New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

YES Network

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 801 of 816

I just found out that YES Network will be available on Comcast/Xfinity on March 31st.  Does this apply to ALL Comcast markets in New Jersey?  I'm in Atlantic County...will we be getting YES?

(a frustrated Yankees fan living amongst disgusting Phillies fans).

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 802 of 816

Jersey_Mike wrote:

I just found out that YES Network will be available on Comcast/Xfinity on March 31st.  Does this apply to ALL Comcast markets in New Jersey?  I'm in Atlantic County...will we be getting YES?

(a frustrated Yankees fan living amongst disgusting Phillies fans).

Hey now.

Not currently expected to be added in this area. Will be added back to the areas that previously carried this channel.

Yankees games are available out of market via the MLB Extra inning package. Free preview of MLB Extra Innings starts April 2 through April 9.   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 803 of 816

Awesome that YES is back. Makes me a very happy man and I don't hsve to think about changing services. Thank you YES and Comcast for coming to your senses.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 804 of 816

Same here Walshdad. Same here......

Posted by
New Poster

Message 805 of 816

@ComcastTeds This answer is not strictly correct. As a former Comcast customer in Philadelphia, I used to receive YES Network. However, after 3+ hours on the phone today, it was disclosed to me that YES is NOT coming back to Philadelphia; it will be available in PA only in Scranton Wilkes-Barre. This is tremendously disappointing. Does Comcast have any plans to bring YES to frustrated fans in Philadelphia?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 806 of 816

Did YES in Philadelphia include live games? I cannot believe the Phillies/76ers would allow live games from another market's regional sports network.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 807 of 816

blewett wrote:

@ComcastTeds This answer is not strictly correct. As a former Comcast customer in Philadelphia, I used to receive YES Network. However, after 3+ hours on the phone today, it was disclosed to me that YES is NOT coming back to Philadelphia; it will be available in PA only in Scranton Wilkes-Barre. This is tremendously disappointing. Does Comcast have any plans to bring YES to frustrated fans in Philadelphia?

Apologies for any confusion. My answer is correct. I also spoke directly with our local programming team who confirmed that YES was not offered in your area.

Yankees games are available in the Philadelphia are via MLB Extra Innings.

We don't have any plans to bring YES into the Philadelphia television market. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 808 of 816

Before Yes Network was dropped by Comcast, I had it with no special sports package. Is it available in Cromwell, CT? Do I have to buy a special package?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 809 of 816

cinerama261 wrote:

Before Yes Network was dropped by Comcast, I had it with no special sports package. Is it available in Cromwell, CT? Do I have to buy a special package?

I am seeing YES available in your area on channel 32 and in HD on channel 1254.

YES is included in your current level of service. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 810 of 816

ComcastTed,

What about the Central PA area (i.e. Williamsport, State College)?  I am assuming that isn't a New York market so no YES network then?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 811 of 816

State College definitely is out-of-market for the Yankees.

The Northeastern part of PA is in-market for the Yankees. However, I don't believe Comcast carried YES on the Williamsport, Lewisburg or Lock Haven systems before, so they wouldn't receive it now. YES will be coming back for Comcast subscribers in Scranton and Luzerne County.

The simple rule for what is in-market vs. out-of-market in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre market is that only things with zip codes starting in 18 have YES. 177 (Williamsport), 178 (Sunbury) and 179 (Pottsville) zip codes don't. The smaller cable companies through those areas don't carry YES either.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 812 of 816
I just found out that channel 254 on comcast wpix from new york which is avaliable in south jersey broadcasts live games of mets and yankees. I checked their tv guide they don't show all yankees games according to the their guide but is better than nothing. The channel is only available in SD.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 813 of 816

Guess us in 179 aren't worthy of seeing any Yankees games. Shame! But we can watch all those Hispanic channels. Was looking forward to the Yes Network coming back. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 814 of 816
WPIX tv ch. 254 in New Jersey Shows mlb live games mets and yankees. Your area may have different number check for WPIX TV from New York.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 815 of 816
I am a new customer in the Boston area that switched from Diectv because the city in which I moved did not have high speed internet option other than Comcast. So as a new customer I just cannot understand how they cannot carry the YES network in the Boston area. All of their competitors carry this network so I find the reason for this baffling and just ridiculous. So many fans in this area would pay the extra cost to have them add this to their sport package. Comcast must highly consider doing this ASAP!!! As there is no reason today to have so many cable channels and not carry this network. Such a joke!!!!
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 816 of 816

YES is a regional sports network, and is only authorized to carry its flagship programming, New York Yankees baseball and Brooklyn Nets baseball, in certain territories. These territories do not include the state of Massachusetts, which belongs to the Boston Red Sox and Boston Celtics.

Even if the network were carried, all Yankees and Nets programming would be blacked out.

In order to receive this programming through Comcast or any other provider in the Boston area, you will need to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings or NBA League Pass. Note that telecasts against the Red Sox and Celtics would be blacked out, requiring you to watch those with the Boston announcers on NESN and Comcast SportsNet New England, respectively.