members

online now

discussions

YES Network

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 150 of 816

I'm very disappointed in not being able to watch the YES network. While I didn't switch to Comcast solely for YES, it was a contributing factor. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm switching to another provider, but if the opportunity arises I will have to consider my options. 

My guess is there will be last minute negotiations to bring YES back and both sides will eventually give in. It's happened like this many times with providers and this time will be no different. 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 151 of 816
I will also drop Comcast and move to Fios if the Yes Network is not back by baseball season
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 152 of 816
So will I
Posted by
New Poster

Message 153 of 816

So with Baseball season on the horizon - sad to say that Comcast will be getting disconnected --- not having YES is a deal-breaker for us.

Amazing, it will be interesting to see just how many customers do the same and how many customers Comcast will lose and never retrieve.

With the changes in consumer video delivery you would think Comcast would want to retain all of the diehard Yankee fans (there are LOTS of them).

Suspect at some point we will stream the games and just go with Amazon Prime / Hulu / Netflix services to get the viewing we want and not have any of the old school subscriptions.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 154 of 816
And miss all of the music channels and racial channels that comcast keeps adding. They are a joke. Why don't they just spend more money on commercials bashing direct tv. I will be leaving soon if they don't get YES channel back.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 155 of 816

Just a note to complain about Comcast dropping the New York Yankees YES station. I have internet, phone and TV service with Comcats; however, if I can find another service that offers the YES station I will be dropping Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 156 of 816

What happened to the YES network?  Will Yankee fans have to find another cable service in the spring?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 157 of 816

Yes, please get the yankees network back for all us fans!

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 158 of 816

Will the YES Network be back on Comcast EVER????  It's too bad that Comcast doesn't care what its customers want because the pulled the plug on YES immediately after the season ended--very sneaky on their part.  Comcast, listen to your customers.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 159 of 816

Comcast and Yes Network must come to an agreement soon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 160 of 816
Please for the love of God give us the yes network!!! Born and raised right outside New York. DIE HARD YANKEES FAN!!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 161 of 816

I'm sorry to see that Comcast and the Yes network have not settled this issue. It's getting close to baseball season. I really don't care who is being greedy here (probably both sides). I am surprised that Comcast considers the channel to be minimally watched which shows a disrespect for the millions of subscribers who watch the network. If the situation is not resolved I'm sure Comcast will be surprised to see the effect this minimally watched channel can have on their subscriber base when people start switching their cable provider. I will be one of them!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 162 of 816

If Comcast does not carry the YES Network effective March 1 2016 I will cancel my Comcat service....

Posted by
New Poster
Message 163 of 816

When I signed onto Comcast, the YES network was one of the channels in my package. I hope this issue can be resolved before spring training so I can watch the Yankee games. I would think this is a breach of contract if not resolved and would definitely change providers.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 164 of 816

So tired of Comcast changing channels all the time-always the ones wanted MOST by us!!!  NOW they're after the Yankee Channel 39!!!  Time for us all to switch to someone more accomodating who will listen to us!

CAPP23 wrote:

Just found out Comcast will not carry the YES network as the current contract has expired. It is my sincere hope that this issue will be resolved so the millions of viewers that enjoy the YES Netwrok can continue to do so on Comcast. I would hate to switch providers, but will if this network is not carried by Comcast. Comcast earns billions annually, the difference to the bottom line profits can not be that much to renew this station.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 165 of 816

The biggest slap in the face was when my "Regional Sports Fee" was increased by 67% immediately after the YES network was cancelled.  When I complained to Customer Service on the phone, I was told "at least you can still watch the Red Sox."  Great, now I get to pay more for the opportunity to watch a team I hate.

I wish I didn't live in an apartment that doesn't allow satellite TV.  I'm stuck with this horrible monopoly for a TV provider.  Since I live in the NY market, I'm blacked out from the Yankees on mlb.tv too.  What can I do?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 166 of 816

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines. Circumvention of Language Filters After Being Auto-Warned by the Filter System.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 167 of 816

Need to watch the NEts. Is there any development with getting a negotiated agreement with YES soon? Comcast has been silent and not providing any updates. PLEASE respond.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 168 of 816

From what I have read on line, Comcast is playing politics with us re: dropping the yes network.  I have been a loyal comcast customer for over 20 years but I am a more loyal yankee fam.  If comcast does not stop this petty argument with the Yes Network, they will lose a loyal customer to either FIOS or Direct TV.  Their argument that viewership is low for the Yankees is BS and they know it.  It is up to us to make enough noise that Comcast actually pays attention.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 169 of 816

Does anyone know if Comcast will add the YES NETWORK to their programming schedule before the 2016 season starts?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 170 of 816

I am writing to find out if there is any progress or current "negotiations" between Comcast and the YES network. I want to know if the YES network will be restored to my viewing area in Westfield, NJ (YES this is YANKEES BASEBALL TERRITORIY!) before the 2016 season begins. If I do not hear of any progress being made on the issue I assure you I will be seeking to switch to a carrier that will provide me access to my beloved Yankees. I am long time Yankees fan and I also assure you that "viewership" of the YES network not "low" in this area, as claimed, that really is not right to put that on the customers. I am long time Comcast loyal customer with TRIPLE play, but If I do not get my YES channel back then I assure you I will forced to switch to a carrier that appreciates and takes care of the local sports fans. and do not send me feedback blaming this on YES, it is in my opinion the fault of BOTH sides here so please just negotiate a deal with them. Sincerely, Robin Ratkowski  from: WESTFIELD NJ YANKEES COUNTRY

Posted by
New Poster
Message 171 of 816

YES Network, unless it returns to Comcrust I will be changing to another provider. Get smart, the metro area is filled with Yank fans, start to arrange a new contract now before the preseason starts or it will be too late. Comcrust will lose many viewers.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 172 of 816

I assume you have also written to YES in order for that network to make a good faith attempt at a carriage deal that would be beneficial to both sides.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 173 of 816

Why can't I get the YES network?  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 174 of 816

n/t

Posted by
New Poster

Message 175 of 816

How do you know when Comcast is lying?  Their lips are moving or they are typing anything.  If yes/fox rates are so outrageous then why aren't the other cable outlets dropping yes?  And how dare they lie that not enough people are watching Yankee games.  if Fox is asking outrageous rates, then why do they keep Fox News, Fox Financial, and Fox sports.  The truth is Comcast owns NBC and they don't like the competition for their NBC Sports station.  If you subscribers want Yes as much as I do, then all of us must harass Comcast until they relent.  Otherwise we must switch to Direct TV or Fios.  We must act asap because spring training begins in a few weeks.  Let's Go Yankee Fans!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 176 of 816

The SILENCE from Comcast, so far, is DEAFENING! I'm seeing so many user comments, and crickets from Comcast staff!

I've been haggling with Comcast over the cost of the service for some time now, and I am tired of it. Suffice to say, this *IS* a deal breaker for my wife and I. We *WILL* be changing proividers VERY SOON, if we don't have the YES Network in time for Yankees Baseball season! Today is January 31. TIME IS RUNNING OUT!! Smiley Sad

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 177 of 816

Bring back YES or wed drop Comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 178 of 816

30 year customer.

Bring back YES or wed drop Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 179 of 816

Great post!  Of course YES is another guilty party. We should also be going after Comcast and YES.

In addition why not contact our respective Senators and Congressmen?  Also, where is the FCC on this?  Thought they were in the process of making cable more user friendly.  Of course there are more important things going on in the country and the world but this is a non-issue that should never have arisen.

In addition to the Yankees (and Nets) fans there are people uch as me who are not Yankee fans but enjoy watching good baseball.

Why hasn't Comcast done a survey to see just how "few" fans are out there.

If only a few then why not at least offer a monthly fee for YES.  Then people can decide.

Give us YES back!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 180 of 816

I have had XFINITY for the last 6 months, and its been great until November 2015. I bought this product for (1) the YES (Yankees) Network, and (2) the performance. Comcast has FAILED at the #1 reason I signed up. I live in southern CT and need a solution to Comcast inability to properly provide the YES Network and Yankee games it promised me when I signed up, ATTDierectTX? Frontier? other? Any ideas out there?

Spring Training is upon us! This is  now serious. Comcast - solve this or I am dropping you!!

EJR - CT

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 181 of 816

Whatever geek46 said it must have been choice.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 182 of 816

I'm with you Ratkow

Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 816

I'm very upset that comcast has dropped the yes network, i am a die heart yankee fan. Is there any hope of getting back?If not I'm seriosly thinking of switching to another provider.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 184 of 816

I am an avid NYY Yankees fan for over 60 years. I have watched many of their games on Comcast's YES channel.

That channel has been removed from their line up, recently.

Can anyone tell me if the contract with YES Network will be renewed for this baseball season.

I am seriously thinking about changing TV provider (Comcast) to another company provider, after being with them for over 35 years.

The baseball season starts soon!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 185 of 816

YES Network ! I'm a die-hard . lieftime Yankee fan . Spring traing camps are opening in just 2 weeks . I MUST HAVE YES NETWORK BACK NOW .RIGHT NOW . Or I have to switch to another tv provider. That WILL BE DECIDED within a week .

Posted by
Contributor

Message 186 of 816

I'm tired of waiting for COMCAST to bring back the YES network . Bring it back NOW or I'll have another provider for the tvs in my house within a week .

No YES  = No Comcast

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 187 of 816

With Spring Training around the corner, another 3 weeks {NO YES & no Yankees}. And After NO Brooklyn NET's games to watch.
Contrary to "popular belief" we ain't all "front runners"{Met's fans}, And There are a LOT of real diehard Yankee fans here. I DON'T Watch "baseball" I watch MY team, the Yankees!
This will probably be my last month with Xfinity.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 188 of 816

Glad to see all the support for the Yes Network, now if only Comcast would. Enough is enough. Get Yes back or I can't wait to see the mass exodus from this good for nothing cable company. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 816

Yankees YES Network

I cannot believe that Comcast is dropping the New York Yankees YES Network. It was bad enough that I could never watch the New York Jets games as Comcast does not offer CBS Channel 2 in my area. Instead I'm stuck with ION on channel 2! I have internet, phone and TV service with Comcast; however, if the YES Network is not reinstated before baseball's opening day, I will drop Comcast and select Direct TV. Comcast, do not wait until I switch to Direct TV to re-aquire YES, because that will be too late and you will lose me forever!!! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 190 of 816

I agree. If COMCAST can not get this worked out I will be callinf direct TV. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 191 of 816

I agree 100%. when I signed up for Comcast i asked if they had the YES network. If they didin't have it i would have gone to Direct TV. Our contracts should be voided.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 192 of 816

Comcast could drop some of the other nonsense channels. Have you considered how much revenue will be lost to DIRECT TV.  Yankee fans are very loyal. They will go to the provider that airs the games. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 193 of 816

Goodbye to COMCAST

Posted by
New Poster

Message 194 of 816

I just changed from Frontier to comcast in January and was informed as I was signing a contract that the yes channel is out. I said I don't think I can use your service without the yankees and he pretty much insured me that by the time baseball season starts, they should have come to some kind of agreement and it should be back on. Was he just telling me this to get me to sign? Is there an option to pay for this channel?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 195 of 816

The Yes Network site says they are available on Direct TV and Frontier in my area

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 196 of 816

I have been a loyal customer for many years now and how does Comcast reward me? By dropping the YES network!!!!! I have lived through all the glitches and problems and so on. but I can't live without the YES channel! I am a NY Yankee diehard fan forever, and I cannot imagine missing my games starting with opening day. If you truly value your customers, then please, please, please settle this agreement soon. I and I'm  sure many customers like myself will change over to FIOS at least for the baseball season if you don't. Settle soon PLEASE!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 197 of 816

When I yapped and complained about this, on FaceBook on the /X-Limity page... was sent THIS as an "answer":

XFINITY I'm sorry William, but at this time the YES does not present an appropriate price-value proposition for our customers. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. - XXX
My answer. THIS WILL be my last month WITH you, I consider you "in Breach" of the implied contractural agreement under taken WITH YOU by me that I was leaving DISH BECAUSE of no YES and YOU HAD AND WOULD HAVE YES network. Since I wasn't STUPID enough to sign for your X-M service {and be locked in for two years} I'll be leaving at the end of this billing cycle!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 198 of 816

Comcast, Yes Network, Fox and who ever else make these decisions to change programs should listen to the people who buy your services. Sometimes you may want to  give your subscribers what they would like instead of making it about money all the time. Maybe if negotiations don't work out you might ask Yes Network/Yankee fans to pay a few dollars to get Yes Network back...You see this is what you call negotiating...Try it you may like it. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 199 of 816
Im an avid Yankees fan, and chose Comcast because ATT didnt carry YES Network. I have been patiently waiting for news of YES Network coming back to Comcast. Really, your multi trillion dollar company "cant afford YES Network anymore?"
And now, as I wait to see if something changes, my bill goes up, as it does every year..Im at $200 a month at this point with NO premium channels.
So during this more than just frustrating time, I change the channel to Spike...and now THATS gone TOO !...
What channels have been added ? Or are we just taking away and taking away while our bill goes up ?
I ll trade you my 10 Spanish channels (we make sure we keep those for non Spanish speaking families for some reason) for my YES and Spike back.
Whats left for me here ?
What would be the reason I stay with Comcast as the YES Network was the only reason I chose them in the first place.
You cant say you dont hear the mass of unsatisfied customers letting you know how to be better, and a company we could like, support, and tell others about.
Comcast is a monopoly company..
I ll be switching to Directv day 1 of the Yankees season if things dont change.
Add me to the list of thousands of beyond unhappy customers that pay top dollar every month to your greedy company.