Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$604.99 charge on credit card from XFINITY MOBILE

Regular Visitor

$604.99 charge on credit card from XFINITY MOBILE

I bought a iPhone 6S from XFINITY MOBILE (XM). The rep at the store gave me the 128gb model when I really wanted the 32gb. I didn't notice this until later because the phones look exactly the same. XM said I could swap the phone for a 32gb which I did. XM sent me the 32gb phone via FedEx. I sent the 128gb phone back to XM in the packaging provided along with the RMA #.

That was a couple of weeks ago. Now I see a charge of $604.99 on my credit card bill which I assume is because of this phone swap. I tried calling XM but gave up because the hold time was too long. I chatted online with an XM rep, she saw the charge but didn't have any info about it. She just said to call the regular Xfinity support #. I called the Xfinity support #, they just transferred me back to the XM phone queue.

How do I resolve this problem?

Regular Visitor

Re: $604.99 charge on credit card from XFINITY MOBILE

A couple of other notes:

When I log into my XM account there is nothing about this charge in the billing section.

Why is the charge $604.99? The iPhone 6S is listed for $449 on the XM site (and I bought it during the $200 off sale so it should be cheaper).

Official Employee

Re: $604.99 charge on credit card from XFINITY MOBILE

Radium1, it sounds like the exchange was done outside of the promotional window which is why you were charged the non promotional price. Typically, if you purchase a device from the store, it is best to return it to the store as the online and in store inventories are different. Please send me a private message with your full name, account number, and address so I can help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation