Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Automatically Signed In to my Roommate's account without any of his info

New Poster

Automatically Signed In to my Roommate's account without any of his info

Hello all, 

As the subject line says, I automatically signed in to my roommate's Xfinity account without inputting any of his information (by the way, thats a pretty serious security flaw), and now my devices won't stop automatically signing in to his account. How do I stop this, especially on my iPhone?

For backstory in case it is helpful, I just moved from my parents' house to a house in a new city with a roommate. Both my parents and my new roommate have Xfinity. I was trying to watch TV on my phone through apps that allow me to sign in with my parents' account (NBCSN, WatchESPN, etc.), but they said that they were not included in my subscription, which is wrong. So I tried on my computer, and had the same issue. When I then went to Xfinity's website, it said "Hello, *roommate's name*" rather than my dad's name, which is on my account back home. 

I don't know if I signed in to his account while using the xfinitywifi that I automatically connect to or what, but this is pretty annoying. I don't even know if I am posting this from his account or not. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Service Expert

Re: Automatically Signed In to my Roommate's account without any of his info

jl61995 wrote:

Hello all, 

As the subject line says, I automatically signed in to my roommate's Xfinity account without inputting any of his information (by the way, thats a pretty serious security flaw), and now my devices won't stop automatically signing in to his account. How do I stop this, especially on my iPhone?

For backstory in case it is helpful, I just moved from my parents' house to a house in a new city with a roommate. Both my parents and my new roommate have Xfinity. I was trying to watch TV on my phone through apps that allow me to sign in with my parents' account (NBCSN, WatchESPN, etc.), but they said that they were not included in my subscription, which is wrong. So I tried on my computer, and had the same issue. When I then went to Xfinity's website, it said "Hello, *roommate's name*" rather than my dad's name, which is on my account back home. 

I don't know if I signed in to his account while using the xfinitywifi that I automatically connect to or what, but this is pretty annoying. I don't even know if I am posting this from his account or not. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

I don't use an iPhone so I can't help you with that part, but as you have discovered you can't sign in to your parent's account unless you are on their network, which is why you ended up on your roommate's network.  The security flaw doesn't necessarily lie with Comcast, but in the fact that your roommate doesn't have a secured network if you weren't presented with a login screen for their username and password.  That's something you should probably bring up with your roommate, too.  Until they secure their network, you will [and anyone else in the vacinity] continue to be automatically signed in.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation