Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

encore channels

Regular Visitor

encore channels

All my encore channels are gone and have been replaced by starz. Why?

Official Employee

Re: encore channels

Emmanuel wrote:

All my encore channels are gone and have been replaced by starz. Why?

You'll notice they're called StarzEncore now. Starz (the parent company) renamed the Encore channels, all programming remains the same.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

We have the Digital Preferred and Starz - Yesterday we had Encore Westerns, today it comes up titled as StarzEncore but no show.  What's the deal?

New Poster

Programming is not the same if the shows don't come on!

New Poster

The previous Encore is a part of STARZ, takes a bit more patience. Go to STARZ, select MOVIES, on next screen-move to page 2-select WESTERNS, the movies to watch. For TV shows (Gunsmoke....) select SERIES, next page select CLASSIC TV and there they are.      Irritating compared to old Encore though.

New Poster

Where did the Encore stations move to?

I use to have the encore channels which started at aroung 515 and I don't have those any longer - can you tell me where they have moved to?

New Poster

I was receiving the Encore channels as well, but with the recent change to StarzEncore, it now says I have to subscribe to get it.  What gives?  I mean, I was paying for Encore before, so now I lose those channels because of a consolidation?

Problem Solver

Hello jw561,

You'll notice they're called StarzEncore now. Starz (the parent company) renamed the Encore channels, all programming remains the same. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Hello williamdigman,

Since Encore is part of your package those channels should not change. You will find those channels located in your area as follows:

630 StarzEncore

634 StarzEncore Family

635 StarzEncore Action

637 StarzEncore Black

639 StarzEncore Classic

641 StarzEncore Suspense

643 StarzEncore Westerns

These are all the channels that are included in your package and were originally "Encore" channels. Additionally, you will find all the OnDemand content for these channels in the Starz section of OnDemand. If the programing is listed as StarzEncore it is available to you, if it is listed as Starz only if is not part of your package. If you are not able to access these channels, they are still not showing up correctly, or you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I have Digital prefered, Encore is included in that package but now Starz is not. THe cable price keeps going up and now channeles are removed!

Very unhappy.

Silver Problem Solver

Starz was never part of Digital Preferred. It has always been a separate premimum channel, or part of certain higher packages that include the premiums.

Regular Visitor

No, I never had stars and don't want it but the channel #'s that were Encore are now Stars and are subsccription and I have looked at all my channels and there is no Starz Encore to be found. :-(

Regular Visitor

ComcastAshley where would these channels be for my area?

630 StarzEncore

634 StarzEncore Family

635 StarzEncore Action

637 StarzEncore Black

639 StarzEncore Classic

641 StarzEncore Suspense

643 StarzEncore Westerns

New Poster

I hate that now that it's hard to differentiate between Starz and Encore channels. I don't subscribe to Starz but have Encore. I don't pay attention to the identifying letters at the end or channel numbers. Used to be if it started with enc, I could watch it, if stz I could not. I wish you would just leave it alone. I suspect that eventually that it's going to cost more. Your prices go up all the time and I'm about ready to give it up. Expensive and a pain to watch.

Cable Expert

Skeeten wrote:

I hate that now that it's hard to differentiate between Starz and Encore channels. I don't subscribe to Starz but have Encore. I don't pay attention to the identifying letters at the end or channel numbers. Used to be if it started with enc, I could watch it, if stz I could not. I wish you would just leave it alone. I suspect that eventually that it's going to cost more. Your prices go up all the time and I'm about ready to give it up. Expensive and a pain to watch.

This is not a Comcast decision, you should voice your concerns to Starz.  There's a link on this page to email them.

http://starz.mediaroom.com

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I agree price keeps going up and getting less for our money. Makes you want to read a book or give up on cable completely.

New Poster

My Encore channels disappeared and they do not show up  (as STARZEncore)  in the 600 ramge as suggested in this forum. They do not show up on any channel at all. I have had Encore as part of my package for years. Now I do not.

I did check and yes I can go around my elbow to find my nose by using on-demand but this is an inconvenience, not a convenience.

Problem Solver

Hello Vetsoccerfan,

I will be happy to assist. STARZ ENCORE is located in your local channel lineup on channel 517 in SD and 856 in HD. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 14 in conversation