Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

YES Network

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Im a male Yankees fan with Comcast now, no YES, and no Spike...Directv offers both

I am also leaving by opening day if I don't hear something soon.

New Poster

YES NETWORK

Will Yes Network come back. Have to be able to watch the Yankees. This Netwok has to be brought back.

Regular Visitor

channel 69

are we ever getting the yes network

New Poster

Status of Yes Network

When will the Yes network be available? Spring trainning starts in a couple of weeks and the season starts in April.

New Poster

YEs Network

OK.  It's almost time for Spring Training.  Is Comcast ever going to get serious with negotiations with the YES Network so we can get Yankees games.  If not, let us know so that we can switch to FIOS or Direct TV.

Valued Contributor

Re: YEs Network

Can you please post a link which proves that it is Comcast that is not serious about an agreement with YES? I'm sure both sides are at fault here. 

Contributor

YES Network

HEY COMCAST / XFINITY ! WHEN WILL YOU BE SMART ENOUGH TO BRING BACK THE YES NETWORK ?

Frequent Visitor

Re: YES Network

Like a lot of others on this thread, I'm sick of the amount I'm paying for only watching a few channels.  The only reason I've paid for the sports package was for the YES network.  I have no reason to believe that Comcast will make any serious effort to bring back YES and they really don't care how much we complain here so I'll focus my energy on what can be changed: a provider who gives me what I've paid for.  That said - have any of you looked into the cost of how much Direct TV or Fios is?   Do you have to pay for installation?  How long does it take for them to get it installed?  

Frequent Visitor

studolgon wrote:

Can you please post a link which proves that it is Comcast that is not serious about an agreement with YES? I'm sure both sides are at fault here. 

Studolgon - here is an article from late January on this.  Comcast has to pay $5 or $6 per Comcast customer for the YES network - just as every other provider does for their clients.  Their new contract would not be an increase of this amount - Comcast just does not want to CONTINUE paying what it has in the past.  

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2016/01/comcast_yes_network_dispute_remains_unresolved_as.html

Valued Contributor

If I was a Yankee fan, I'd be upset about losing YES. However, there are always two sides to a negotiation. Comcast is looking at many parameters when deciding on a fair price to pay. YES is looking at some different parameters. First of all, just because Comcast agreed to pay 33 percent more for YES after its previous contract to carry had expired and negotiations were ongoing, dosn't mean it was doing so happily. I'm sure Comcast took into account the backlash that would happen if the network was cut off during the latter half of the baseball season. Second, I'm guessing that even YES would agree that the vast majority of the 900,000 Ccomcast customers did NOT watch nor even care about Yankee games (or other sports for that matter), yet they have been paying $60 to $72 per year to have YES on their system, whether they want it or not. That's a lot for someone trying to cut corners, and probably one reason why many non-sports fans are cutting cable altogether. And then there is the issue of higher ratings during the last few months of the season. Remember that carriage fees aren't all the revenue that YES receives. The higher rating allow it to charge more for all the ads you see between innings and the sponsored events during the telecast. Losing that revenue is something that YES must think about as the sides resume bargaining. So, again, I say both need to reach a common ground and both are at fault.

New Poster

YES network channel

If Comcast does not bring back the YES channel in time for baseball season 2016, we will drop Comcast and select a new cable carrier.  We hope a contract agreement will be made so that the YES channel/network will be available on Comcast. 

New Poster

Re: YES network channel

I was hoping this would get resolved...only a couple of weeks to go before spring training.

New Poster

Yes Network

ANOTHER TIME FOR COMCAST TO ABUSE THIER MILLIONS OF CAPTURED CUSTOMERS. A FOURTY YEAR SUBSCRIBER AND COMCAST DOES AWAY WITH MY LOCAL MARKET TEAM THE "NY YANKEES AND YES NETWORK" TO FAVOR THIER OWN BROADCAST CHOICES AND GIVE US "THE CUSTOMERS " ABSOULUTE NO WAY TO RESPOND THE ANOTHER MONOPOLISTIC ACTION BY THIS MISERABLE COMPANY.

NO CUSTOMER  CONSIDERATION ,,JUST LARGER AND LARGER BILLS.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Yes Network

Shouldn't the "Regional Sports Fee" on my bill go down now that the YES Network is no longer included in my cable lineup?  Why did this fee increase from $1 to $3 per month (a 200% increase!) at the same time that YES was removed?  By the way, my "Broadcast TV Fee" also increased from $3.25 to $5 (over 50% increase) in the same billing period.  These fees on my Comcast bill are making the supposed 33% increase requested by YES look like child's play.  

Maybe if Comcast could explain how these increases are different from the YES situation, I'd be a little less angry.  This is the kind of situation that makes a company lose customers for life.  If I'm forced to leave Comcast over this, I'm never coming back.

New Poster

YesNetwork (Yankees) on Comcast

Is there any update on the YesNetwork returning to Comcast for the start of Spring Training in a few weeks?  After so many years with Comcast, I'd really hate to pull the plug and move to FIOS for this reason.

New Poster

Spike Tv

I would strongly suggest everyone affected with the change to spend useful time researching and setting up a plex server.  Spike has a channel on plex that gives you next day HD without commercials to stream. Free and legal.

Just YouTube plex and it will give you step by step setup.  Takes maybe 5 minutes start to finish.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Status of Yes Network

GET READY cOMCAST FOR MANY CANCELLATIONS> aLSO THEY BROKE THE CONTRACT BY STOPPING YES SO NO CANCELLATION FEES.

New Poster

yes

is ther a plan to have YES Network return to tv lineup?

New Poster

yes network

IT IS ALMOST TIME FOR SPRING TRAINING

WILL THE YES NETWORK BE BACK OR WILL I HAVE TO GET

ANOTHER PROVIDER FOR THE YANKEE GAMES

Frequent Visitor

YES Network

When will YES Network be restored?

I have yet to see a credit in my monthly to compensate for reduced services.

Regular Visitor

Have already priced out Direct TV .
The best thing for me because my area will never get fios ... Is to keep Internet and one tv on Comcast (Basic tv) .,. And move to Direct TV for my main TVs. Actually will save money over my $230 month bill.
Streaming isn't an option yet because it requires your carrier to have the channel you want to stream. MLB extra innings isn't an option because this area is blacked out by the Yankees as a local market. So Comcast/ Yes have us by the short hairs .
I hope we leave in Comcast in droves to prove them wrong ( "nobody watches The Games)... And I hope the Yes Network's advertising rate takes a major hit as well.
Two greedy entities victimizing the average consumer...
For now waiting to see if there is any movement ... If not I'll have my Yankees by opening day !!!
Fan since '61
Contributor

Ok comcast, spring training games start March 2nd YES. Are you going to be airing that game or not. I told you in November that I would leave if this wasn't settled and I started the forums for fans to show their disgust,and if you bothered to look there were thousands saying that they would leave too. Now it's time to put up or lose all of these accounts.
If the YES network is not restored within 10 days, I along with thousands more will be leaving for another network. Once I have direct tv here, I will never be back.
You prove that you care about the customer as much as you say and restore YES now. April will be too late. You don't even have the decency to keep us updated.
Frequent Visitor

I agree that one of the main reasons I use Comcast is to watch the YES network. I will be looking for other options for tv service if the YES network is

not available....

New Poster

Missing YES NETWORK!

I guess COMCAST reads how we Yankee fans feel about losing the Yes Network. I wonder if Fox and the Yankee owners are getting the message? It will take all of them working together if we have any chance of getting the Yes Network back. I think it would be nice if we knew all the true details for this loss so we can make an inform decision. I don't think this will happen, but it was wishful thinking. I am looking into all my options so I can see my Yankees play.

New Poster

Re: Missing YES NETWORK!

I too am looking into my options - spring trainng is literally right around the corner.   Not being able to see the Yankees play is not really an option for my household.   Comcast please go back to the table - I need to know I'll be able to see the Yankees on opening soon or I'll have to being the dreaded task of switching my cable provider.   

New Poster

Yankees

I wanted to know an update as to what is being done about yes network for us Yankee fans in western ct. I am very willing to leave Comcast if the problem is not rectified before the start of the season. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing YES NETWORK!

So, I currently have the expanded
Cable package. Red Sox fans
Have NESN, Met fans have SNY
And Yankee fans??
Comcast not meeting the needs of
All its customers!
Regular Visitor

yes network

When do you plan on putting the YES network back on?  I need to know prior to baseball season?  NO Yankess and its time for Direct TV...sorry....I pay over $330 per month and its the one channel I want.  I will pay extra, just get the job done.

Mark G

New Poster

I can't believe that the YES network has been dropped!!!  I certainly hope this gets resolved ASAP.  I'd hate to have to change service providers.  I am a big Yankees fan and I do not want to miss their games.

Regular Contributor

How about Comcast refunding the $4.89 a month all subscribers have been paying for YES even after it pulled the channel? That's almost $4.5 million a month it's keeping without providing the service.
Regular Contributor

Re: Yes network

They should be refunding the $4.89 a month we all are paying when we aren't getting the service. Would you hand Dunkin donuts 4.89 and walk away from the counter with nothing?
Regular Contributor

Agreed. I want to know where my refund is
New Poster

yes network

Are you working to regain Yes Network in time for Yankee baseball?

New Poster

yes network

Are you working to regain Yes Network in time for Yankee baseball?  If not I will seriously consider switching providers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Yes network

I agree we should be re-inbursed
For the cost of that empty channel
Frequent Visitor

Any one interested in a class action suit?  There must be a Yankee fan who is also a good lawyer.

New Poster

YES Network

I am NOT pleased that Comcast has dropped the YES Network! I am a Yankee fan and not watching them this Summer is not an option. It's very simple, work something out with them or you will lose thousands of Comcast customers, including me! I don't want to change to another provider but I will unless you bring back YES.............Thanks for your time, Keith

Visitor

Sports Programming

What is the status of the YES network? Am I going to be able to watch the Yankees this year?

Contributor

Re: YES Network stoppage

If Comcast is stupid enough to have " no plans to return to the YES network" . Then my plans to dump COMCAST for good . ARE now in overdive !

New Poster

Yes Network Dispute

With the baseball season upon us, I am extremely disappointed that an agreement with the YES network is not even being discussed.  If an agreement cannot be made, I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

New Poster

Re: Yes Network Dispute

March 15, if there is no YES network, it is DirecTV for me. Comcast, do you think that we buy Comcast to watch Comcast sports network? I have the Triple Play and if there is no YES agreement soon, that Triple Play will mean what it says..3 Outs!

New Poster

YES Network

I would like to know if we are getting the YES Network back. My mother is 80 yrs old and a big Yankee fan. If we are not getting the network back I need to know so I can look for another cable provider. I cannot believe we are the only upset fans.

Clare Prevot

Contributor

Re: Yes Network Dispute

I agree. March 15 is more than enough time. I have already spoken to direct tv and apparently I am not alone. They said they have been called by alot of disgusted comcast customers that are going to switch
New Poster

YES Network

Will the YES channel be available to us by the time Spring Training starts? We have started looking at the services offered by other providers in our area and need to know whether to switch away from Comcast.

New Poster

YES Network

I'm encouraging everyone to click on the Contact Us link on Comcast.  Click on Read the Letter from Tom K and use the Submit Feedback link at the end of his letter.  Let him know how you feel about Comcast dropping YES.

New Poster

Yes to Yankee games

I think it was a bad mistake to remove the Yes channel from the lineup. If you don't work out somekind of a deal,I might have to cancel my subscription or just get very basic. The Yankee games were one of the few reasons to keep cable. Don't watch the other sports stations. 38 games between ESPN,WPIX and Fox not enough. Yes just disappeared. Not happy,especially since spring training is starting up. Want to watch the games with Yankee announcers.

Don't believe the market was that small since Yankee fans outnumber Red Sox fans in CT.

Big BOOS to comcast.

New Poster

yes network

i pay quite ALOT  a month and have lost the Yes Network and CMT for starters. Not sure what other channels i've lost or are losing yet bill increases.

I am very dissatisfied with my service and bill and are looking into other options.

New Poster

YES Network cancelled

Will Comcast setlle dispute with YES Network?

Regular Visitor

This was the reply when I wrote to Tom K

"Hi, my name is Cathy and I am with the Office of Tom Karinshak. I
apologize that Comcast has decided to no longer make the YES network
available. I know being a sports enthusiast myself, I would be upset as
well if I could no longer keep up on the news and games of my favorite
team.

Comcast decided to drop the YES network because FOX and the Yankees are
asking all of our customers to pay them hundreds of millions of dollars
over the next several years to continue receiving the channel. The price
that Fox and the Yankees are requiring from our customers, we did feel
was acceptable given the Network's minimal viewership. YES network
simply did not present an appropriate price-value proposition for our
customers.

It has yet to be determined if the YES network will return. My apologies
again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you choosing Comcast. Your business is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Cathy P.
Office of Tom Karinshak"

Service Expert

Re: yes network

Have any of you gotten in touch with 21st Century Fox and Fox Sports to complain about the negotiations?

Just to point out something, if this has affected 900,000 YES/Comcast viewers, where are the other 899,800 people that aren't posting here?  Why aren't they here in droves complaining about Comcast dropping YES?  Everyone seems to believe that the fault is solely on Comcast's back for not coming to a compromise on fees - fees that will ultimately be passed on to the customers in this area, fees that will probably have customers screaming because of price increases?  Granted, there may be a number of people that have called Comcast to complain, but if it's the same people over and over calling, it's not going to do much good.  I think it's rather interesting that the YES Network website doesn't have a "Contact Us" link.  I wonder why that is?  Instead, they provide a link for finding other means [pay] to subscribe to the Network.  I see a lot of hype placing the blame solely on Comcast, however, but almost all of that is generated by YES.

So, I suggest sending emails and letters to the above mentioned begging them to negotiate in good faith with Comcast.  After all, it takes two to Foxtrot [pun intended].

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon