Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

2 Year Contract fee changed-I pay much more

Frequent Visitor

2 Year Contract fee changed-I pay much more

A while back, when my bill was $160+ I called to see how I could lower it.  I was told to get the triple play, adding phone service.  My bill then went up to $190+.  I then asked to have it lowered and was told if I signed a 2 year contract, it would.  It went up again and I was told to "read my account" information.  Well, yesterday I got my bill and it's now $222.78.  If I wasn't able to afford $160+ and did everything Comcast told me to do, to lower my bill, how can you do this to me? Why did you increase my bill to make it totally unaffordable?  I've never used the phone...don't even know the number.  I don't watch 3/4 of the channels, but to get just 2 that I want, I have to be on a certain plan.  I'm disabled and on a fixed income.  Comcast lied to me too many times...this is terrible!

New Poster

Re: 2 Year Contract fee changed-I pay much more

I too am in the same boat.  I am not savvy with all the electronics stuff out there and rely on my husband for answers to most of my tech questions.  I am on a fixed income and my cable bill nearly doubled.  I used to pay average $110 a month for a triple play package, now that has gone to over $200 a month.  Plus, my TV does NOT support HD so I don't need that feature.  I tried talking to a rep on the phone but was flatly told there are no other options for me.  My husband is a bit more savvy about these things but wasn't able to do anything because his name is not on the account.  I feel that I have been taken advantage of and I am seriously thinking about checking out other providers.

Frequent Visitor

I just don't understand how they can keep increasing my bill when they are the ones who made the suggestions, that I followed to lower it.  I can no longer trust them.  This leaves me in tears and I feel that I was taken advantage of, more than twice.  They also pulled a sly move.  They installed an HD box and charged me for it.  I did not request it and that was another "take advantange of me".  That was resolved.  But, when the Comcast guy installed it I asked why he was using an HD box.  He lied and said it's standard and that the HD wouldn't be active...What a crock! I had to get another box because of 2 channel I like to watch.  Honestly, I could settle for 6 channels out of the thousands I must pay for.

Official Employee

Hi sandys, apologies for your experiences and can assist going over current promotions with you, please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi plawrence, I can assist going over current promotions with you as well, could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation