue. She then said she would have to contact the retention team in order to assist me. After another long hold, she came back with an option which was her "best" option. She says she could offer me my prior plan at $59.99 a month. She was unable to give me my old plan back because it was "no longer available." THE AGENT OFFERED ME THE SAME PLAN I HAD BEFORE FOR AN EXTRA $10 A MONTH. So, after I wasted hours, was lied to, and essentially in the process of being stolen from, I am offered to have my old plan back for 20% more than what I was paying just a few weeks ago. 

As you might imagine I lost my temper and asked to speak with a manager, the CEO, or anyone else because I want this fixed RIGHT NOW. She put me on hold for another 5-10 minutes and informed me that her supervisor was busy with another customer (I imagine she stays very busy due to how god awful my experience is with Comcast every time I call) and that she would call me back ASAP. That was 3 hours ago and I have 100% confidence that I will not receive that call. 

So, what am I to do? Accept the fact that a company has unethically, unapologetically, and openly misled and bamboozled me into a situation for which I seemingly have no power to rectify? Or do I continue to battle and see if I cant raise my blood pressure to a point that gives me a heart attack?

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated. 

UPDATE 10/5/17

Still no response on the forum. I decided to try contacting the online chat support hoping that a link to this post may be the solution. After a 10-minute chat with the rep simply restating the obvious while cutting and pasting service terms he encouraged me to call the Loyalty team @1-800-934-6489. I call that number and the first thing it asks me is if I am having trouble "purchasing a video on demand?" They don't know how much I wish that was my issue.

So, I call the loyalty team and it seems very much of the same. They ask for my information, "review my billing statements" and ultimately just waste more of my time with no authority nor intention of fixing my problem. After 20 minutes of back and forth, the rep told me my previous plan was no longer available so I calmly asked the customer rep to "stop talking, and listen carefully." "If you do not have the authority to grant me what I signed up for then you need to find me that person right now. I will not be accepting any callbacks, further explanation, or extended hold times." The rep then sent me to the "customer solutions team" which is ironic given that the number I had dialed 4 times previous was anything but a resolution team.

Luckily, I was transferred to a representative that was in Florida, spoke perfect English (not that there is anything wrong with non-native speakers except that they are often located in an offshore call center and famously not given authority to do much to help), and fully understood my problem and to my utter shock.....was able to fix my issue. After about 20 minutes of explaining the story to him, he was able to honor the pricing that was advertised. I am still a little baffled to how easy it all was once I finally got to the right person. It seems the battle is won by getting through the generic customer service team to the folks in Florida.

This brings the tally to 4 calls to customer service, 1 online chat, spoke to 7 different customer service agents, 1 forum post, and finally 1 resolution.

Cable Expert

Re: Bad Experience to Support an Already Bad Reputation

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It seems we all have had this kind of experiece. I was told I would not be charged for a service call by 2 different people and it still shows on my upcoming bill and have not gotten any response to a posting I made days ago. Over 65 people have read mine with no Comcast reply one way or another. I will keep an eye on your post to see if you get any recourse to the good.

Official Employee

Hi really33, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am glad that you were able to speak with someone today that was able to understand your issue and resolve it. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reach back out to us.

shipper50 wrote: It seems we all have had this kind of experiece. I was told I would not be charged for a service call by 2 different people and it still shows on my upcoming bill and have not gotten any response to a posting I made days ago. Over 65 people have read mine with no Comcast reply one way or another. I will keep an eye on your post to see if you get any recourse to the good.

I can look into your service charge for you, please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation