New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

what happened to GRIT TV on Comcast March 2017

ANSWERED
New Poster

what happened to GRIT TV on Comcast March 2017

What happened to GRIT TV (Pittsburgh locale) March 2017?

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing GRIT

21MTR wrote:

What happened to "GRIT" channel in Harrisburg, PA?

Apologies. We no longer have the necessary rights and agreements in place to offer this channel in this area.  

Below was included on the most recent cable invoice:

Channel Change Information: On April 12, 2016, WLYN Grit will no longer be available.

View answer in context
Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Get TV , Grit TV

When is Comcast going to pick up Get TV and Grit TV?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Get TV , Grit TV

We have Grit in the Boston area.

Silver Problem Solver

GetTV and Grit are BROADCAST networks. You need a local broadcast affiliate to carry it, then that channel needs an agreement with Comcast to carry it.

Check out the web sites of the various channels to see if there are any local stations.

http://get.tv/

http://www.grittv.com/

Regular Visitor

GRIT Channel 250

why is channel 250 'GRIT'  being removed from Hershey -Palmyra TV area.

We would very much  like it to remain, if possible.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: GRIT Channel 250

Grit TV is a broadcast network carried by one of your local TV stations. It sounds like they have dropped or are dropping it. Comcast just passes on what they carry, depending on any agreement with that station.

New Poster

Missing GRIT

Official Employee

21MTR wrote:

Apologies. We no longer have the necessary rights and agreements in place to offer this channel in this area.  

Channel Change Information: On April 12, 2016, WLYN Grit will no longer be available.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

glasstree wrote:

why is channel 250 'GRIT'  being removed from Hershey -Palmyra TV area.

We would very much  like it to remain, if possible.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Grit vanished from Comcast here in Gettysburg!  Where did it go?

New Poster

That's so funny because it's like the only channel worth watching on the basic package.  It figures.

New Poster

I agree. If Grit doesn't return in the near future I'll be ready to go back to Dish! Comcast just upped the fee for local TV then they drop one of our favorites.

New Poster

Grit channel

Was so nice of comcast to drop a channel,Grit,and not inform us. As usual we get the short end. Still paying high cable prices and getting less!

Problem Solver

Hello NGFS66,

I understand that you are concerned about GRIT being removed from your channel line-up. I apologize that you were not aware of this change. Comcast did send out notification of this change on your billing statement dated 03/11/16 that this channel will no longer be available as of 04/12/16. You can see this notice under the News from Comcast section on the first page of your statement. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Re: Grit channel

metriggerman wrote:

Was so nice of comcast to drop a channel,Grit,and not inform us. As usual we get the short end. Still paying high cable prices and getting less!

Apologies. We no longer have the necessary rights and agreements in place to offer this channel in this area. In reviewing your account, I do see a message regarding this on your cable invoice dated February 14th.

Channel Change Information: On April 12, 2016, WLYN Grit will no longer be available. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

That's fine but i never look at the bill! I pay online.You don't have a problem emailing me when I 'm a little late with your money,why can't you email news like when you're dropping channels? Looks like I'm not the only one.

Frequent Visitor

So are plans in place to get the necessary rights and agreements in place to put the channel back on comcast. The channel exists over the air and was on comcast eariler this year before ownership change. What are rules for carriage? This is a local full power station from Lancaster serving Harrisburg Pa area.

Official Employee

metriggerman wrote:

That's fine but i never look at the bill! I pay online.You don't have a problem emailing me when I 'm a little late with your money,why can't you email news like when you're dropping channels? Looks like I'm not the only one.

Apologies. You can access your current statement and the last 12 months of statements online at anytime. Below link shows how to do that: 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/billing/viewing-your-bill-online-ecobill/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Now that Grit was taken away from me, I'm using Netflix more. Makes me wonder why I have Comcast at all.
New Poster

I don't care that you told us, the point is that you took Grit away. Doesn't matter if you told us or not. We have no recourse. So, enjoy Netflix, folks! Drop Comcast.
New Poster

We noticed the other night it was gone, but I swear I saw listings for it last week.

Frequent Visitor

HORSE COOKIES ! GRIT TV still exists in this broadcast area. Saw it in O.T.A. this weekend. Comcast had a reason for dropping it. What is it ?
Gold Problem Solver

metriggerman wrote: ... i never look at the bill! I pay online. ...

Paying your Comcast bill without checking it first can be hazardous to your financial health.

Official Employee

mitchr292 wrote:
HORSE COOKIES ! GRIT TV still exists in this broadcast area. Saw it in O.T.A. this weekend. Comcast had a reason for dropping it. What is it ?

Apologies. There was a recent change of ownership for this TV station. We currently do not have the necessary rights, permissions and agreements in place to offer this channel in this area.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Sports Entertainment Package for Fairfield, Ca.

I recently added the Entertainment Sports Package to my programming. In Fairfield, Ca., what channels does that package include? Also, are all those channels available to me in HD. For example, since adding the package I now get the Big 10 Network, but in SD only. There are a few sports channels I assumed I would be getting, but am not. Hence, I would like to see a list of what I should be getting by purchasing this package. Thank you.

New Poster

grit

what happening to Grit tv in the Seattle area? ch 327

Regular Visitor

Re: grit

That's what I would like to know as well.

Regular Visitor

What happened to grit channel 327

What happened to Grit TV - channel 327?

Silver Problem Solver

Grit TV is a broadcast network. It looks like it may have been dropped as their own web site doesn't show anything for Seattle:

http://www.grittv.com/find-us/#seattle_wa

On Wikipedia, it shows it is (or was) on KOMO. On the page for KOMO-TV on Wikipedia, it looks like was changed to a network named "Charge!".

Comcast just passes broadcast channels as-is, so you would need to talk to KOMO why it was dropped.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What happened to grit channel 327

New Poster

I want my GRIT channel back!!

New Poster

grit tv

were's grit tv now in springfield il cable

Regular Visitor

VERY TRUE

Official Employee

Re: what happened to GRIT TV on Comcast March 2017

On February 28, 2017, WPGH (FOX Pittsburgh) replaced Grit with ChargeTV.

WPGH

750 Ivory Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Grit Channell

Where did the Grit Channel go it dissappeared Feb 28 2017

Regular Visitor

How can we get Grit channel back. The replaced channel is awful.
Silver Problem Solver

warner114 wrote:
How can we get Grit channel back. The replaced channel is awful.

You will have to talk to your local TV stations to see if any will carry it. Comcast cannot do anything as Grit is a broadcast channel, not cable.

New Poster

How many more channels will we lose this year? Plus it said Grit would be taken off in April. It's only March. 

Frequent Visitor

GritTV got pulled on some channels because said channels are either owned by or affiliated (by a local marketing agreement) with Sinclair Broadcast Group ...

Sinclair recently launched Charge! channel as well as TBD channel (Yes, it really is called "TBD") as over-the-air digital subchannels ...

Sinclair wanted their new channels to be on the digital subchannels of the TV stations that they own or have an LMA with, GritTV got dumped ...

IF your local station is on this list, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_owned_or_operated_by_Sinclair_Broadcast_Group ... then this will explain why you lost GritTV ... 

This list shows which Sinclair stations have dumped GritTV and which will dump it in the future to air Charge! network ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Charge!_affiliates

For once, this is NOT Comcast's fault ... It's Sinclair's fault ... Contact your other local channels to see if they'll add GritTV to their digital subchannel lineup ... 

New Poster

where is grit in morgantown west virginia this is the only channel i watched you need to get an agreement with this channel what a shame the stuff you have given us to watch not worth the money take off the best channel and put on this channel that has nothing worth watching

Official Employee
Moved: