New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

YES Network

ANSWERED
New Poster

YES Network

Will there be a solution to the YES Network/Comcast problem, or should I go ahead with my planns to cancel cable and go with Direct TV?

New Poster

Re: YES Network

I will be forced to go to Fios or direct TV if Comcast does not bring back Yes network

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: YES Network CT?

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines.

New Poster

Yes Network

If comcast does not have Yes Network, I'm taking my business somewhere else. Pay $270.00 month, will go to another company

New Poster

Re: YES Network stoppage

What other carriers have the Yes Network? We pay $270.00 month now. Please let me know

New Poster

I agree. We should all call the AG office

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

YES

I am a longtime customer of comcast and I am very disappointed that comcast has decided to drop the Yes network. I have been a Yankee fan for over sixty years. If I am not able to watch their games this season, I will be forced to find another provider. Please reconsider your decision and restore Yes network to your channel lineup.

New Poster

YES

How many want the YES network back

Frequent Visitor

I will absolutely switch to another cable provider if Comcast does not offer The Yes Network again very soon.  I am absolutely furious that they took this away from Yankee fans.  I was on the verge of changing any way so this is most likely going to decide it for me.

Contributor

YES Network ! BRING IT BACK NOW !

It's been 3 weeks ! When is COMCAST going to wise up and actually care for what the customers want back ?  My patience with COMCAST is gone , and time for keeping COMCAST as my cable tv provider is growing short . Very... VERY short .

Contributor

YES Networks

YES Network ! BRING IT BACK NOW !!! 

I have had it with COMCAST & their refusal to keep their customers happy .  BRING BACK THE YES NETWORK RIGHT NOW !

New Poster

NO YES, NO COMCAST,  I DONT NEED TO SEE SPANISH CHANNELS BIBLE CHANNELS AND ALL THE INFOMERCIALS I WANT THE YANKEE GAMES .COMCAST HAS RAISED ITS RATES REPEATEDLY WHY ARE THEY SURPRISED BY YES NETWORKS INCREASE REQUEST.?THEY NEED TO NEGOTIATE AND GET YES BACK ON THE PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE OR LOSE  MARKET SHARE  ,IM DONE WITH THEM IF THERE ARE NO YANKEE GAMES 

Contributor

now if we can only get comcast to listen.prove everyone wrong by finally listening to your customers and reinstate the YES network

Regular Visitor

If Comcast thinks this over they are sadly mistaken. Wait until Spring when the largest Yankee market in the world is shut out from watching their beloved team. I think thousands of people jamming their customer service should get their attention. Think of your customers for once Comcast. Make paying you that huge amount of money every month worth something. 

Frequent Visitor

Perhaps then you will not mind the loss of subscribers to Comcast and the switch to FIOS or Direct TV which continues to cover the Yankees. Also you likely will not mind the money you will be responsible for paying out when we terminate our contracts early as we signed up with the YES network and were told you would have the YES network. Perhaps a call to the AG is in line.

New Poster

Long time Comcast subscriber. If you donot get Yes back by the time of baseball season, you will must likely lose me as customer.

New Poster

YES Station

When will the YES Station be available. I need to know because unfortunately I have to have that station even if it means switching providers.

New Poster

YES Network

As a long-time and at times a very patient customer, I am disgusted that Comcast has pulled the YES network from its lineup in Connecticut.  This was done without prior notice to its customers.

This only goes to prove that deregulation (more competition, etc.) has again subjected subscribers to a loss of control.  Comcast does exactly what it wants!!

If YES is not reinstated, I will no longer be a Comcast customer.  I also think that I will have lots of company!!

Please, Comcast, reinstate YES into your lineup.  For once, think of your subscribers!!

New Poster

Your customers pay an outrageous amount for cable service each month. We should have some say in the programming. Get rid of the junk channels and bring back the YES network!

Frequent Visitor

I've also noticed that Verizon Fios and Direct TV carry the YES network in my area.  I'm curious if anyone here has dealt with these companies before?  If so, I know they offer decent introductory rates but do any of you know if their rates are as high as Comcasts once the trial period is over or how their customer service compares?  Also - have any of you heard that we may be paying more for internet access?  I've heard a circulating rumor that we are also going to have pay more if we exceed a set amount of data.  

The YES network is saying that Comcast dropped them because of issues other than financial - It looks like Comcast wanted more exclusive treatment and that this was impossible because of other existing contracts.  

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences
Frequent Visitor

Well if they wanted exclusivity they are really making a big mistake. Their drive for power will cost them financially. FIOS is in our neighborhood and people are satisfied with similar costs I understand to Comcast.

New Poster

Yes Network

When are you going to have the Yes Network on?

New Poster

YES network!!!!

Comcast has a nerve to raise my bill but yet they got rid of the YES network....it seems to me that my bill should be lowered!

New Poster

Loss of YES network

Very disappointed that Comcast has chosen to drop the YES network.  It was just one week beyond the 30 day grace period in which I signed up with Comcast.  The fact that I was not infomed that negotiations were ongoing, and there was a possibility YES would not be part of the package is quite disturbing,  and really a poor marketing strategy.  I would now have to pay $200.00 to opt out of my contract and sign with a different provider.  I am mulling that over, but rest assured that when my contract is fulfilled, I will be leaving Comcast.  Being a Comcast customer for twelve years, never a day late on a payment wields no power. Apparently, a large corporation can do as they wish with little regard for the customer.             Thanks Comcast for being transparent; how many other customers have been misled by your failure to disclose?

Official Employee

Re: Loss of YES network

jrz44 wrote:

Very disappointed that Comcast has chosen to drop the YES network.  It was just one week beyond the 30 day grace period in which I signed up with Comcast.  The fact that I was not infomed that negotiations were ongoing, and there was a possibility YES would not be part of the package is quite disturbing,  and really a poor marketing strategy.  I would now have to pay $200.00 to opt out of my contract and sign with a different provider.  I am mulling that over, but rest assured that when my contract is fulfilled, I will be leaving Comcast.  Being a Comcast customer for twelve years, never a day late on a payment wields no power. Apparently, a large corporation can do as they wish with little regard for the customer.             Thanks Comcast for being transparent; how many other customers have been misled by your failure to disclose?

there's a whole website dedicated to programming renewals

http://my.xfinity.com/learn/programming/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Will Comcast subscibers who watched YES daily be offered a credit monthly for the cost Comcast is no longer paying for the channel? If not, the Comcast employee responses on this thread are pure self serving manure. Don't insult your subscribers intelligence with cost saving excuses when the Comany is unwilling to adjust its fees for the savings it is realizing.

Contributor

As far as I'm concerned comcast broke their end of the contract when they dropped yes. If they don't get it back I will be finding another provider.
Regular Visitor

It's interesting how all of a sudden Comcast is so concerned about saving their customers money. How about asking your customers what THEY want. I hope your phones and forums light up in March when Spring training starts and the fans from the most followed team in sports start to really complain. This here is just a sampling of what you will be getting. 

Contributor

Yes Network NOW !!!

It's been well over one month ! When will COMCAST give up some of it's greed , and bring the YES Network back ?

Frequent Visitor

I likewise recently signed up for a new package which was a 2 year contract which we specifically mentioned we were loyal Yankees fans and were not told of this issue. Personally I will be contacting the AG office if this is not resolved and am considering other actions against Comcast. I will not continue with Comcast come Spring training if this is not resolved and unless something is done soon I will start initiating action against them to get out of my contract and suggest others do the same.

New Poster

Will the YES network be restored to the sports and entertainment package?

The YES network was dropped for the sport entertainment package in Nov 2015. Is there any intent to add that back before baseball season starts?

New Poster

YES Network

Why was the YES network dropped? It's one of my reasons for having cable. Friends tell me it's available on DIRECT TV.

Contributor

It's been over 1 & 1/2 months and COMCAST STILL REFUSES TO BRING BACK THE YES NETORK  !  Greedy Bloods_____s !  I would have switched to  Verizon , or Direct Tv by now , but some recent  medical issues have temporarily delayed that . Very  VERY temporary !

Regular Visitor

Yes channel 32

When is Comcast getting the Yes channel back, channel 32?

New Poster

IS my bill coming down since you are not carrying YES?     If this issue is not resolved I will look to another company.  I have telephone, internet and cable with you, but if this is not resolved I will say goodbye,

New Poster

I can assure you that if Comcast does not reach an agreement with YES, I will be cancelling Comcast

Contributor

Comcast can't you see that we want the YES network back and WILL leave if you don't put them back. Maybe you should prove that your customers really do matter. It's time to put your customers ahead of your profits. You need to restart negotiations with Fox and put the YES network back on the lineup
New Poster

Yes network

I want to know what comcast is doing to restore the YES network.  Also I want to know if I sign up for the baseball package will they unblock the YES network.  I would appreciate an answer or I will have to go to another provider.

New Poster

Will Comcast carry Yankee games on YES at an additional charge on MLB for example?

Would it be possible for Comcast to carry the YES network as an add-on to, for example, MLB?  Please don't make me choose another provider.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Will Comcast carry Yankee games on YES at an additional charge on MLB for example?

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines. ( Circumvention of Language Filters )

New Poster

Yes Nework

When is the Yes Network coming back, I will switch to Fios if it is not back soon. Also, why does MSNBC always talk about race. Comcast does own MSNBC, and I am really finding it hard to support Comcast.

Admin1

Re: Yes Nework

FOX and the Yankees are asking all of our customers who receive the channel to pay them hundreds of millions of dollars over the next several years to continue receiving YES network. The price FOX and the Yankees are requiring from our customers is not acceptable. YES simply does not give our customers a good value for the price they are asking.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

And comcast does? You have to be kidding me. I pay over $200 per month and all you do is add music channels and racial channels. I'm a 55 year old white male. I don't want to see those channels, I signed up for the sports packages including the YES network and you didn't even give us the courtesy of letting us know that you were removing the YES network.
As far as the premium channels you can keep them too.Totally useless.
I have been a loyal customer from the beginning but I've had it. You either return YES or I am gone. I hate to change providers but you are doing nothing to keep your customers happy. Maybe you need to rethink your position and start renegotiating with Fox and Yes. Doesn't sound like I'm the only one that is disgusted with your company. Ball is in your court now
New Poster

Re: Yes Nework

Then go take a hike - come baseball season here it is in mathematical terms: No Yes from Comcast = Yes from DirecTV. Simple equation - Yes? (pun intended).

New Poster

YES network status

Comcast certainly gets enough $$$ from me and everybody. 

How about negotiating with YES  b4 spring training? 

Tags (1)
New Poster

One of the main reasons I have not changed from Comcast over the years has been my ability to watch YES network. Why should I stay now? Not for the high prices or bad cusomer service...

I remember when Comcast first got YES and the price for TV went up by a couple bucks One of the reasons provided was for the cost of YES. Will our cost now go down? Now that's a laugh.

Don't be so greedy Comcast, get the channel back!

Contributor

If you read the responses from comcast, you would think that they are the victims here. Comcast has been overcharging their customers for a terrible channel lineup and terrible customer service forever. Look online and see what people in other parts of the country are saying about them. They should be ashamed of their business. Why don't they stop bashing direct TV on the commercials and use that money to satisfy their customers by putting the YES network back on the lineup. No money will keep me with comcast if yes is not restored.
Service Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines ( Circumvention of Language Filters )

New Poster

Yes Station

Very disappointed that the Yes Network is no longer available.  Being an avid Yankee fan I will not go the baseball season with Yes.  If you don't resolve this situation quickly I will be forced to switch to Direct TV or Dish.