Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

60 dollar service charge

Regular Visitor

60 dollar service charge

I'm complaining about the charge that was given to me after a technician came to my house to work on the cable service. I was never told that it would be a charge for them to come out to work on their equipment. I called to tell them about the cable booster that they install appears to have soot or smoke marks.  When I explained that on the 6th Oct, the support person suggested that I have someone look at it. She never told that I will be charged like this. If she would have told this prior I would have never have agreed to the service call.

When I complained about the issue to a rep on November 20th she was to have a supervisor call me back. He did around 10 PM at night only to tell me the service charge were legit and he could not credit. I ask to speak to his someone over him he told me he would get a supervisor to call me. Well to my surprise I thought he was the supervisor… so I was lied to there. So when I reminded him of this he hung up in my face. I’ve been with this company for more than 25 years and now that they have me on a 2 year contract they know it will cost more to drop them.

What my expectation if I agreed to pay something surly I will pay but I was never told of this never sign anything to agree with this yet they feel like they could just bill you and say it legit. What to stop them from just adding this to your bill from the beginning.

After the holidays, I will pay whatever it takes to get out of this contract. I rather lose than to be taken advantage of.  And to look at this blog and the many complaints about the illegal charge they will be losing many more customers.

Official Employee

Re: 60 dollar service charge

Hello beenliedtwo, I show that we addressed this issue for you yesterday on the phone. I am glad that we were able to come to an agreement and get this resolved for you. Have a good day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am not sure if I should just create a new post for my specific issue but I too just received my monthly bill and noticed a $60 charge for a technician visit.  Yes a technician did visit and correct two cable system issues.  I am not sure why this charge would appear then force me to spend my time and effort to get it removed.  I was not informed that it would cost me to correct the two problems with their line.  If I had been I would have just lived with a drooping service line and channel pixelation.  I was more concerned with the drooping service line because it was almost down to my head and I did not want it to get any lower and eventually have to revive my limbo skills to get under it.

Can a Comcast forum agent offer any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation