Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ridiculous pin

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,110 Views)

Ridiculous pin

I received a new security pin that is not correct.  The entry box will only accept 4 characters.  I received 8 characters.  [PHIN:AT]  which is ridiculous and obviously will not work.  What is the solution to my problem?

cdb531

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4 (1,107 Views)

Re: Ridiculous pin

Hello,

This is basically a customer to customer help forum. We dont have any access to personal account. What you should do is calling 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 4 (1,072 Views)

"What you should do is calling 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity"

No, not unless you want to be bounced around 5 or 6 reps, get hung up on twice, and spend an hour or more of your life you will never get back.  

Try making fun of the whole experienjce on twitter using a #comcast hashtag.  At least someone responds to that... still waiting to see if they do anything to fix their own error, but at least I get to poke fun of them visibly while they ponder their next course of (in)action!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 4 (1,069 Views)

FWIW, this is marked as solved in:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/Comcast-supplied-pin-doesn-t-work/td-p/1145351

Mine isn't fixed yet, tho.

-->