75 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 76 (349 Views)

Re: Netflix Open Connect?

closing old thread

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 2 of 76 (1,221 Views)

Comcast didn't listen to the community, Netflix did. Comcast didn't join OpenConnect at all. My Netflix stream is a blocky 320 or maybe 480 during peak times. Comcast doesn't bother alleviating this traffic jam since they are more interested in offering competing services than having satisfied customers.

Comcast, please join OpenConnect! It will SAVE YOU MONEY!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 76 (1,402 Views)

Thank you Comcast for listening!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 76 (1,462 Views)

Same for me.  I was quite surprised to see a movie streaming in "Super HD" the other day.  After finishing the movie, I looked around and discovered a 3D category.  I watched about 5 minutes of some RedBull mountain bike thing and sure enough, I got a nice 3d picture.

Right now the 3d offerings are pretty limited, but there is a ton of content that supports "Super HD".  Thanks Netflix!

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

Message 5 of 76 (1,743 Views)

wmeeker wrote:

Makes sense.  Comcast has given be nothing but bigger bills. I gave up on Comcast TV a long time ago and went with Dish. Better everthing including value. Unfortunately, in my suburban area there are no high speed ISP alternatives.  Now that my local node has a lot of activity, the 3D feed occasionally stops and needs to respool for a while.  I do rejoice in the opportunity to watch an IMAX film in 3D, I have never seen, about the ocean - a sardine school in 3D is a lot different than in 2D.  While I wrote this, it respooled twice, lets hope in calms down.

Same situation here with providers; fhe difference it functionality and service....well, there is no comparison. BTW, which 3D movie are you referring to on Netflix?  Sounds interesting.

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 6 of 76 (1,774 Views)

KeenanSR wrote:

Comcast didn't make it happen, Netflix decided to supply the high bitrate streams to all members regardless of whether their ISP is a Open Connect partner or not.

Thank you Netfix! The difference in picture quality is great. The depth of the picture is almost--not quite--3D. Maybe 2.5D.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 7 of 76 (1,777 Views)

Makes sense.  Comcast has given be nothing but bigger bills. I gave up on Comcast TV a long time ago and went with Dish. Better everthing including value. Unfortunately, in my suburban area there are no high speed ISP alternatives.  Now that my local node has a lot of activity, the 3D feed occasionally stops and needs to respool for a while.  I do rejoice in the opportunity to watch an IMAX film in 3D, I have never seen, about the ocean - a sardine school in 3D is a lot different than in 2D.  While I wrote this, it respooled twice, lets hope in calms down.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 76 (1,792 Views)

Comcast didn't make it happen, Netflix decided to supply the high bitrate streams to all members regardless of whether their ISP is a Open Connect partner or not.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 76 (1,797 Views)

Wowee Zowee! I fired up Netflix on my PS3 after work in Olympia, WA and there it was   --- 3D Super HD with 5.1 audio.  Thank you Forum and thank you Comcast for making this happen.  Better not be a teaser. I would not be a happy camper.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 76 (1,887 Views)

Glad to see this is still getting some chatter.  I started this thread back in January, and unsurprisingly, nothing has come of it.  Still no other ISP's in my area either...

In regards to a previous poster's comment about getting super HD for awhile and another comment about getting a 3D category; I've read the same thing on other message boards, although none as recent as August.  Maybe it's something that's slowly in the works.  We can only hope.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 76 (1,894 Views)

rog286713 wrote:

most hd channels are broadcast in 720 which is what you see now.  netflix also broadcasts in 720 if you have your quality set to high.    the average person cannot tell the difference between that and 1080

(See the link) a viewer sitting 8-10 feet won't see ANY DIFFERENCE beteen a 1080p and 720p HDTV until the screen size is at least 50" (and many won't reliably see a difference until 65").

Source(s):

people just want it like the article says because they think its better.    the marketing folks of the big tv manufactureres have been pulling that one over on the public for years.  More and faster is always better. 

Rog, perhaps I would not see a difference between 1080 and 720, but I sure as heck would see the difference between 2D and 3D....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 76 (1,913 Views)

I don't now if it helps or not, but you can stream 3d with Vudu on the comcast network at full resolution. So the network speeds are good enough to handle the bandwidth required.

The bad news is that Vudu is just as expensive as Streampix, iTunes and all the other online rental options...

I asked the online chat about Super HD aswell and got a blank response... but thats been the general response I have got from every query I have made online to comcast chat

Posted by
Visitor
Message 13 of 76 (2,300 Views)

It seems like the decision makers at Comcast are insulated from their customers.  Only way to give input is phone or chat conversations with sales oriented people.

Comcast has a virtual monopoly in my town.  They need to earn the Xfinity title they have given themselves and give us access to the Netflix services we are paying for.

Netflix advises:  ISPs can directly connect their networks to Open Connect for free. ISPs can do this either by free peering with us at common Internet exchanges, or can save even more transit costs by putting our free storage appliances in or near their network.

Major ISPs around the world have already connected to Open Connect, including Frontier, British Telecom, TDC, Clearwire, GVT, Telus, Bell Canada, Virgin, Cablevision, Google Fiber, Telmex, and more.

As part of Open Connect, we are also sharing our hardware design and the open source software components of the server. These designs are suitable for any other provider of large media files, and are very cost efficient. We welcome commentary and improvements, which will be shared with the community with the goal of a faster, less expensive Internet for all.

Open Connect is a single-purpose Content Distribution Network, and by shifting to Open Connect, from using third-party commercial CDNs, we are able to save money and keep consumer prices low.

Come on, Comcast.  Are you a major player or not?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 14 of 76 (2,426 Views)

Yep, I can't believe the Comcast Executives are not aware of the lack of offering Netflix Open Connect to their customers.  I would be nice to have and explanation.

It seems unlikely Netflix charges to ISPs for access to Open Content, but maybe.

Would it consume excessive bandwidth?  This seems unlikely.

I live in an area where Comcast is the only viable broadband option.  It is very frustrating that Comcast does not seem to me motivated to keep up with the times.

Yes, the Comcast executives are aware of the lack of offering, they are the ones who made the decision to not participate.

No, Netflix does not charge for the Open Connect--it is open source and they have specifically provided the information necessary to access it, and have explicitly stated that it will not cost the ISP anything.

It would consume some extra bandwidth I suspect, since it is a much higher definition video.

I feel your pain. If I had a viable alternative, I would dump Comcast in a heartbeat. There is hope on the horizon though that Google may come to my area within the next 2 years.

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 15 of 76 (2,424 Views)

wmeeker, your message was removed because of a formatting problem that caused it to take up hugely excessive screen space.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 76 (2,475 Views)

andyross wrote:

It looks like there was a glitch and some non-OpenConnect ISP's were being offered the titles.

Yet it also shows that Comcast's speed is compatible, since it worked for the poster. Comcast has the capability, Comcast refuses to allow their customers to use it.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 17 of 76 (2,479 Views)

It looks like there was a glitch and some non-OpenConnect ISP's were being offered the titles.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 18 of 76 (2,491 Views)

The last post suggests the only reason we are not getting full Netflix content including 3D is because choose to restrict it.

I'm not seeing any 3D category on Netflix in Olympia, WA using my PS3. If I do a search for 3D it comes up with a very short list mostly kid shows in 2D.  Probably because animation is 3D style.

Please let me know of any plans to bring Netflix 3D to Comcast in my area.

I really hope Comcast will take notice and enable this feature soon.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 76 (2,516 Views)

So something very strange happened today.  I didn't even know I could stream 3D content from netflix.  So I got off work today, booted up my PS3 and  there was a 3D category on my category list, so I picked a surf video and started watching.  It was a great 3D title, and I was really enjoying it in 3D.

I took a break to do some laundry and stuff and when I came back, the option was gone!  What the heck Comcast, I spend all this money on cool hardware and I can't even use it with my paid subscription to Netflix.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 76 (2,691 Views)

I love the chat banter in some of the replies, the Comcast side sounds a lot like a joke program from the 90s. It pretended to be a human psycologist by echoing your own words back and when it was backed into a corner, it changed the subject. 

The next person should test it by asking simple questions a human could answer. Another method would be to enter bad spelling or nonsense statements using cable oriented buzzwords. 

How sad that a technical question gets routed to sales.Ha Ha Ha With tech support like that, I will never worry about lack of real jobs.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 21 of 76 (2,789 Views)

I was watching "Orange is the New Black" on my PS3 the other day and the quality was Super HD for 30 min before I had to step away. Netflix says that there is no way for that quality to show by mistake. Maybe Comcast is finally stepping up.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 76 (2,816 Views)

After this another comcast rep got on and gave me the link to email some VP at comcast about the issue.  He was much more helpful than the first two reps.  Hopefully something good comes of this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 76 (2,823 Views)

sean: My Issue: When will Comcast opt in for Netflix's Open Connect Content Delivery Network?

analyst Debbie has entered room

Debbie: Hello sean, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Debbie. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Debbie: I hope you haven't waited so long to be assisted.

Debbie: I understand that your concern is about Netflix. Can you provide details so that I can better assist you?

sean: Netflix has set up a service to allow users to stream super hd and 3d content. The ISP however must opt into this service. I want to know when Comcast will be doing this. And if they don't plan to why?

Debbie: In questions regarding Netflix, I will connect you to our Sales Department as they are more updated when it comes to better options that you can sign up for.

sean: ok

Debbie: Thank you.

Debbie: Please stay connected to the chat for the next available representative. Thank you for choosing Comcast for your entertainment needs.

Debbie: Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

analyst Punzalan has entered room

analyst Debbie has left room

Punzalan: I see you are interested in adding Comcast services. It's my pleasure to process your order and answer any questions you may have throughout our conversation.

analyst Debbie has left room

Punzalan: Hello, Sean! How are you today?

Punzalan: May I have 2 -3 minutes to review your previous chat.

sean: Good. How are you?

sean: Sure

Punzalan: That is great! I am fine as well. Thank you for asking.

Punzalan: Thank you.

Punzalan: I can see here that you are inquiring about Netflix's here in Comcast we have that and we call it Streampix.

sean: That is not helpful at all.

Punzalan: You can add it on your account for $4.99 per month

sean: I am asking about a specific service that Comcast would have to opt into.

Punzalan: XFINITY Streampix allows customers to instantly watch movies and TV shows, including entire past seasons of hit TV shows and full series of recent hit TV shows. This deep library of movies and TV shows complements what is currently available on XFINITY TV and further creates a one-stop video solution for customers.

sean: I am not interested in Streampix. I want to know about Comcast opting into Netflix Open Connect so that i can stream 3d content from netflix.

Punzalan: Here in Comcast we have that as a Sreampix where you can Streammovies online, Sean.

sean: you are not answering my question.

Punzalan: I am sorry for the confusion, what am I trying to say is the equivalent of Netlix is Streampix. And to answer your question we cannot have that.

sean: If Comcast doesn't support the services I want then why should I continue to give Comcast my money?

sean: Why can't we have that?

Punzalan: Because we have a Streampix for streaming videos Sean.

sean: Why can't you have both?

sean: ?

Punzalan: Comcast is doing its best to be able to give you the best services that you need. We are still on the process of having that added on our services as of this time.

sean: So Comcast has plans to opt into Netflix Open Connect?

sean: ?

Punzalan: You will receive an email confirmation/notification in case it is available.

sean: So Comcast doesn't plan to opt in?

sean: This is making me question if I should remain a comcast customer. I think I will start shopping around for another ISP since comcast doesn't value me as a customer.

Punzalan: We haven't receive any updates in regards with that, Sean.

Punzalan: As soon as we receive the updates you will receive an email about it.

Punzalan: I hope I was able to clarify everything for you. Before we end today, is there anything else that I can assist you with?

sean: You clarified that comcast doesn't value its customers enough to give them the services they want.

Punzalan: I certainly apologize that we were unable to have your order today. I do appreciate the time you took to contact us and your patience .

Punzalan: If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to chat with us (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/ to help you solve many issues on your own.

sean: I think i will avoid that at all costs. I would rather spend my time finding a company that cares about its customers to give my money to.

Punzalan: I do apologized Sean, As much as I want to have that on your account we don't have any updates with that.

Punzalan: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

sean: Know of a good ISP?

sean: I'll take that as a no.

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-24-2013 03:21 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 24 of 76 (3,483 Views)

[ Edited ]

In the bay area there isnt a better carrier, especially as a TiVo XL4 owner. Personaly I am happy with Comcast, I have never had an issue with the service. Sure its expensive for everything but no one has matched their services for me. DirecTV doesn't support TiVo Premiers, nor does AT&T (their HD compression is horrid) , nor does Dish. 

Comcast Speeds in the Bay Area are 50mb down/10mb up for the mid range package.

A TiVo with a Slingbox hooked up = my DVR, onDemand, Live TV goes with me everyware even when I travel internationaly. I know the Slingbox isnt exclusive to Comcast but just saying its the most bang for my buck when you factor in ease of use. Plus I get Hulu, Netflix, Amazon outside of the country that way. 

In regards to 3D the only way to get 1080p per eye is via a blu ray disc currently and your ps3 has to be the newest version. Hopefuly Netflix actually is 1080p for each stream. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 25 of 76 (3,514 Views)

rhettf wrote:

comcast has a lot of 3D onDemand content and two 3D Channels. 

At any given moment I'd say there is about 20-30 3D movies available onDemand (Startz, HBO, Comcast) 

I have Comcast for internet, but NOT for television--and will NOT make the mistake of switching back to them again. If they cannot (or refuse to) support the technology that is becoming available across the industry, then I will find another internet provider-just as I found another one for television.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 76 (3,542 Views)

comcast has a lot of 3D onDemand content and two 3D Channels. 

