members

online now

discussions

YES Network

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 50 of 816
Comcast keeps adding channels that I don't care about and now they have removed the YES network. Comcast doesn't care about the customer, only the money. I hope everyone that is affected cancels their service with comcast and moves on. I pay over $200 per month and only watch about a dozen stations. Prove that you care about the customer and reinstate the YES channel. Time to show what the priority is. Customer satisfaction or profit
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 51 of 816

Comcast...I've been a customer for many years.  You have lost my trust by dropping the YES Network.  So is my bill now going to be appropriately reduced for loss of this channel?...i didnt think so.  Bottom line, if you dont bring back YES immediately I will be going to DirectTV.  I dropped Cablevision in the 90s for this same reason and will surely do it again.  Dont know why you agreed to the new contract with YES this past spring and now you just decide to go back on the deal and drop YES overnight?!  Get over yourselves and resolve this now...or Direct TV here i come!  Wont even think twice.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 52 of 816
Comcast's reasoning for dropping the yes network, is because Yes is asking comcast costumers to pay more than Comcast agrees with? is the biggest load of horse dung I've ever heard. Comcast has never cared about their costumers or their service. They are simply holding out for a better deal at the expense of their costumers. I don't recall Comcast giving their costumers a say in what they are willing to pay for the yes network or giving them an option to keep the service. I cannot say anything positive about this company, but removing the yes network, who is the sole provider of Yankees and nets games is a kick to the sack. What are the ratings for Comcast sports net??? This is unacceptable. Comcast is an awful, gready company, that provides horrible costumer service.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 53 of 816

My cable bill is also "rather lofty"!

If Yes Network doesn't come back for what I'm paying every month I'll switch to another provider!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 54 of 816
I feel the same about comcast. You charge outrageous costs and provide channels that most people don't care about. I stayed with comcast for the sports packages, mostly the YES network but I will drop comcast if they don't get YES channel back. I am under contract but you broke your end of the deal so I feel that I am free to leave. When I spoke to your customer service the woman was extremely rude, but at least I was finally able to to speak with someone from comcast that I could understand.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 55 of 816

What happened to the Yes channels ?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 56 of 816

Good to see you have made your mind up. Why don't you drop the dozens of worthless channels you are carrying and put Yes back. We pay a boat load of mo ey to get what we we promised and we should be able to decide whether you keep a channel or not. In case you didn't realize you just blocked a large customer base from viewing their only access to a very popular sports network carrying one of the most popular sports teams. Apparently meeting the needs of your customers is not a priority for you. Shane on you. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 57 of 816

We will be dropping our personal and my business account with Comcast if this isn't resolved soon and YES stays off the system. Personally, I'm tired of Comcast using its customers as leverage with the networks. Let's vote with the only leverage we have as customers. Switch to a competitor service. Enough is enough.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 58 of 816

Not a good value proposition? Try losing a lot of customers. Comcast will find out it's on the losing end of the bargain. It's always great to be told you aren't valued as a customer. Negotiations should be worked out without inconveniencing the customer. Nobody likes being a hostage.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 816

It is inexcusable that Comcast has dropped YES without even a warning to subscribers. Its one of the few channels I watch

Posted by
Visitor

Message 60 of 816

If Comcast does not get YES back, I along with about every other Yankee fan will be switching to DirectTV.  I do not understand how in this market they can not carry the biggest sports franchise in the world.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 61 of 816

I am a lifelong Yankees fan, and I enjoy watching NETS games . HOW MUCH LONGER DO I, ALONG WITH THOUSANDS OF OTHERS, HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE COMCAST RESTORES THE YES NETWORK ?

This is THE WORST MISTAKE THAT COMCAST HAS EVER MADE !

You call it an "inconvemience" . I acll it an INSULT to  Yankees and Nets fans , that are Comcast users .

Posted by
Visitor

Message 62 of 816

I sincerely hope that these two can come to an agreement, millions of fans like me watch the Yankees and their programming religiously! Remember that many customers stay with Comcast because you carry the YES Network. So I know I'm not alone when I literally beg you to do your best to resolve this dispute, please do this for me and the rest of your loyal customers!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 63 of 816

Comcast once again proves they have the worst costumer service of any cable provider. No response from a representative with an apology or solution. Awful company with terrible service. Come up with a solution. period.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 64 of 816

Direct TV does carry YES. I will be switching in about a month if a new agreement is not reached.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 65 of 816

Don't bother posting anything or asking any questions expecting a decent answer. Comcast will not help you. They don't care you're a paying costumer. Just keep paying your enormous bill

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 66 of 816

Your response is offensive. it is insulting that Comcast will justify their decision to drop the network by saying the decision was made for the benefit of their costumers. As if the company does not earn billions each quarter and keeping the yes network would have to cost the costumers directly. Thank you for looking out. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 67 of 816

I think it is a very poor decision by Xfinity to drop YES Network. If this is a money issue, it is bogus. We subscibers pay plenty each month for TV. Comcast is rich enough to pay for YES. Maybe looking to raise our rates higher. There are other options out there for your subscribers. Being your customer for over thirty years, I am very unhappy. My advice would be reconsider and get a deal. You may see a mass exodus of customers. 

Thank you

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 816

It's too expensive 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 69 of 816

I am EXTREMELY disappointed to hear that Comcast has dropped the YES Network!! It was one of the deciding factors for me to stay with Comcast/Xfinity. I follow the Yankees religiously and therefore watch this channel ALL THE TIME. I petition Comcast to reconsider and get the channel back. However, IF it does not get back in the line-up you will have lost a loyal customer of well over 25 years. I will indeed make the switch to DIRECTV. I have avoided this "temptation" in the past but this time I would have NO choice.
Respectfully,
Gary Wisniewski

Posted by
Contributor

Message 70 of 816

AGREE!!! AND...

I am EXTREMELY disappointed to hear that Comcast has dropped the YESNetwork!! It was one of the deciding factors for me to stay with Comcast/Xfinity. I follow the Yankees religiously and therefore watch this channel ALL THE TIME. I petition Comcast to reconsider and get the channel back. However, IF it does not get back in the line-up you will have lost a loyal customer of well over 25 years. I will indeed make the switch to DIRECTV. I have avoided this "temptation" in the past but this time I would have NO choice.
Respectfully,
Gary Wisniewski

Posted by
Contributor

Message 71 of 816

Ummm.....wrong. Have you looked at this thread?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 72 of 816

Same!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 73 of 816

Exactly. Ditto!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 74 of 816

Customer Service:

When can I expect the YES network to be returned to my channel lineup. It has now been a week without this channel which I frequently watch and am currently paying for. Patience is running out with this disruption.

Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 75 of 816

Please bring back Yes.    I got Comcast because we watch the Yankees and Nets.    It is/was part of our package.     I have a contract with Comcast so technically, with the removal of Yes you are in breach of contract.     I know I am not alone in saying with the removal of Yes I will probably switch to Direct TV and it will be another customer that you lose.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 816

First we lost the MSG network and now the YES network.  The bill stays the same - however. It's time for a la carte channel selection. Direct TV seems to be the answer.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 77 of 816

Looks like they will be losing anther customer if this does not get resolved!!!!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 78 of 816

It better before the Yanks season begins

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 79 of 816

I just also found out about the YES network and we are avid Yankees fans. We have FIOS in our area and Comcast broke its contract with us and I will break my contract with them if this is not resolved by Spring training.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 80 of 816
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 81 of 816

Well then there will other plans made as we will be leaving Comcast as will others. You violated your contract with us when we signed up and was told YES would be part of our programming. Guess what, FIOS and Direct TV offer YES. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 82 of 816
Does comcast have any intentions of renewing the contract with the YES channel. I would like to know because I am going to a satellite if you aren't going to put it back. You broke your contract with your customers, now we will leave you.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 83 of 816

Comcast is not carrying the YES Network , therefore no Yankee games next season.  I for one will find another carrier if this happens

Posted by
Visitor

Message 84 of 816

Comcast's response is pure bull!  Funny that YES says that Comcast and them have reached agreement on pricing. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 85 of 816

And thus I have plans to switch to DirecTV. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 86 of 816

How is it that Comcast has dropped the YES Network due to a supposed increase in fees (which YES denies) but then Comcast denies a refund of the fees we have paid and denies a reduction in the subscription cost?  Given Comcast's attitude in this situation I believe YES when they say that Comcast had already agreed to the new price in the spring time and now trying to renege on the contract.  I think a call to the CT AG to see if they can shed some light on the subscibers rights is in order.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 87 of 816

Ah, the CT AG. Now there's something I hadn't thought of. Kudos.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 88 of 816

As a lifelong Yankee fan the Yes network is important to me. Please resolve your contract issues before spring. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 89 of 816

NOw I suddenly received an agreement letter in the mail from Comcast stating I never signed it although we have had Comcast for years. They likely are doing this in order to prevent problems from people dropping them due to YES. I will not sign it and I will not continue with Comcast if YES is not back.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 90 of 816

Why can't Comcast come out with a statement to all fans of YES,and update the situation.If they are not going to put YES back on their schedule,then i'm going with Direct TV.I'm missing alot of the offseason information that I was used to getting during the winter.So Comcast needs to let their customers know if they are going to return YES,or let us know so that we can leave and make other arrangements.Time to show how much you care about the customers. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 91 of 816

With the money Comcast gets they 33% increase should be nothing

Posted by
Visitor

Message 92 of 816

Dear President of Comcast:

You must be aware of how terrible the public perseves your company.  With such a negative image already, why do you allow your underlings to make such a poor decision to eliminate the populer YES Network from our package of stations?  Or, maybe you are the ultimate dumbo at headquarters who is responsible for an action?  

Regardless, the person who ultimately made the choice should be fired.  We pay outrageous prices for your service in the first place.  The greed factor at Comcast knows no bounds.  I, for one, will cancel service with your company if you do not include the YES Network in our package before the start of the Major League Baseball season this Spring.

Respectfully,

Vincent R. Bickler

Beachwood, NJ

Posted by
Contributor

Message 93 of 816
Does Comcast even have plans to let their customers know what is going on, or don't they care.
I hope everyone that feels left out out of the loop contacts Comcast and complains and if it comes down to it, leave them. I hope that doesn't have to happen.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 94 of 816

When is Comcast going to stop being greedy , blood sucking, pigs ,and give us nack the YES network  ?

You do re-alize that you are in breach of contract with your customers that had ,and still insist on having ,YES Network as part of the sports package . 

It's been 2 weeks now, and that is 2 weeks to long

Posted by
Contributor

Message 95 of 816

I've been after  COMCAST for 2 weeks to bring the YES Network back .  Representatives have not even had the decency to reply .

Doe's anyone know what the phone # is for the Comcast / Xfinity corporate office is ?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 96 of 816

The subject title says it all .

I want the YES Network restored immediately , OR COMCAST will be replaced by either Verizon/Fios, or DISH TV within the next 10-12 days .

the count down starts today !

I should've started it 2 weeks ago .

Posted by
Visitor

Message 97 of 816

I can see how many Yes Network followers are as upset as I am with the loss of Yes. I wonder if Comcast notices this? If they do then they do not care. Is it all Comcast fault? How about FOX and their demand for a 33% increase. I hope the can at least talk? My wife and I are avid Yankee fans and looking for another source has started.  I wonder how many of us leaving Comcast will it take to make them wonder is it worth it? Keep posting your anger, it may work.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 98 of 816

When will the YES network standoff be resolved?

I'm not paying for something that has been taken away from me.

If it's not resolved and SOON I'm prepared to dump Comcast for another provider as are many of my sports minded friends

Posted by
Visitor

Message 99 of 816

When did dispute happen?  I just noticed one day that yes was gone