New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

YES Network

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Re: YES Network

May I make a suggestion to everyone. Make it clear to Comcast that YOU will "freeze" your account. NO MORE "pay per viewing" ANYTHING!!! NO EXTRA $$$$$ to Comcast. My Comcast security is up in June, and I WILL NOT renew.
Stuck with you till I move. BUT you will NOT get an extra pennie out of me till my YES is back.
Comcast's "explanation" makes NO sense. NO one else Droped YES! Comcast is lying.

Service Expert

BillB1 wrote:

May I make a suggestion to everyone. Make it clear to Comcast that YOU will "freeze" your account. NO MORE "pay per viewing" ANYTHING!!! NO EXTRA $$$$$ to Comcast. My Comcast security is up in June, and I WILL NOT renew.
Stuck with you till I move. BUT you will NOT get an extra pennie out of me till my YES is back.
Comcast's "explanation" makes NO sense. NO one else Droped YES! Comcast is lying.

You can do that, of course, but your services will be shut off, late fees will incur, probably early termination fees as well, and the whole bill will be sent to collections.  And, as long as you hold Comcast equipment you will be billed for it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

No Yes Network after 3 months of waiting, and anger , meams one thing, and one thing only  ! COMCAST will no longer be my tv provider !

New Poster

<p>I think we understand the Comcast position. Our frustration is that there are no ongiong negotiations. Comcast and YES have to get back to the table. &nbsp;If no efforts are made to resolve it we will move to Direct TV. I received two mailings from them this week. They are very much aware of the situation.</p>
Contributor

I am sick and tired of comcast putting this all on Fox and Yes. It's a combination of all 3. I don't want to watch 3/4 of the channels on comcast but I still have to pay outrageous bills every month. I was going to give comcast till spring but I'm sick of the attitude that comcast shows with this subject and I don't want to hear about the limited viewership of the YES network. I am calling Monday and will drop my triple play package and go with direct tv. I would prefer to keep comcast but not without yes.
New Poster

yes

Ummmm...No yankee games on comcast? Any idea when of if it"ll be back so i can schedule a direct tv installation and drop comcast?

New Poster

Missing YES NETWORK!

Yes Network might be gone from Comcast but not forgotten.  There are 14 houses on my street and 11 of them have Comcast. Two of the familes are Red Sox fans...boo and one does not like baseball, so that leaves eight who love the Yankess. One neighbor is trying to work out a deal with Frontier if we all switch at the same time. Needless to say Frontier is all ears. They even said they added more personal to accommodate the request for switching over from Comcast. I had to laugh when my neighbor first talked to a Frontier rep, he said "We have the Yes Network/Yankees". Will keep updated.....

New Poster

Yankees

You have got to bring back the YES Network. We have to be able to watch the Yankees !!!!!!

New Poster

Comcast should be ashamed for what they're doing to Yankee fans in CT, NJ, and PA.  And we're still paying for YES on our monthly bill--paying for a blank station.  I guess when you're as large as Comcast, you really don't care about the people you "serve."  A call to Comcast indicated that negotiations are taking place between Comcast and YES network--probably going down to the wire when the season starts.  That means that all the spring training games will be missed.  Comcast:  THINK OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

New Poster

If YES was so expensive for comcast to carry, why didn't we see a decrease in our rates when comcast dropped them?
Get back to the negotiating table, Comcast and get us a deal. YES wants 5 dollars per subscriber? Make it a subscription channel. I'd pay 5 dollars extra to watch the yanks. You're going to lose a lot of customers who are lifelong fans when they go to watch opening day and can't find YES.
YES, if comcast won't deal, eliminate the middle man and offer us a deal to watch games online.
Frequent Visitor

And we should make sure the cable
Advisors board is aware that this is happening. We are being charged for a network we are not receiving!
Contributor

I would also pay $5/month for YES network. I truly would prefer ala carte pricing. Pay for what I want and ditch everything else (which is a few hundred channels that I never, ever use!)

Contributor

I agree. I have a couple hundred channels and watch about a dozen
New Poster

Already started looking into other options. Pitchers and Catchers reported time to bring back YES. I will drop comcast if they don't get YES channel back. I am under contract but you broke your end of the deal so I feel that I am free to leave.

Frequent Visitor

Well I want to say in reply to your letter that we will not remain a Comcast customer and Comcast is in violation of our agreement with them when we signed up as the YES network, in my case and probably others,was part of the reason we chose Comcast. You seem to have no trouble charging more money for your services and I for one cannot imagine why asking those of us who want YES to pay say $5.00 more for the network would not solve the problems. But if you are so concerned with profits and reportedly customer service,think again when the Yankees" fans leave Comcast.

Valued Contributor

"I for one cannot imagine why asking those of us who want YES to pay say $5.00 more for the network would not solve the problems."

It would solve the problem, but YES would not go for it while Comcast almost certainly would. YES wants ALL cable subscribers to pay for the YES network because it is paid more as a basic channel that all subscribers are required to pay for, than if it was only paid by subscribers who want to pay for it.

Regular Visitor

I just checked out Frontier/FIOS. They charge $15 more for their top of the line TV programming than the basic TV programming.

This includes Yes among many more sports and regular programming channels.

Why can't Comcast do something similar? If this isn't solved by the season start, I'm with Frontier/FIOS.

I would gladly pay $15 to get the Yankees. 

Regular Visitor

We're already paying extra for the "sports package" which now doesn't include baseball..

New Poster

YES Network

I have been a Comcast customer for years.  I intend to find a new provider if this dispute with the YES network is not resolved before opening day.  The Yankees are one of the main reasons I keep cable and do not simply "cut the chord".  Please resolve this issue.

New Poster

Our cable/internet/phone bill from Comcast is over $360 a month. We have been customers for 6 years, ever since we moved to CT. Despite the horrible service-constant broadcast interruptions, On Demand issues, internet and cable outages, we have stayed with your company because we watch every single Yankee game on Yes that we do not attend in person. We will be dropping all services if the Yes Network is not brought back by the end of March. I have already spoken with Direct TV and Frontier and they will be happy to have us as a customer.

New Poster

yes network

what is the status of comcast returning yes to the available staions. Is there a chance we will see Yankee baseball?

Regular Visitor

I have been a Comcast subscriber for 20 years. I've been a Yankee fan much longer. I just upgraded to Xfinity X1 and I love the new remote which makes Comcast much easier to use. Although, I don't want to switch subscribers, I'm not about to lose the entire Yankee season. There are choices, and I will switch with another cable subscriber if this is not resolved by the end of March

New Poster

Lets go Comcast!! I found other solutions to view YES and if you dont have the network by opening day I'm dropping you.

Contributor

Let's see if comcast cares about the customer. Once I switch, I'm not coming back and I'm not waiting till opening day
New Poster

Hey RonnieB, I too switched to Xfinity X1 and did have a few problems that have been fixed. The service was great. I was called almost every other day asking if everything was okay. Won't go into all the details but I also love all it can do. They gave me another type box in one room so I can record 5 shows at the same time. I receive almost every channel plus all premium channels. Think only 2 channel not included in 2 year rate for internet, cable & phone for $235 month so It will be hard to leave, but I want the Yes Network to watch the Yankees. I am also waiting to see what happens.

New Poster

YES

comcast removed YES, I do not care to hear the lies of why! I want to watch the yankees. Comcast did not reduce my bill 1 cent, instead they are keeping my money. This is stealing!! I want YES! If not I want a rebate of my stolen money. Sombody else would be in jail for this BS.

Regular Visitor

Cobra your a lot more fortunate than me, I never receieved a call from anyone regarding my satisfaction with the X1 Box. I like (or should I say y wife likes) being able to tape 5 shows at a time. She'll have to get over that perk real quick if we don't get the Yankees back! There's no way I' missing Yankee Baseball!

Frequent Visitor

yankeejimg wrote:

I just checked out Frontier/FIOS. They charge $15 more for their top of the line TV programming than the basic TV programming.

This includes Yes among many more sports and regular programming channels.

Why can't Comcast do something similar? If this isn't solved by the season start, I'm with Frontier/FIOS.

I would gladly pay $15 to get the Yankees. 

Was this just for cable TV or in a package with phone and internet?  

Frequent Visitor

Would be nice if Comcast would at least give us an update about "negotiations "with YES.
Also anyone know how to contact
Cable Advisory Board? When I checked I was referred to Old Lyme
Website and all I got were minutes
From a 2010 meeting. Sent email to
Town requesting info have not heard
Back. Plan to also write
To legislators to inform them of situation
New Poster

Where is YES Ch.  Direct TV has It

Frequent Visitor

My husband is crying and moaning about not being able to watch the Yankees.  He is calling DirecTV and Fios to get estimates about switching to them.  Comcast, does this make sense to you?  Do you want to lose customers?  If so, this is the way to go about it. 

Frequent Visitor

This message board is the round file for all complaints against Comcast/Xfinity.  So far it has done no good.  Wait until April and if nothing is cooking by then, switch.

Contributor

I have heard that COMCAST & Yes are now negotiating . Why it took so long. I have no idea . Buuuut ...to tell you the truth. My wife and I are looking into Direct TV. Plus ...if News 12 NJ wasn't  "only on cable". COMCAST would've been gone from my tv a long time ago ! 

Service Expert

josnasceph wrote:

I have heard that COMCAST & Yes are now negotiating . Why it took so long. I have no idea . Buuuut ...to tell you the truth. My wife and I are looking into Direct TV. Plus ...if News 12 NJ wasn't  "only on cable". COMCAST would've been gone from my tv a long time ago ! 

Can you tell us where you "heard" this?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

ALL Yankess fans need to call and complain to  1-800-934-6489.  Let starts calling and don't stop until we get the YES network back. 

Contributor

What is that number to. I have been calling comcast since November and they don't care. 2 weeks I'm going to direct tv and not switching back
New Poster

Yes channel

When is Comcast going to restore the Yes Chanel?

New Poster

Is comcast stupid?  I am seriously looking into a different source that provides YES.  Yankees is my main team and now I cannot even watch the games. 

Frequent Visitor

Apologies...but I can not figure out how to post in this forum so I am replying to you....

I couldn't agree more! One of the main reasons I have comcast is for the Yes network! Comcast Did NOT reduce my bill when they cut the channel so I reduced mine! I spent 2 hours with customer service just to get to a person that would talk to me about my bill and the different packages available. It turns out that a loyal customer of some 20 years is getting the worst deal possible! Make an irate phone call and all of a sudden you are eligible for this package and that deal!! Really? I cut my bill more than $100/month and ditched all those stations I never watch! I thought I was all set and bought  FireStick to watch the Yankees on MLB TV....guess what! MLB won't let you watch! I'm blacked out!! So here I am ready to PAY for a subscription and baseball says NO! These rules are so ridiculous and this is exactly why Comcast/baseball need to change to bettermdeal,with their fans!

I fully intend to call the Attorny  Generals office to protest this cut in service without a corresponding reduction in price! In the meantime I have slashed what I pay comcast....multiply that by 1 million subscribers Comcast and figure out if 1 million people cutting their bill $50 or $100 a month is worth the lousy $5 Yes is charging!! 

If opening day arrives without the Yankees on comcast or an agreement with in sight this customer of 25 years is gone!!

Contributor

Comcast is more Greedy and Ignorant , than they are "stupid" . $$$$$ ... that's all !  The customer doesn't matter .

Frequent Visitor

Re: yes network

http://web.yesnetwork.com/about/contact.jsp

...not all that difficult to find. 

New Poster

Yes network

Is the YES network going to be available in the near future?

Regular Visitor

Yes Network

If Verizon Fios can broadcast YES then why can't we subscribers of Xfinity get it.  It makes no sense.  My husband and I are bereft that we can't watch our beloved Yankees.  We have had Xfinity for over 20 Years!!!   My husband suffers with anxiety and does not like change.  This is going to be a painful breakup for us.  We are just in shock.  

Contributor

I sent an e-mail to the CT AG's office in mid January but have yet to receive a reply. l have some of the same issues you have.We received no reduction in our bills after YES was dropped. We never were notified in writing that YES was being dropped.I am on the Internet all the time and don't miss much but I had no clue that there was even a dispute and didn't know YES was gone until the morning of November 18.

I just can't change or cancel my service because back in October 2014 I agreed to contract everything for 2 years to get a better deal. What happened was my roommate and I moved.I thought I would just be able to transfer my service from my old residence to my new one which was in the same city. But they would not let me do that. They told me the package I had wasn't available anymore so they tried to match it up as closely as they could. I wound up then taking a package that included Starz which I didn't really want and a DVR which I didn't really want either and it would cost me about 25 or 30 dollars less than I was paying at the old place for the 1st year  but I had to agree to a 2 year contract. And foolishly I did. Then after the first year it went up by about 30.00 which I knew would happen. So now I am paying around 200.00 for my Triple Play which was about what I was paying per month at my old apartment.And it will go up by probably 30.00 more dollars when my contract expires in October. Plus they made me get a new account number after I moved which made no sense because I am a long time Comcast customer. They treated me like I was a new customer and for a couple of months my account was completely messed up because of the two accounts and it took me many chats and phone calls to finally get everything straightened out.

I was basically forced to agree to a contract. Because the only channels that were must channels for me were YES and MLB Network so any package I agreed to had to have those two channels. I still don't know why they wouldn't just transfer the service I had to the new apartment. That makes no sense to me. Then I wouldn' t have had to agree to a contract to get what I wanted.

I wrote about this in the e-mail as well. I also said I would terminate my services now but I am sure they would not so it unless I agreed to pay termination fees. And I don't think I should have to pay them a penny because I think they broke their contract with me by dropping YES. I would not have agreed to any package without YES. And I still think I should have been able to transfer the package I has at the old apartment to the new one. But for whatever reason they would not let me do that. And having two accounts until they finally cancelled the old one was a nightmare. Plus when they came to install everything they were 1 for 4 which isn't even a good batting average in baseball. The only thing that worked was the main TV. The TV in my roommate's room, the phone and the Internet did not work. Then somebody else had to come back the next day to get everything hooked up that the first tech didn't. I also agreed to contract my services because they offered me a 75.00 prepaid Visa. With all the problems I had with them after I moved they gave me a 20.00 credit on my account which I don't think was enough.But they told me that was the best they could do.

My advice to everybody is don't contract your services no matter what kind of a deal they offer you because if circumstances change you can't cancel your services without paying a penalty.If I didn't move I would not have this problem now because my services would not be contracted and would be free to cancel now without any penalty. It is not in me to fight with them because they will make it as difficult as possible and if I said I wouldn't pay the termination fees they would refuse to cancel my account even if I returned their equipment to them. So I am pretty much stuck with them until October when I can cancel without penalty if I choose to. All Comcast does is lie and is deceitful to their customers. Calling them will do no good because you will not get a a straight answer from them. Only that nobody watches YES and FOX wants Comcast to pay millions of dollars to continue carrying it. I really don't want to listen to this anymore. We can't even find out if negotiations are currently going on.

I deserve the courtesy of a reply to my e-mail don't you think? I brought up a lot of issues that I think should be addressed by the AG's office. All I will say is if I neither get a reply from the AG's office or YES is not restored to Comcast's cable systems I will remember that the next time there is a state election. I think they broke their contract with me by dropping YES so I should be free to leave without penalty even though I have a contract. What good is a contract is one party can change the terms? If one party can change it the other party should be able to say no and say I don't want the new package. As I said before I would not have agreed to any package back in October 2014 without YES.

I also have had MLB TV since 2010 I believe but that doesn't help me with the blackouts. I am now looking into ways to bypass the blackouts      

New Poster

I love my Xfinity X1 service but I too am strongly starting to consider DirectTV or Frontier. Comcast Xfinity just keeps taking the channels I like away. First it was MSG and now YES. Not to mention countless other regional channels over the years. And the leagues with their blackout restrictions don't help. If I could purcase NBA League Pass or MLB.TV and watch the Yankees and Knicks I would but I can't. Even though I live in a town where my cable provider refuses to provide me access to these games I cannot watch them legally via any other options. How is that fair? Why am I restricted in watching my favorite sports teams when I am in their georgraphic area. Shame on you Comcast. Shame on you. Thankfully they haven't found a way to block me from listening to Sterling yet. Guess I just have to go on living like I am in the 1930s and break out the transistor radio. Thanks Comcast Xfinity. 

Contributor

I too am under contract until October 2016 but as I told comcast, as far as I'm concerned, they broke the contract and I will leave before opening day if yes is not restored. I started this forum and I'm glad that everyone is as disgusted as I am.
Comcast has to be one of the worst companies to deal with. They don't care about anything but profits.
New Poster

Re: Yes network

I am adding my protest to this forum. I have watch Yankee baseball from childhoood (hint:Yogi was catching!) If I can't get YES on Comcast I will change providers. I pay a huge bill for stuff I can't watch because I have forgotten my high school Spanish, hate HipHop music, already can cook anything I want to. Comcast says they have good customer service. It surely doesn't seem as if they care about the thousands of NYY fans in Connecticut and the tri-state area! 

New Poster

Re: yes network

Do you know which is better, Direct TV or Frontier?

Contributor

I am so glad you started this forum. It gives all of us Yankees fans a place to vent. Was your contract for 2 years as well? They have to be desperate for customers so that is why they offer gift cards to people who will contract their services. When you told them that you don't think you should have to pay termination fees how did they respond? Or did they even respond? I would bet they would want their termination fee. Or else they may not cancel your services even if you disconnect everything and return their equipment. I don't know this for sure but knowing how they operate that would not surprise me. They may even continue to bill you each month for the duration of the contract even if you say you are cancelling unless you pay the termination fee. I can't deal with that. I am retired , on a fixed income and honestly don't have the money to get a lawyer to see if I can sue them. That is why I wrote to the CT AG's office to inform them of the situation if they didn't know already and what my options are. I would cancel right now if it wasn't for the termination fees. My advice to everybody is don't ever agree to a contract with any TV provider no matter how good the deal appears to be because circumstances can change and then you may not have a way out. If you look at the agreement I think it is on there that they have the right to change the channels in your package. I am not an attorney but this sounds to me like it may be an illegal clause. So it might be an illegal contract and if that is the case nobody should be bound by it. That is why I am looking for clarification from the CT AG's office.

I thought about calling them but I am afraid I would completely lose it  and start using vulgar language if they gave me the runaround. A few weeks ago we had a problem with the remote.My roommate told me to call them but I am good with computers and technical stuff so I said to her I was sure I could fix it. I tried reprogramming it using the list of codes from their website but none of them worked. Then I said there has to be another way. There is a way that X1 can find the code automatically and reprogram the remote so I did that.And the correct one for my TV was a different code than any  of 30 or so I printed out. If I couldn't figure it out would have called them up but it wouldn't have been to help me with the remote.I would have cancelled all of my services right then and there and at that point wouldn't have cared about the termination fees. Most of the people who work there don't know anything. My philosophy is why call them because I probably know more than they do. I think they work from a book. In the past if I had a technical issue they would usually tellme to do things I already did. I can troubleshoot just as easily as they can. I usually can figure out computer issues. It may take me a while but I almost always figure it out.People who work there are almost all completely useless. 

I am in between a rock and a hard place. Right now I am looking into a way to bypass the blackouts on MLB TV. I think you can do it but it is the matter of finding a service that can unblock MLB TV. One possible solution to the problem would be if Comcast and YES can't come to an agreement by opening day MLB should lift the blackout of Yankees games to those Comcast customers who live in Yankees territory. Which is CT, NY and NJ. The blackouts make no sense now. Maybe they  did when they were established but no more. But I think they remain in place because they want to protect TV providers. If people could get the games of their local team on the computer people may downgrade or cancel their TV service.But if Comcast won't give us the Yankees games MLB TV should.

I just hope the AG office is at least investigating the situation. If some of the things Comcast is doing are not illegal they are certainly questionable.

Another thing Comcast did was raise their prices a few weeks after they dropped YES. We were notified with December's bill and they included a channel listing with the bill and can you believe YES was still listed. I think I know what happened. The list was probably printed out before Comcast dropped YES but they should not have mailed it out to their customers until they updated it. I also wrote that in my e-mail to the AG.

One more thing unrelated to the YES Comcast dispute. I apologize for the poor typing but I just can't type on this message board. It is the same deal with Comcast e-mail. Comcast e-mail is unusable for me so I set it up in Windows Live mail so that is how I receive my Comcast e-mail. In my opinion Comcast can't do anything right.

Contributor

Re: Yes network

Your screen name AngryOld Lady probably describes just how you are feeling now. I should maybe change mine to AngryOldMan.