At any given moment I'd say there is about 20-30 3D movies available onDemand (Startz, HBO, Comcast) 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 27 of 76 (19,263 Views)

I doubt there are any tricks or backdoors to getting Netflix Open Content. It will take Comcast to change its policies and permit the content to go to it's subscribers.  It has just been a rather long time since 3D content has been available.  One of the reasons I love my PS3s.  I have 2.

With the PS4 just around the corner, isn't it time for Comcast to show some moxie?  Does 3D really consume that much bandwidth?

Just did a Speakeasy Speetest and can't do much better than better than 7 Mbps.  Could be partly peek time in my Olympia, WA neighborhood.

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-22-2013 03:29 AM

Valued Contributor

Message 28 of 76 (19,363 Views)

[ Edited ]

johnty wrote:

MikeWolf,

Does the "SuperHD" badge appear on the Netflix player screen (Windows 8)?  I bypassed the Comcast DNS servers and Netflix now reports that I can receive Super HD.

I have a 20Mbps connection.  I'm playing something that has SuperHD and DD5.1 on the movie info page but bringing up the Stream Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-S) shows a bitrate of 3.85Mbps.  The 5.1 surround works great but the picture is so-so.  The "Example Short 23.976" shows a peak rate of 5.8Mbps at 1080x1920.  No mention of SuperHD anywhere.

OOn my Comcast network the Windows 8 Netflix app doesn't show the Super HD badge when using Comcast's default DNS servers, but if I bypass it and use a third party DNS server such as unblock-us with that free trial, it does, along with my PS3 and TiVo Premieres and anything else I can get my paws on. http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/fe/350x700px-LL-fefaa874_image.jpeg http://cdn.avsforum.com/b/b6/350x700px-LL-b6c56f5e_PS3-Display.jpeg My TiVo's for some reason show the Super HD badge regardless of weither I'm able to access the Super HD videos on Comcast or not which is wierd since I'm now back on Comcasts non supported DNS addresses. What someone needs to do is get a third party DNS server host that is SuperHD supportive like unblock-us does, only without the subscription requirement.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 29 of 76 (19,390 Views)

I have a PS3 and a 3D TV. Come on Comcast, open the trottle on 3D. Netflix says it is free with subscription.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 30 of 76 (19,581 Views)

I'm using "unblock-us dot com" on a trial basis.  Once you set up your wireless router (or Windows 8 PC) with the DNS numbers they give you, Netflix reports that your ISP supports Super HD.  I've only tested with Windows 8.  $5/mo after a trial period.

I'm also going to try "unoDNS".  Same sort of service, same price, but sounds like if might be an even better performer.

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-19-2013 09:56 PM

Visitor

Message 31 of 76 (19,634 Views)

[ Edited ]

I tried setting my router to use OpenDNS, the Netflix SuperHD test page still tells me my provider is not set up for it.

Which DNS servers are people using?  How are people getting SuperHD at all?

Edit: Latest speedtest tells me I'm getting 56.42 down, 11.86 up -- more than enough to handle SuperHD.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 32 of 76 (19,636 Views)

johnty wrote:

MikeWolf,

Does the "SuperHD" badge appear on the Netflix player screen (Windows 8)?  I bypassed the Comcast DNS servers and Netflix now reports that I can receive Super HD.

I have a 20Mbps connection.  I'm playing something that has SuperHD and DD5.1 on the movie info page but bringing up the Stream Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-S) shows a bitrate of 3.85Mbps.  The 5.1 surround works great but the picture is so-so.  The "Example Short 23.976" shows a peak rate of 5.8Mbps at 1080x1920.  No mention of SuperHD anywhere.

How do you bypass the Comcast DNS server? I get speed tests here of 17Mpbs (give or take a few hundredths)...if it is the DNS server...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 33 of 76 (19,638 Views)

Re: 3d open connect to support netflx 3d comcast

jbrianas wrote:

as i see it , netflix = 7.99 per month unlimited movies/shows

comcast = 5.99 per movie

in no way are they going to support the competition that can blow them outa the water and take a piece of thier pie

Keeping in mind that the Netflix movies that are streamed is not anywhere near a comprehensive (or new in most cases) library-and does not really compete with the On Demand movies-now that Redbox on every corner.... I am a heavy Netflix user, I also watch current season shows on Dish (since Comcast won't support all the features Dish does), and Netflix is a great place to go back and watch earlier episodes to "catch up" on a series that may have been on for awhile but I missed the first few seasons.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 34 of 76 (19,639 Views)

Re: Netflix open connect network

djmt2001 wrote:

So for those of us that have 3D tv's and netflix, we can't use the 3D service netflix provides because comcast is too cheap to join netflix's open connect network ( which wont cost them anything ). So why is it that prices keep going up yet we can't use our internet service for what we want to use it for? Come on Comcast get it together. Join the open connect network, your customers will be happy about it. 

I am now just waiting for AT&T Uverse or Verizon FIOS to move to my area (expected within 12 months). Then I lose Comcast completely. They either need to support their customer's technology or expect to start losing customers.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 35 of 76 (19,653 Views)

MikeWolf,

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 36 of 76 (19,739 Views)

I'll run those test tonight, My slingbox can only handle 720p and goes black once I hit 1080p/24f.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 37 of 76 (19,754 Views)

How can you tell you are getting SuperHD on the Premiere? On both of mine the "SuperHD" badge is on alot of videos, but my PS3 and Windows 8 computer and website says I don't. The PS3 and Windows 8 computer have a dynamic "SuperHD" badge which appears automatically if it's able to connect to the special server. Try to play "Example Short 23.976" and "Example Short 23.976 Clear" and see what bitrate you get. I think if it's SuperHD it's supposed to be in the high 5800kbps range.

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-17-2013 04:00 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 38 of 76 (19,904 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can confirm I have gotten super HD via my Tivo Premier DVR. I can see a major quality difference from regular Netflix HD. 3D works too. 

I roll my own Internal DNS server and am behind a sonicwall. The DNS server connects to OpenDNS for external zones. 

Whats interesting is that at my office 3 miles away from my home (which is also comcast business class) says I don't get Super HD. the network setup is indentical too. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 39 of 76 (20,025 Views)

Good question KeenanSR. Also what are the DNS addresses you are using rhettf?

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-16-2013 07:19 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 40 of 76 (20,041 Views)

[ Edited ]

Are you using a standard DNS setting, and not one of the DNS services that will direct you to the Super HD CDNs?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 41 of 76 (20,045 Views)

I just tried with my regular residental, and it says it doesn't have SuperHD. Have you tried a device to see if you are actually getting the SuperHD feed?

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-16-2013 12:29 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 42 of 76 (20,099 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am in Oakland, CA with Comcast Business Class. I have been able to recieve SuperHD from netflix. I ran this test 20 minutes ago from the time of this post.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 43 of 76 (21,349 Views)

Carole, thank you for removing the spam post in this topic and leaving a placeholder stating why it was removed. I noticed the same message was posted 5 other times in other threads and these were also removed.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 44 of 76 (21,418 Views)

Troll or spam Trolls are individuals who start inflammatory threads or post rude or offensive messages for the purpose of disrupting a discussion or to upset other forum participants. Trolling behavior includes purposely harassing a particular member, employee, moderator, or administrator, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc.. This may include emails and/or phone calls to Comcast, Comcast employees or any variation of, Lithium, Lithium employees or any variation of. Trolls risk having their posts removed and may be banned from participating in the forums. Similarly, repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is prohibited. This includes posting for the sole purpose of gaining a higher post count or rank. Spamming may also include, but is not limited to, any of the following 8. Use Inappropriate content Messages containing religious, racially, or sexually offensive content, profanity, insults, or other inappropriate content will be removed; the member’s posting privileges may also be revoked.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 76 (21,841 Views)

as i see it , netflix = 7.99 per month unlimited movies/shows

comcast = 5.99 per movie

in no way are they going to support the competition that can blow them outa the water and take a piece of thier pie

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 46 of 76 (23,422 Views)

ah no problem. Smiley Happy

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 47 of 76 (23,411 Views)

MikeWolf wrote:

um kevj the url you posted is of the thread we're currently in. Looped.

What actually happened is that the thread I responded to got moved to and merged with this one, and my post came along with it...

Thanks for the head's up..I have edited the unecessary post...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 48 of 76 (23,497 Views)

um kevj the url you posted is of the thread we're currently in. Looped.

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-05-2013 10:42 AM

Networking Expert

Message 49 of 76 (23,528 Views)

[ Edited ]

Merge of original thread caused a reference within this thread to itself...removed link...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions
Posted by
Visitor

Message 50 of 76 (23,544 Views)

3d open connect to support netflx 3d comcast

Netflix needs open connect or a port opened to utilize their 3d movies. Comcast is blind to this even though some of the people heard of it when they switch you to the dept sales to do it sales is dumbfounded. Anyone know if its something comcast offers ... they sure dont know.