online now

discussions

YES Network

SOLVED
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 300 of 816

Walshdad wrote:
I too am under contract until October 2016 but as I told comcast, as far as I'm concerned, they broke the contract and I will leave before opening day if yes is not restored. I started this forum and I'm glad that everyone is as disgusted as I am.
Comcast has to be one of the worst companies to deal with. They don't care about anything but profits.

From the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services #4:

[Comcast didn't break any contract]

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES
Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), XFINITY Equipment and rates or charges, at any time with or without notice. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, customer equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. If we do give you notice, it may be provided on your monthly bill, as a bill insert, e-mail, in a newspaper or other communication permitted under applicable law. If you find a change in the Service(s) unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your Service(s). However, if you continue to receive Service(s) after the change, this will constitute your acceptance of the change.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 301 of 816

Not sure if we have many options if people under contract can't cancel our service because we don't want to pay termination fees. The only other thing I can think of other than politicians or the AG's office getting involved would be a class action suit. But I know nothing about those kind of things because I am not an attorney. I wouldn't know where to begin. But Comcast does not care about its customers and proves it over and over. And I will go nuts if I hear them say again they want to protect people who don't watch YES which according to them is about 90% of their customers. Because nobody is getting their bill reduced. And then they have the audacity to announce rate increases a few weeks after dropping YES.

We keep paying more and getting less. Comcast cares about nothing other than fattening their pockets. And if and when I cancel everything goes. Not just the TV. Even though my biggest issue is with the TV service. I also am not crazy about their Internet. I am not getting the speeds they advertise even after buying a new computer last year. And their e-mail is terrible too and unusable by me.

They are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with. Most companies will give the impression they care about their customers. At least a little bit. But this company is beyond bad. How many times has anybody called about a problem with their service and were told after the problem couldn't be troubleshooted that they would have to wait 4 or 5 days for a tech to come out which in my mind is completely unacceptable. But what you do then is ask to speak to a supervisor and then someone will come out within two days. But getting them to do anything is like pulling teeth.  Transferring my service when I moved was an absolute nightmare. It couldn't have gone worse. They remind me of big bullies who act like nobody can do anything to them. They don't provide good customer service because they don't have to. People generally only have one choice if they are looking for a cable provider. Their competition would be telephone providers who also offer TV service and satellite TV. But some people can't get satellite TV for one reason or another. So there are people who are stuck with Comcast for better or worse and I would say definitely worse.       

Posted by
Contributor

Message 302 of 816

I knew there was a clause like that in the contract but it sounds illegal to me. I wonder if anybody ever challenged the contract. Yes anybody can cancel service but it doesn't say anything about termination fees. And notifying people by newspaper or e-mail means nothing becasue a lot of people don't read newspapers and there are some people especially elderly people who don't have a computer or e-mail. I would think the only way to properly notify customers of changes would be to include something with the bill or send letters to the customers by postal mail. I am not an attorney and don't pretend to be one but this doesn't look right. If anything it shows that Comcast doesn't care one bit about its customers. If they were a different kind of business other than a telecommunication company they would be out of business because they could not get away with things they get away with. Their business practices at worst are illegal. At best they are unethical or questionable.Most companies wouldn't be in business for very long if they did the things Comcast does.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 303 of 816

JUST "discovered" about the YES discontinuance today!!!

Don't recall any advance notice, or dollar credit, or apology--just the cold reality of them making a "business decision " based on a numbers game.

Now I have to scramble to see what other options I have.

I'm infuriated at the treatment here!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 304 of 816

I know somebody who has Direct TV for TV and Frontier for phone and Internet and has had issues with both of them. But at least they both offer YES.And one of the biggest complaints about satellite TV in general is it often goes out when there is a storm. Cable is probably more dependable when you have bad weather.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 305 of 816

I bet there are people who don't know YES is gone from Comcast  and may not realize it until tomorrow when they look for the first spring training game on TV and it is not there. A lot of Yankees fans don't watch YES at all when baseball season is over. Watching the Brooklyn Nets does not exactly excite many people. Unless you listen to WFAN or spend time on the Internet you might not know YES is gone from Comcast. It got almost no media attention in CT. I saw nothing in the newspaper and of course Comcast didn't have the decency to inform their customers. Even though they may have not had to it would have been the proper thing to do. Comcast and good customer service don't exactly go hand in hand.   

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 306 of 816

i don't know about Frontier, but my friends with Direct TV are very happy with both the tv and customer service.  Comcast took away my favorite channel without notice and my bill goes up every month.  i'm done

Posted by
New Poster

Message 307 of 816

I am a hugh Yankee fan and it is unfair for me to have to miss the games. 

I pay a premium price for my service and myself anfd about 20 friends have decided that

we will go to Direct tv if this is not settled by opening day.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 308 of 816

I'm really upset that the YES Network has been removed from my system.  I pay for it, and it was removed with no notice and no replacement channel.  I'm a big Yankees fan and look forward to seeing their games on YES.  How can I put some pressure on Comcast to settle a contract with YES?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 309 of 816

I hear you...they did break a contract with you! I purchased my package too because it included Yes! Otherwise I never would have picked comcast!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 310 of 816

Couldn't agree more! I was all set to buy MLB through my new FireStick only to find out I'm blacked out! How does that make any sense! I'm 2 hours from NYC and my cable company doesn't offer the game? MLB is part of the problem here.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 311 of 816
Just spoke to two Comcast customer service representatives.
One told me Comcast will not be
Offering YES. The other said Yes
Would be available in some areas. But not in Old Lyme!
Really?? Be nice if Comcast would
Just tell us the truth and then we can make an informed decision!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 312 of 816

Placed a call to Comcast Customer Service. This one was in Enfield, CT. Left a message on Monday and received a call back on Tuesday. Very nice rep, he said they've had over 50 calls in the past week pertaining to the Yes Network as their number was posted on the forum.

He is also a big Yankee fan and will miss the Yes Network. I was told that the comments posted here are passed on to the people who make the decisions. He did ask is we also let The Yes Network know how we feel.  I have, but not sure of others. It is much harder to contact Yes in a forum. Sending email better way I think.

He thinks it will go down to the wire as it did with the NFL years ago. I don't remember this. Just as many of you that have contacted Comcast, you can not get a direct answer because they do not really know or are told what to say. I do hope the really read what we all have to say.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 313 of 816
That's why comcast won't give you a straight answer. They think that everyone will just wait for something to happen. I have already contacted direct tv and I give comcast 2 weeks and then I am gone with my $235 monthly payment. Screw comcast. They are not even decent enough to keep us updated.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 314 of 816

Calling them is a complete waste of time as far as I am concerned. If you call 10 people you will probably get 10 different answers. Noithing anybody tells you has any creditbility. CSRs at least most of them don't know anything and sometimes they might tell you what they think you want to hear to get you off the phone.All that I have read is they are really no closer to an agreement now than they were when Comcast dropped YES on November 18. I have read nothing that gives us any hope that YES will be returning anytime soon if it returns at all. Or even if any negotiating is going on at this time. And as for getting any answers from them I would have a better chance of getting them from my cat. YES being not on in Old Lyme but in other parts of CT doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But anything is possible becasue they offer MSG on some of their CT systems but not on others. I would want MSG to be able to watch the Knicks but they don't make it available in Central CT. For a couple of years we got a number of Knicks and Rangers games on an alternate channel but from what I read MSG wouldn't agree to that anymore and that if they wanted to continue to carry Knicks and Rangers games Comcast would have to make MSG a full time channel which they have refused to do. We haven't had MSG as a full time station here since they stopped carrying Yankees games after the 2001 season. The YES network began operation in March 2002.

And has anybody else here who lives in CT contacted the AG's office? That may be the way to go. Calling Comcast will likely do nothing but make me more upset than I already am. I am a much better writer than talker and I brought up a lot of issues about Comcast in the e-mail I sent them. Issues going back 18 months when I moved and tried to get my services transferred. And how I was almost forced to agree to a contract because they claimed they couldn't just transfer the package I had. And even though I was paying less than I was before I wound up accepting srrvices I really didn't want or need. And yes I could cancel now but there is the matter of the termination fees which I don't think I should have to pay. If they have the right to change my package especially when doing it without prior notice I think I should have the right to cancel without paying any termination fees. And I didn't even want the package I have in the first place. So that is why I am in a holding pattern now. I really don't want to fight with them about the termination fees becasue if they give me a hard time I am afraid I may really lose it. And if I don't pay them the termination fees I am afraid they will not cancel my account and will continue to bill me for services. And I don't have the money to hire a attorney to try to fight this.That is why I wrote to the AG's office asking for their assistance. Plus I brought up all the issues involving Comcast and YES. Dropping it without any prior notification, including it on a channel lineup mailed to customers when it was dropped several weeks earlier and continuing to bill us for it even though it has been gone for about 3 1/2 months now. I have thought about deducting 5.00 a month from my bill becasue I am paying for something I am no longer getting but really don't want to open up another can of worms. Yes we have contracts with them but if a contract is illegal it isn't a contract         .     

Posted by
Contributor

Message 315 of 816

Any package I agreed to had to include both YES and MLB network. But to get that they told me I had to agree to Starz and a DVR neither which I wanted or needed. My roommate may watch Starz occasionally but I have not watched it once in 1 1/2 years. And I have never used the DVR. I am throwing money away on things I don't want and the channels I want they aren't giving me. Maybe I am as stupid as they are.It would be like going to the grocery store to buy milk and they told me they won't sell it to me unless I buy bread too.   I went for the deal because in effect I wasn't paying for Starz and the DVR. But now I am in spot where I can cancel but it may cost me money to do so and I don't think I should have to pay them one cent. The lesson learned here is seldom are things free even if you think they are. I pay about 200.00 a month for my Triple Play with the discount and this package full price will probably cost about 235.00 a month.      

Posted by
Contributor

Message 316 of 816

There may be ways to bypass the blackouts. And as for MLB they are protecting their members which are all 30 major league teams. Some people purchase TV service just for sports and if you could stream the games on your computer they would drop TV service. So the TV providers and regional sports networks would suffer.And if they suffer the MLB teams will as well. But we are held hostage when we neither can watch the games through our TV provider or on MLB TV.

I really like MLB TV. I have had it since 2010 and this year the price has gone down by 20.00.  But the blackout rules are stupid. They are antiquated and no longer serve any purpose. I don't know how old you are but from what I can recall I think they were set up many years ago to protect attendance at games. And way back some teams didn't televise any home games on local TV becasue they thought it would hurt attendance.And every game wasn't on TV like it is now. Depending on the team and market some teams televised very few games.But it makes no sense to deprive Yankees fans who are Comcast customers from watching their team's games. Comcast either needs to reach an agreement with YES or MLB should lift the blackouts so MLB TV would be an option. End of story. Yankees fans are being held hostage and it isn't fair.     

Posted by
Contributor

Message 317 of 816

Frankly I am sick and tired too of waiting for something that appears to have little or no chance of happening at least in the near future. You can keep on calling and bugging them but not sure what that will accomplish.Not much if anything has hapened in 3 1/2 months. And with the spring training games beginning tomorrow there is now a sense of urgency with Yankees fans to get something done. And soon. And from Comcast's point of view not keeping their customers updated is good because it may give them false hope. But that can last only so long. Eventually D-Day will be here and people will be forced to take action even if they don't want to. Most people who have written here seem willing to wait anywhere from mid to late March. But if they told us there is little or no chance for an agreement by opening day there would be no reason to wait until then to cancel.Just do it now. It seems that the only way this might be settled is if somebody gets involved. Meaning the AG's office, politicians or Yankees management.     

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 318 of 816

To add insult to injury----You can't even get the Yankee spring game (3/2) on MLB because. Xfinity customer service just told me it is because the game is also being broadcast on YES.

All other major satellite/cable cos seem to be able to get the game.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 319 of 816

I am beginning to agree that we should all contact the AG office and see what they think of this injustice. This is a local team and we are being told we cannot watch our local team. MLB is really only an option if you want the computer;what about my mother who doesn't have a computer? We can get FIOS on our block in NJ and unless this change is made we will be switching. Comcast knows what is going on so I doubt contacting them will matter,but I just may put out an email to the AG office in NJ and see what their response is. Also how about some publicizing on Facebook?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 320 of 816

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the xfinity service at all.  For the last 8 years I've been a customer of Verizon FiOS TV service and I've never had an issue with their service from both a channel availability and system performance perspective.  I've always had access to channels that I've subscribed for in the course of the last 8 years and the hardware / technology has been high quality.

I recently had to change to xfinity because I moved into a new place / new town, and the new town doesn't have FiOS availability just yet.  I chose not to go with satellite TV because I didn't want to deal with service interuption during weather conditions so I settled on Comcast.

I'll tell you that in the last 6 short months that I've been a customer of Comcast, I've experienced performance problems with poor quality system.  The IPG on my main cable box is non-responsive.  Sometimes it take me up to 5 complete seconds (I know because I've counted) from when I hit a channel change button until the actual time the channel changes.  I've had issues with random DVR recordings being shut off even though I have more than adequate storage on the main DVR.  Just a real bad experience.

NOW... as a Yankee fan the YES Network is not available and might not be available by the time the season starts??  What a horrible experience this has been in the past 6 months.  I can't believe that this is a product that Comcast stands behind and is proud of promoting.  I understand that I'm under a 2 year contract at this point but the moment that either (1) FiOS is available or (2) my contract expires, I'm switching.

I can't believe that we haven't even been notified as Comcast customers that the YES Network was removed.  I just looked through all the Comcast Newletters over the past 4 months and not one indicated this change.  Unbelieveable!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 321 of 816

I post this on any Yankee related info placed on Facebook. Starting to get a few likes so far. Let me know what you think?

"Thousands of fans will not be able to watch all the Yankee games this year because the YES Network and Comcast can not come to terms that satisfies both. Maybe the Steinbrenner Family can help as part owners of theYES Network. The Fans have been there for the Yankees for many years now it's pay back time for the FANS!!"

Posted by
New Poster

Message 322 of 816

Where did Yes Network go.It was on channel 844. We were in Florida for part of the winter and upon returning ,found it is no longer available .Since this Yankee network,I hope it's only temporary and will be returned by the 2016 baseball season.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 323 of 816

OK - Gave you three months to get YES back and you failed. BY its not by 3/10 I'm switching and so our both my sons to FRONTIER. Plus Frontier is cheaper and has wireless boxes. If anyone else wants to watch NYY please let Comcast know,

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 324 of 816

Thank you for the suggestion! I just posted on the Yankees official Facebook page!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 325 of 816

I wrote a very long e-mail to the CT AG's office in mid January and haven't yet received a response. And I made sure I included my name and postal address in the e-mail as well. I brought to their attention the many issues I have dealt with as far as Comcast goes in the past 17 months since I moved and they would not transfer the package I had with them from my old apartment to the new one so I had to get a different package but to get it at an acceptable price I had to agree to contract my services which I didn't really want to do even though on the surface it looked like a very good deal. I know now that was the biggest mistake in my life.And for a reason I still don't understand even though I was a long time customer they made me get a new account number after I moved and that caused a lot of problems because for a couple of months there were two accounts and they claimed I owed money on each one even though I didn't. The two accounts were supposed to be merged and it never happened and one of my payments showed up and then it disappeared. What a mess. It took a long time for them to straighten it out. And it was supposed to happen by a certain date and didn't so I had to contact them again. I can't even tell you how many chats and phone calls I had to do with these people to get everything fixed. And it was 100% their fault because they had this brilliant idea to give me a new account number.I rememeber asking them why I need a new account number and their explanation whatever it was made no sense. Something like they have to do it when somebody moves and transfer their service. Then why could I keep the same account number with the electric company after I moved? Everybody who works at Comcast they are all idiots.    

Posted by
Contributor

Message 326 of 816

I got this reply from a COMCAST rep this afternoon :

"My name is Andrea with the Office of Tom Karinshak. I understand you are upset we no longer carry the YES Network. However, FOX and the Yankees are asking all of our customers who receive the channel to pay them hundreds of millions of dollars over the next several years to continue receiving YES network. The price FOX and the Yankees are requiring from our customers is not acceptable. YES simply does not give our customers a good value for the price they are asking. I do apologize for this inconvenience I too as a baseball fan would be upset. "

Good-by Comcast !

Posted by
Contributor

Message 327 of 816
I pay over 225 per month for hundreds of channels that I don't watch. You tell me what is more unreasonable. I will be leaving comcast before the end of the month.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 328 of 816
Goodby Comcast. Hello Fios.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 329 of 816

Amazing how Comcast's replies make it look like they actually care about their customers. When I called to voice my displeasure their answer was to give me $10 off my next bill. Wow I immediately felt so good about losing the only sports channel I even remotely care about. If you cared about your customers you would have gotten their opinion before suddenly and without warning dropped the channel. Once again I cite the fact that you are cutting a channel in the heart of Yankee fandom.  If our opinion means so much to you why don't you ask us what we want?  I guarantee you will hear that it's time to dump the bs channels and give the customers what they want. Your bill is second only to my mortgage in $$, that is sickening.  

Posted by
New Poster
Message 330 of 816

I hear ya! If YES isnt' back on by the 3rd week of March I'll be switching to Frontier as did a few of my friends did already.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 331 of 816

Here's another reply from another service rep : "

My name is Jason with the Office of Tom Karinshak. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and want to reassure you that I will work my hardest to find a solution.

We have dropped the YES network because FOX and the Yankees are asking all of our customers to pay them hundreds of millions of dollars over the next several years to continue receiving the channel. The price FOX and the Yankees are requiring from our customers is not acceptable given the network’s minimal viewership. Yes network simply does not present an appropriate price-value proposition for our customers.

Thank you for your patience during this matter. We do value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to be your service provider. We appreciate your business and look forward to finding a resolution to this case as soon as possible.

"

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 332 of 816

To Jason in the office of T.Karinshak:

How can Fios offer the Yes network for a fee of only $15 more a month than their regular TV lineup, and big, old Comcast can't?

We are paying a lot of money for channels that we could care less about. Dump the garbage, and add Yes at a small fee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 333 of 816

I have what might be a stupid question: who is Tom Karinshak and why is he hiding behind his employees?

I know that in the past YES has refused to allow the local cable companies to charge extra, and I am pretty certain that YES has their own contributions to this problem, BUT!

Comcast continually reduces service and will not consider reducing rates. They claim that YES is too expensive to carry on basic service. So by not carrying the channel, they must be saving ALOT of money right? Why no reduction in the basic servce rate? Can Tom Karinshak (or wone of his employees) explain that/

Bottom line here: I am not much of a Nets Fan, but I do miss the off season YES programming. I LIKE watching Yankee Classics. The ONLY reason I opted for Comcast instead of DISH was YES network. I am among those who will switch to another service if the issue is not resolved soon.

And stop blaming YES, Tom. Comcast is the service provider. We write the checks to YOU.

It is up to you to fix this for your existing clients

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 334 of 816

The 2016 baseball season is now upon us and there is no resolution in sight between YES & Comcast. We are given patronizing apologies with claims of limited viewership thrown out there hoping somehow they stick and will be believed.

We must attack both of these companies where it hurts - in their pocketbooks.

We have to find out who is advertising on YES, then send letters to several execs in each company informing them that their advertising dollars may not be reaching as many households as they think they are.

Sending it to only one person will result in it ending up in the trash, whereas cc and sending it to several gives the chance of someone making an issue over it.

They may be unaware that Comcast is no longer airing the YES network. This will be cutting into their anticipated viewing audience as Comcast has to be one of the top internet providers in the area. We must also inform Comcast advertisers of the same. A lot of these ads seem targeted to a more local area and population. The loss of YES as an outlet has to have the potential of diminishing the effectiveness of their advertising dollars. This might just wake some people up.

What kinds of contracts do the other internet providers in the area have with YES. When their current contracts are up for renewal, will they also drop YES as being too expensive? Who will be the last one standing airing the YES Network? What will YES do if it is not on any system? If it proves not to be too expensive for the others to air YES, Comcast should then look into why and who their decision makers are.

I have been a Comcast customer since 2000 when we moved to our current area. (Unfortunately, FIOS is not available here) Before then, I was a customer of the company that is now Optimum from the first day cable tv was available in the area. However, I have been a Yankee fan much longer than that. I truly resent the fact that Comcast has chosen to deprive me of one of the only channels that I watch on a regular basis on their system. I am not interested in the countless channels of drivel that are available. Are the only channels they air ones that are available to them for free or a very nominal fee? I am not interested in XBox, I am not interested in talking to my remote, I am not interested in On

Demand, I am not interested in non-English language programming, I am not interested in religious zealot programming, I am not interested in shopping on tv, etc. I realize that some people want these and I respect their wishes. I ask only to be able to view what I was able to view for free 50 years ago, the NY Yankee games. I currently pay almost $200 for TV & Internet and have no premium channels

Posted by
New Poster
Message 335 of 816

Does Comcast have any intentions of doing the right thing by paying subscribers to get the YES network back?

If not, is there a sports package available that carries Yes Network?

If not, I will have to look at alternatives and cancel my contract with Comcast due to breach of contract on Comcast part as that was the channel line up I signed up for.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 336 of 816

Well my response is I do apologize also for you losing customers to carriers who indeed can negotiate with YES

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 337 of 816

We need the YES network back.  Get back to the negotiating table........the blah, blah, blah manufactured line that Comcast is offering to us is not acceptable.

Customers want it.  We pay you for it.  

I am curious...........does anyone from Comcast read all this customer outrage?  or not?

cgigliuto1 wrote:

Well my response is I do apologize also for you losing customers to carriers who indeed can negotiate with YES

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 338 of 816

yes, this seems to be the canned answer that Comcast has decided to ram down our throats.

I pay over $200 per month and watch about 10 of the offered hundreds of channels.  YES network is one of my 10.

I'll be leaving Comcast after 30 years with them over this.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 339 of 816

Not everyone is aware that this forum exists.  I wasn't until a few days ago.
Where are the other customers who are outraged over Comcast dropping the YES network?  Researching our options to switch to Verizon or dish.  I've been with Comcast since the '80s.  I am researching carriers who provide me with the YES network.
Oh..........and the reason we are complaining to Comcast is because our monthly $200 plus checks are written to Comcast.

Again wrote:

Have any of you gotten in touch with 21st Century Fox and Fox Sports to complain about the negotiations?

Just to point out something, if this has affected 900,000 YES/Comcast viewers, where are the other 899,800 people that aren't posting here?  Why aren't they here in droves complaining about Comcast dropping YES?  Everyone seems to believe that the fault is solely on Comcast's back for not coming to a compromise on fees - fees that will ultimately be passed on to the customers in this area, fees that will probably have customers screaming because of price increases?  Granted, there may be a number of people that have called Comcast to complain, but if it's the same people over and over calling, it's not going to do much good.  I think it's rather interesting that the YES Network website doesn't have a "Contact Us" link.  I wonder why that is?  Instead, they provide a link for finding other means [pay] to subscribe to the Network.  I see a lot of hype placing the blame solely on Comcast, however, but almost all of that is generated by YES.

So, I suggest sending emails and letters to the above mentioned begging them to negotiate in good faith with Comcast.  After all, it takes two to Foxtrot [pun intended].

Posted by
New Poster
Message 340 of 816

As a big Yankee fan, I would like to say that I am very upset that Comcast has dropped the YES Network!! You provide us with many channels that I am sure have lower viewership than the YES Network!! I am definitely thinking of changing providers to a company that isn't so greedy and will give their subscribers the channels that they want! 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 341 of 816

Comcast claims that they are keeping FOX . But I no longer trust anything from Comcast . Especially since they're complaining about the 100"s of millions that FOX & YES want to charge over the next few years. (THEY DID INCLUDE FOX IN THEIR CRYING !)

Here's the latest email reply from a service rep :

"It is only the YES network that was dropped,we are keeping FOX. 

Sincerely,

Jason M.

Office of Tom Karinshak "

I thanked them for keeping FOX , but insisted on bringing the YES Network back immediately. AND ...yes,I am looking at satellite tv.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 342 of 816

Will Comcast get the YES Network back before the season begins because if not, im going to Direct TV?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 343 of 816
If I knew that comcast didn't have the YES Network I would of gotten direct tv when I moved to my new house. And still might choose to cancel my TV service to change over to direct tv so I can watch the yankees.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 344 of 816

I'm a longtime Comcast/Xfinity customer and a huge Yankees fan. I'd also like to have YES Network included in my cable package again even as part of the extra Sports and Entertainment package if necessary. We pay extra for a few more sports channels anyway, add YES Network to this.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 345 of 816

I'm also considering changing carrier if YES Network isn't part of the line-up I originally signed up for.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 346 of 816

Very frustrated Yankee fan and entrenched Comcast customer. Just added another DVR bringing my monthly bill to about $300.  One of several that realized there was no YES recently when I tried to tune in yesterday to check out some spring training. After an unsuccessful customer service loop where I never spoke to a live person, I tried chat.  The rep didn't get it, and questioned my concern because I just realized that YES was off the air even though it was dark for over 3 months. I asked for a contact more involved in this situation to express my concerns, and she gave me the 800 number that started my journey 40 minutes prior.

Back to the main point. Comcast continuously mentions "value".  Let customers decide by pricing YES as an a la carte item (and do the same with about 50 other channels that are bundled and rarely watched).  This is beginning to smell like a money grab, force Yankee fans towards the overpriced MLB Extra Innings package. To me, the value of Comcast diminishes significantly without the YES Network in its channel lineup.

That said, I'm cautiously that this will be settled.  If that was not the intention, Comcast would not have left the channel blank for all this time.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 347 of 816

As a life long Yankee fan, I watch 100 games a year . According to XFINITY I am part of the "minimal

viewing audience" that watches these games. I am paying a premium price to watch the programing

that I want to see, not just the innane programing that they deem that majority of the customers want.  I implore the millions of Yankee fans come together  to communicate, and make their disgust known with the cancelling of our right to view the YES channel and let XFINITY know it will hurt them in their wallet.We can not idly by and let Comcast get away with this. They need to know that they will lose a significant portion of their customer base if they ignore our wishes and need to renegotiate with the YES network immediately. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 348 of 816

Just another upset Comcast customer getting ready to make the switch to Direct TV .  The YES network is the most watched channel in our home from March to November. Also, thinking of switching so I can get the NFL ticket which is not available from Comcast. Time is running short. Already missing some spring training games. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 349 of 816

I guess it's only right that we jump all over Comcast for dropping the Yes Network in this forum which I believe was set up by them so we can let them know how we feel.

Most of us have had problems with Comcast and we hear about them. You know what, seldom hear from the people who are well satisfied with the service. I am  one that is very satisfied, but that does'nt mean I am not happy with them over losing YES and I've let them know many times.

I am now letting YES/FOX plus the Steinbrenner family know that they need to step in and help the fans who have supported them all these years and now it time to pay the FANS back. I bet George would have helped!!

Go to The Yes Network and  let them know how you feel and keep letting Comcast know.

One final note...Most have threaten to leave Comcast because of this but I wonder what the other cable guys will do when FOX wants so much money next time their contract is up? Take it away from us again???