YES Network

ANSWERED
New Poster

cable tv

would like to know when and if yes network is returning

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: YES Network CT?

Post removed for masking profanity in violation of Forum Guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

Re: YES Network

MLB Extra Innings won't get you the Yankee games if you are in the local market.  They will be blacked out.

Contributor

Comaster broke your contract when they dropped yes without notice. I have already checked into that
Frequent Visitor

YES NETWORK AND THE NY YANKEES

We pay plenty for Comcast monthly and demand that you settle with YES so we can watch the Yankees.  We pay a monthly sports fee now and this is not acceptable. GET IT DONE!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Yes network

Going to Direct TV if this isn't settled by April 1.  MLB isn't going to work unless I set up a VPN as a work around.  Pathetic!  Think about Comcast getting average $200/mo from all of us and they could care less about our satisfaction.  Called MONOPOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately I don't see going to YES Network to complain will work, we all want the channel and there are other supplier options (Frontier, Dish, Direct, etc) so no real reason for them to give in to Comcast/Xfinity.

New Poster

YES Network

Can someone explain why we are still paying fir the YES network, when it was deleted from the bundle back in November.  Just got off the phone with a Comcast agent and I was told that there is no credit available.  How is that possible, when I got the original package it included the YES Network.

Frequent Visitor

The motivation for YES to negotiate is that same as for Comcast.  YES want to make money from cable fees.  Comcast wants to keep making money from billings.

Contributor

YES said this wasn't about money becasue Comcast paid the new fees for much of 2015 until they decided not to anymore. My guess and it is only a guess on my part is Comcast saw that it was getting close to the end of the year and their bottom line was not what they expected it to be so they needed a quick fix and the easiest way to do that was to drop the most expensive channel they have other than ESPN.And then keep all the money that we are paying them to carry YES. Plus still raise their rates. They have hurt us in every way possible. 

And contacting YES will do no good becasue one of the chief executives there already has suggested that Comcast customers choose another TV provider. 

Yes this is all about money becasue all disputes like this are.

And I just love it when Comcast tried to tell us they didn't know so few people watched the Yankees games until November. Really? I find it hard to believe less people watched the Yankees games in 2015 than in prior seasons. And how about the Red Sox? How many people watched their games? Remember the Red Sox have been a last place team three out of the past four years even though the year they weren't 2013 they won the World Series. I also read one of the reasons they did not renew Don Orsillo's contract was poor ratings on the games. But Orsillo didn't suddenly become a bad announcer. But logic tells you that when a team is bad less people will watch the games. You can still be a fan but when the team is bad don't feel a need to watch every single game.  

Regular Contributor

Just called Comcast and demanded a refund for the $4.89 each month the company has been keeping without providing the YES Network. They refused, so I have written the Attorney General's office in my state asking them to get involved with a refund for all the money Comcast has been keeping without providng the service. Send an email to the AG office in whatever state you live. Accoridng to my research, Comcast is keeping close to $4 million a month without paying YES. Forcing the company to refund $16 million and counting to start with is a good step.

New Poster

Use this link to give Tom a piece of your mind about yes network.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form
Regular Contributor

Calling or writing someone at Comcast is obviously a waste of my time. I'm not even a Yankees' fan. I like the mets, but I'll watch the Yankees when the Mets aren't on and I do like watching the Nets. My point is I am not getting a service, stop charging me for it.

Contributor

Where do you live? I live in CT and wrote to the AG office in January about everything going on with Comcast but have yet to receive a response and as the days pass I would say my chances of getting one are becoming less and less. Everybody needs to do the same. They need to know there is a very serious problem with Comcast and their business practices. They not only removed YES from out channel lineup but did so without any prior notice but they continue to bill us for it. Something is very wrong with this picture. This company and their business practices need to be investigated. Comcast by what they are doing is getting their cake and eating it too.And good luck to anybody who is under contract and wants to cancel their service but refuses to pay termination fees. In my opinion they will insist you pay them. Just look at the contract. It is written in there. But the issue is they made changes to the program lineup. So if they have the right to make program changes we should have the right to leave without penalty even though we are under contract. That is only fair.  I made sure I mentioned that in my letter. And I wouldn't dare call Comcast and try ro cancel. Because I know what their reaction would be. They would tell me I have to pay termination fees and then I will completely blow up. I am a very nice person but I can get mean when I feel somebody is lying and being deceitful to me. I have no intention of paying termination fees because I would never have agreed to a contract without the YES network in October 2014.           

Regular Contributor

I live in Connecticut as well. and I plan on following up my email with a phone call next week. According to my figures, Comcast is pocketing close to $5 million a month in YES Network fees they charge us but are not passing on to YES. That's close to $20 million already. It may be chicken feed to a large company like that, but it's the principle. Like I told the Connecticut AG, I don't go into a local store, plop $5 on the counter and leave with nothing.

Contributor

I wrote but if I get a reply I expect it to be the same canned reply other people have received from Tom K's office. 

Regular Contributor

That's why I'm not going to bother. I'll let the Connecticut AG demand refunds for us. Once Comcast has to pay out $$$ they'll fix their problem really quickly.

New Poster

YES network

I am very upset that Comcast has not been able to resolve the issues with the YES network.  I have been a Comcast customer from the beginning and a Yankee fan forever. Although I was contacted numerous times by Fios I remained a Comcast customer. Now I find myself looking into FIOS so that I will have the YES network which I watch most of the time .

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: YES network

New Poster

yes

is there a plan to re-instate the YES network?

New Poster

TV

We live in a community that has a baseball team that is a Yankee farm club.  My question is will you be trying to return YES network to your TV lineup?  I am very upset that I will not be watching the New York Yankee games because you could or would not come to an agreement on a new contract.  I am retired and I have been a New York Yankee fan all my life.  When I moved here I was overjoyed knowing I could watch my favorite baseball team.  Now I am unhappy!!!

New Poster

What is the status of restoring yes network???

When is yes going to be restored?

New Poster

Yes network

When is it coming back?

New Poster

Yes network

when is it coming back?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What is the status of restoring yes network???

"Unfortunately, Comcast subscribers will not be able to watch the Yankees on YES this season because Comcast dropped YES in November," a YES Network spokesman said in a statement. "There are no indications that Comcast will return YES to its lineup."

Silver Problem Solver

Re: TV

"Unfortunately, Comcast subscribers will not be able to watch the Yankees on YES this season because Comcast dropped YES in November," a YES Network spokesman said in a statement. "There are no indications that Comcast will return YES to its lineup."

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Yes network

New Poster

My husband and i switched to Comcast last year.  We need BOTH NESN and YES in our household.  We would not have switched (from Frontier) if they did not have both channels.  If this is not resolved, we will have to switch AGAIN.  we thought Comcast was doing more to be more customer friendly - they had gotten such a bad rap over the years, but Frontier had so many issues, we thought we would try Comcast again.  This is VERY disappointing.  I think comcast will lose more money than it will save by not carrying YES.

Contributor

COMCAST is not "customer friendly" . They claim that they are. But that simply is not true.  $$$$$

New Poster

I agree.  I will be switching to direct tv in June

New Poster

Definitely switching to Fios if this is not resolved by the start of the season.
Frequent Visitor

Get YES network back

If you would like to be watching Yankee baseball this spring, I strongly urge you to follow this link and on the bottom of the page click on Tom's letter. He is Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast. let him know how you feel. I did already he needs to hear it from all of us!

http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us

New Poster

YES PROGRAMMING

I can't believe Comcast will no longer carry YES Programming. Who's the genius that made this decision? I live in the NY/NJ area, and won't be able to get Yankee games and the rest of the Yankee programming (except for a few games on other stations) for the whole year?  I've been looking forward to the baseball season, and there is no way I'm going to pay what I'm paying for cable, and sit around all summer without watching my team. I will switch to Dish or Verizon if I have to.

If that's not enough, they dumped H2 channel, one of the best channels they had! 

New Poster

YES CHANNEL

WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I PAY MONTHLY FOR THE "TRIPLE", NO YES CHANNEL IS ONE MORE DISGRUNTLING FACET OF COMCAST/INFINITY'S INABILITY TO PLEASE THEIR CUSTOMERS. MAYBE A COMBINATION OF DIRECT TV, AND VERIZON WILL BE LESS EXPENSIVE AND LESS EXASPERATING. 

New Poster

I have been a Comcast subscriber since I moved here.  I am constantly amazed at how little Comcast seems to care about the people who provide them with the profits they crave.  How about doing something entirely different and showing your subscribers that you actual care about customer service.  YES is not going to ruin your bottom line even a little, yet you seem determined to turn your back on the customers paying into that bottom line.  How about some real customer service - bring back YES!!!!!

New Poster

Yes Network

OK Comcast, baseball season is here.  You need to get the YES Network back or I will be leaving for another service.  I cannot go all season without watching the Yankees so it's time to act quick or a lot of Yankee fans will be leaving.  Whatever the issue is it I'm sure you can resolve it without making your customers go through the inconvenience of swiching providers.

New Poster

Contributor

Did it a few days ago.

New Poster

Already signed petition smithny.

New Poster

It is outrageous that Comcast charges us over $200 a month and does not carry the YES Network!  Time to box cot!

Contributor

Comcast, you're running out of time. One way or the other I'm watching the Yankees on opening day. If not on comcast I am switching to direct tv and I won't be back. I hope every other Yankees fan does the same thing.
Valued Contributor

Re: YES PROGRAMMING

Comcast did not dump H2. H2 no longer exists.

Contributor

Re: YES PROGRAMMING

What was H2? I have no clue. I mainly watch sports so I don't even know if I had it or not. I might have a lot of channels on my TV but watch very few. And they take away my number 1 channel. And it is number 1 going away.

Contributor

Walshdad you are under contract aren't you? If so what will you do if they insist on paying termination fees for breaking your contract? I question that the contract is legal but that is another matter. And some more food for thought.Do you remember a few years ago there was a dispute between YES and Direct TV that almost took YES off right before opening day? Not sure of the year but it might have been 2011 or 2012. But they reached a last minute settlement  so YES never left Direct TV. I remember seeing ads about it on YES.Generally I think most carriage agreements are for a good number of years. Maybe 6 or 7. I wonder when the YES contract with Direct TV expires. My guess is within the next year or two. Then what happens if Direct TV drops YES too.That info is not readily available if it is available at all. Did you know that info is available for Comcast online for contracts expiring in the near future? I didn't know that until a month or so ago. The URL is listed on the bill. So then I checked it out and saw something interesting. That SNY for out of market expires in March. Which tells me it won't affect local coverage but if you get Extra Innings and live out of market unless a agreement is reached you will not be able to watch SNY Mets telecasts. If you are a Comcast customer living out of market you would have to watch Mets games with the opposing teams telecasts.      

Contributor

http://my.xfinity.com/learn/programming/

I hope it is OK to post the link for upcoming renewals.I hadn't checked it in a couple of weeks but see now SNY out of market is off the list.  So they must have reached an agreement. 

New Poster

Found the following today..It's YES Network responding to questions. Just copy/paste a couple of the questions/answers:

Q: Are your proposals "unreasonable?"

A: No. YES Network's proposals are not only reasonable, they are in line with agreements already secured with other major pay-TV providers within the marketplace. In fact, last spring Comcast agreed to the financial terms of a new deal and had been paying on those terms throughout the entire Yankees season and early Nets season prior to dropping the channel on November 18. THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY. Comcast already agreed to pay the market rate. This is about a company that wants to eliminate all competition by receiving all the benefits of a contract without respecting any of the obligations.

Q: Comcast says that viewership of the Yankees on YES and viewership of YES in general is low. True?

A: False. Whatever claims they are making are not consistent with ratings measurements from Nielsen. YES has been more popular than any other RSN in the country, including Comcast's, for 11 of the past 12 years. Its Yankees telecasts are often some of the most popular programming in the New York area. In fact, the Yankees on YES has been the most-watched RSN MLB programming in each of the past 10 years.

I will post others...Who's telling the truth?

Contributor

I see that Root Sports in on the list of Comcast contracts expiring in March. They carry the games of the Mariners, Rockies and Pirates. I wonder if Comcast subscribers in those areas will lose access to their teams' games like we have lost ours.

Contributor

In any kind of dispute each side will try and put all the blame on the other one. But seldom is 100% of the blame one side's fault. Comcast is going to put all the blame on YES and YES is going to put all the blame on Comcast. This is also true in labor disputes. It is always the other side's fault. That is why contacting either side is an exercise in futility because they will put all the blame on the other side. I wonder if this dispute has affected the money YES gets for advertising. Advertisers pay according to potential viewers and now there are 900,000 less than before. And has anybody noticed that YES appears to be carrying fewer spring training games this year than in past seasons? It makes me wonder if the YES Comcast dispute and maybe less advertising revenue has something to do with it.     

Contributor

My contract with comcast expires in October 2016,but I have told them that they broke my contract when they dropped Yes. I signed up for the sports programs and they were well aware of that.
They can fight me if they want but I have other options if they can't settle this dispute with the YES network. As far as I'm concerned they reneged on their agreement. Try calling and getting answers, almost impossible. Their customer service is a joke.
Contributor

I blame both sides. I live 5 minutes from the Yankees AAA stadium so I will spend my summer watching games where they still care about the fans,and players aren't making disgusting amounts of money. Screw comcast and yes