Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$70 Residential trouble call charge

ANSWERED
New Poster

$70 Residential trouble call charge

I was recently charged $70 for a residential trouble call.

I upgraded my TV box to a newer one that would connect to YouTube, Netflix, etc.  When I connected it, it started giving me different error messages, saying that it couldn't connect to the Xfinity services.  So, I called in, the signals being sent weren't working, so they decided to send a tech out.  I verified that this was not something that I would be charged with, and was told "No, unless it is a problem with your inside wiring."  The tech showed up, checked some signals on the new box, went outside to the main hub on the side of the house, and determined that the problem was with the way that a previous technician had installed the hardware.  So, he fixed the problem, removing some unnecessary piece of hardware (a "pad"?), and that was that.  There were NO problems with the inside wiring, this was all on the outside of the house, exclusively on Comcast equipment.  So, my question is why am I being charged $70 for something that I was never told I would be charged for, and according to everything that I've read, should not be a "chargeable" service visit? How do I get this fixed? I am very exasperated, I love Comcast but I don't like these undisclosed charges.

Accepted Solution

Re: $70 Residential trouble call charge

Hello jrobertssr13. I've received your private message about this as well. I can assist in reviewing this technician visit you were billed for. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Also, just an FYI, per our Comcast Forum Guidelines , please refrain from sending unsolicited private messages to any user.  

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello jrobertssr13. I've received your private message about this as well. I can assist in reviewing this technician visit you were billed for. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Also, just an FYI, per our Comcast Forum Guidelines , please refrain from sending unsolicited private messages to any user.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've sent you the private message, and I'm sorry for the break in protocol, I'm a first-timer on here.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation