Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Account Cancellation on 9/28/2017

Regular Visitor

Account Cancellation on 9/28/2017

Dear Comcast:

I called your number 1-800-934-6489 and requested cancellation of my cable service on September 28, 2017. This was the same day that I activated AT&T Gigabit Fiber.

The representative assured me that my cancellation would go through the same day, and I would receive a final bill.

Yesterday I received a call from your marketing department to attempt to resell me a cable package. Upon checking today my account still shows active and I never received a written confirmation of cancellation by email or by mail, but I trust that you will keep your word, and will not attempt to deceitfully or negligently extend my service beyond my cancellation date above or to charge me an ETF.

Please ensure that our earlier agreement to cancel my services on 9/28/2017 is timely honored.

Because you don't have an email address listed, this will serve as a written notice and confirmation that I requested cancellation of all of my Comcast services on 9/28/2017.

(This message is cached via web.archive.org and a certified copy may be procured in case of a later dispute.)

Regards,

< Personal Information >

P.S. Making it exceedingly difficult to cancel your services will not help retain your customers.

Admin1

Re: Account Cancellation on 9/28/2017

Hi 95820 -- I can help with that cancellation request. I reviewed your account and it was stopped on 9/28 as you had requested. Your online account may have displayed your service as Active while your order was going through final processing. Your final billing statement will show you confirmation that all charges were stopped as of 9/28. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation