New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

YES Network

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 450 of 801 (4,053 Views)

Re: YES Network

Dear Comcast

I find that your channel lineup has deteriorated significantly by dropping the YES Network.  As such, I want a significant reduction in my monthly bill until YES is restored to the lineup.  

Dear abandoned Comcast customers

DirectTV will allow 1 tv with the Choice package (includes YES) for about $54 per month.  

Comcast execs, stop hiding behind lies and get back to the table with YES.  It is impossible to have any rational discussion about this with any of your reps by phone or online chat.

Posted by
Edited on :
‎03-10-2016 01:29 PM

Contributor

Message 451 of 801 (4,221 Views)

[ Edited ]

EXACTLY Wolverine062!!  Same as our response but in reverse!!! WHY should anyone pay for anything they do not really want!!! We paid for dozens of channels WE DID NOT WANT just to get YES.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 452 of 801 (4,210 Views)

Kindly settle with the Yes Network.  Diehard Yankee fans who will drop Comcast for alternative if we cannot get this channel to watch games.   Simple as that.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 453 of 801 (4,206 Views)

I am a business as well as personal customer of Comcast. My employees look forward to watching YES including the Yankee games in season. They have asked me to find an alternative to Comcast and I am. Since my business uses Comcast for telephone, Internet as well as cable TV, Comcast is about to lose monthly fees in the five figures. They are also about to lose my personal account for another $400 a month. What a stupid business decision on their part.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 454 of 801 (4,214 Views)

Anyway, Frontier is not stupid. I have now gotten flyers from them in the mail. It has a YESNetwork logo on it and the tag is "Switch today and say YES to Frontier." Perfect. In about 3 and a half weeks I will. Then Comcast will be in my past after over 25 years. There is a simple solution. Fix it or forget me (which they already have or never even knew me!). It's simple for me too.

Posted by
Edited on :
‎03-10-2016 01:31 PM

Visitor
Message 455 of 801 (4,171 Views)

YES channel

[ Edited ]

Why did you stop the YES channel ! If you don't reinstate it I'm going to Verizon or any other cable service which carries YES.

Edited for Privacy

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 456 of 801 (4,198 Views)

So Comcast with a GDP bigger than Cuba won't even negotiate with YES!
YES Network: Doubtful we'll be back on Comcast - CNN
https://apple.news/AIeE81wilTFKIdSrQHcVvEw
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 457 of 801 (4,160 Views)

vmveith wrote:

When are you bringing back the YES Network?  If you are not, will I get a $6/month credit for not having the channel anymore?  What about H2, will there be a credit issued for dropping that channel too?

Comcast didn't drop that channel. It was rebranded by A&E Network as Viceland.  Comcast wasn't involved.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 458 of 801 (4,194 Views)

2 - 1% ers showing how powerful they are and the regular people get Ignored,punished, left out, fill in the blank!!!><br>Do the right thing and bring back the Yankees on YES!<br><br>It is obvious you are a MONOPOLY but why be so blatant about it!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 459 of 801 (4,182 Views)

As we all know there is power in numbers, then I look at the number of post pertaining to the YES Network and see about 450 messages. Many are posted are by the same people so that number is inflated. Personally that number is way too low  to put any pressure on Comcast and Fox. Hope you also let Fox and the Yankee owners know how you feel. As I mentioned before, Yankees owners it's time to pay the fans back for making you the baseball powerhouse that you are. Pay it Forward...George would have!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 460 of 801 (4,141 Views)

cobra51484 wrote:

As we all know there is power in numbers, then I look at the number of post pertaining to the YES Network and see about 450 messages. Many are posted are by the same people so that number is inflated. Personally that number is way too low  to put any pressure on Comcast and Fox. Hope you also let Fox and the Yankee owners know how you feel. As I mentioned before, Yankees owners it's time to pay the fans back for making you the baseball powerhouse that you are. Pay it Forward...George would have!!!

This is an observation I made a while back.  Now, granted, a lot of subscribers may not know about Comcast Forums, so not a lot of people would know to post here.  I am not saying that it is so, but Comcast has stated that the number of people that watched the YES Network was so low the decision was made last Fall to drop it.  Given the above observation, along with supposedly poor viewership numbers, it would only confirm what Comcast did.  Personally, I think Fox and YES need to be more realistic when dealing with Comcast and other cable providers.  Comcast wants to deliver the games to you, but not at an inflated price that would have to be passed along to subscribers and that would happen.

I can tell you that when the SEC Network was being made available there were more people, on the forums, and through the SEC footprint, that were more passionate about Comcast carrying this network.  They eventually came to an agreement, as did most carriers, but it came at a price, and part of that price is now being grumbled about, and that is the Regional Sports Fee which in part pays for the price Comcast pays to carry the SECN.  I understand that this modest fee is passed along to all customers that are tiers above Economy and Starter.  Customers want these "specialized" networks, but not at an increased cost.  In the end, people get angry because a carrier WON'T carry something and claim they'll pay extra for it "just get it done!", but then when a deal is made they complain about an increased cost that hits their bills.  So, you have people that "threaten" to leave if it's not done, and when it IS done, beg to have the cost removed because it's not fair and if it's not removed again "threaten" to leave and won't pay any ETF because THAT'S not fair.  It can't be both ways.

I don't know how this is going to turn out, but hopefully more pressure has been put on Fox and YES than what has been posted by a handful of people here.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 461 of 801 (4,130 Views)

I agree with AGAIN. Pressure must be applied to both parties in any dispute. In addition to meeting with Frontier and Direct TV in the next few days regarding changing my business account, I've filed a written complaint with The Yankees and YES and canceled my season tickets. If enough Comcast customers and Yankee fans do the same, a deal will be struck.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 462 of 801 (4,117 Views)

I think COMCAST needs to be more realistic when dealing with it's  "valued customers" !!!!

COMCAST is inn BREACH OF CONTRACT !!!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 463 of 801 (4,103 Views)

Luckily, I am not under contract with Comcast for either my T.V. or internet, so I am free to leave at anytime.  However, it is an imposition to do so.  On the other hand, it is an even greater imposition for a life-long fan to be unable to watch Yankees games because Comcast 'needs' extra income.

Remember when you could get the Yankees for free... on broadcast channels?  Those were the days!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 464 of 801 (4,003 Views)

Does anyone know any online streaming sources that carry Yankee games without blackouts?

Still hoping for a resolution to this nonsense by opening day

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 465 of 801 (3,986 Views)

I've heard that the Yankees have decided not to have their games blacked out on MLB TV. It's said they actually decided this before Comcast announced they were dropping YES. But either way it could help -altho MLB TV is pretty expensive it's better than nothing.
I haven't confirmed the no blackout policy myself yet so I can't guarantee it's true, but I hope so!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 801 (3,951 Views)

As far as I know the blackout rules remain in effect on MLB TV. If you go into your MLB account you put in your zip code and it will tell you which teams games will be blacked out. I live in CT so my blackouts are the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets.I think now you can stream games from YES on your mobile devices. That may be what you are thinking about. But the kicker is it would be through your TV provider and not MLB TV. So if you are a Comcast customer that will not help you. There still may be other ways to bypass the blackouts on MLB TV and I am looking into that now but will have no idea if they will work until opening day. Because there are no blackouts of spring training games or at least there shouldn't be. I would know because I have had MLB TV every season since 2010 and have purchased it again this season. It is 20.00 cheaper this year than last. It doesn't really cost that much when you figure out what it costs per month. It would be perfect except for ther issue of the blackouts.  Somebody can correct me if I am wrong about the blackouts but I don't think I am. The in market streamning will not help Comcast customers. The blackout rules as is are really stupid. Maybe they made sense when they were written many years ago but not anymore. If Comcast refuses to telecast the Yankees games then MLB TV should make then available. The games are available about 90 minutes after conclusion but is there anything worse than watching games on tape delay? Unless you want to completely shut yourself off from the outside world while the game is being played. Even if you want to try to avoid knowing the score if you have either your TV or radio on and/or are on the Internet you can find out the score accidentally even if you might not want to. You have to shut yourself completely off from sports while the game is being played not to know the score before watching the games on archive.           

Posted by
Visitor
Message 468 of 801 (3,820 Views)

Yes Network

I pay for the Premier XF Bundle, which includes the sports package, plus recently imposed extra fees for "Broadcast TV" and "Regional Sports"  So, why hasn't the Yes Network been reinstated in my TV sports selection if I am already paying for it?  

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-10-2016 08:11 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 469 of 801 (3,903 Views)

[ Edited ]

Comcast Is lying. When Yankees games are on they are the most watched cable station and #3 overall. I get tons of lousy stations I have no interest in watching within my package. Drop them! Either let me choose the Yankees under an a la carte system of stations or pay the Yankees the same rates all the other cable companies pay. At the very least you should be paying the customers back the many millions of dollars you have put in your pocket by cutting the Yes Network.

If I could switch providers I would but my street only has underground cabling and Verizon is not available. I don't want to put a dish on the front of my house and trees in the back. Comcast has a virtual monopoly in my case. And my favorite team is being unfairly targeted by this lousy provider. I might drop the TV cable option and just go with my Apple TV and Roku on my internet if they don't change their minds soon.

Everybody should call and complain everyday. Let them pay extra customer service reps to hear our complaints rather than stick the money in their greedy pockets! 

In the 5 minutes since I originally posted this I have had 12 views. Do the math. Many people are upset. Comcast wants you to believe nobody wants the Yankees. BS! They are the most iconic sports team in the biggest sports market in the world. Comcast is either run by people who wouldn't know a baseball if it hit them in the head or Mets fans. Either way, this is ridiculous!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 470 of 801 (3,851 Views)

I contacted Comcast once again today. First of all I was told they do read what we write. You may believe what I'm going to tell you, that's your choice. I have not formed an opinion at this time.

"The areas that lost the Yes Network (for me) starts at the CT, NY, NJ state line for CT customers and goes up north MA., Maine, RI etc; (I can't remember all the states he mentioned north of CT.) Think he call them the Western and the NY, NJ the Freedom".

"He said my bill showed a $3 charge, my Sport Package that included YES. (He's right) If they accepted the Fox deal the charge would be $19". Forgot to ask if my bill would have gone up since I have a contract for $3 Sports Package?

He continued...

"We are mostly in Red Sox land and only about 140,000 customer watch YES off and on out of millions who are Boston Red Sox fans and do not watch YES. If this Western Zone included NY & NJ it would  be hands down, the Yankees would be the winner and we could not say Yes is not watched by that many".

Jeff was the Customer Solution rep and was very nice and also a huge Yankee Fan and truly knows how we feel. Jeff asked, please let your feelings be known to FOX/YES also.

My question as to why I do not get a refund for lost of Yes was this; "Yes was part of the Sports Package which cost $3. Any channels added or taken away would not change the  cost if you have a contract for this rate".

My final question was you could take 3, 4, 5 channels away and there was nothing I can do?

"Comcast would not take away channels like that". I wonder!

My wife is such a huge Yankee fan that sometimes our house looks like Yankee Stadium. I have to wear Yankee jacket, hat, underwear, use their mug and so much more! This is what I told Jeff and if it comes down to who will win..My Wife and we will be gone after more that 30 years with Comcast but almost 50 with my wife.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 471 of 801 (3,833 Views)

I have been a customer for over 20 years. I am very disappointed over your company not oferring the Yes Network. If you cannot resolve this issue before opening day I will be cancelling my service. That includes tv, inernet, phone and alarm system. I pay almost $300.00 a month for your sercvices..Bring back the Yankees!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 472 of 801 (3,820 Views)

Thanks Jessie. Now what happens to peple like me, who would have switched if they had known this? What if the only reason you were with Comcast vs the competition was because YES was always on a free tier?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 473 of 801 (3,782 Views)

SO WHAT CHANNEL WILL THE YANKEE GAMES BE ON??  IF THERE WON'T BE ONE YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!  I'M TIRED OF XFINITY ELIMINATING THE FEW CHANNELS I WATCH!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 474 of 801 (3,762 Views)

And once again the big corporations win.

My family had NY Giant tickets since the 50's. I went to games with my dad at Yankee Stadium, The Yale Bowl, The Meadowlands. Then along came a thing called a PSL. I had to forfit the tickets that were in my family for many years due to the corporate giant.

Now life long Yankee fan's like myself that have a Comcast subscription have to bow to corporate giants AGAIN. When is someone going to start thinking about the little man that maybe the only satisifaction he or she may have is to watch AMERICA's game.

Shame on Comast and The YES netowrk so it is the LITTLE MAN that suffers. Not Comcast or The YES network, because they will get their money mean while this die hard fan suffers.

I may now need to find a better solution ...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 475 of 801 (3,732 Views)

Thank you for dropping the YES Network. Never wanted it, or any of the other overpriced sports programming I am forced to purchase just so my gandson can watch the Disney Channel. I'd appreciate a corresponding drop in the price of my cable bill, but I'm not expecting it. If you come out with a package that excludes ALL the sports channels, with a price tag that fairly reflects the drop in expenses incurred for carrying those channels, I will happily sign up for it, and might even sign up for a non-sports premium package that carries content I'm actually interested in watching. Verizon has tried this recently, and in doing so found that while ESPN is the most popular sports channel they carry, only 10% of customers would actually pay the $5 per month it costs if given the option of buying a package without it. Drop the sports and I'll be able to afford non-sports premium content, otherwise I will just keep looking for a better solution.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 476 of 801 (3,735 Views)

Thank you for dropping the YES Network

Thank you for dropping the YES Network. Never wanted it, or any of the other overpriced sports programming I am forced to purchase just so my gandson can watch the Disney Channel. I'd appreciate a corresponding drop in the price of my cable bill, but I'm not expecting it. If you come out with a package that excludes ALL the sports channels, with a price tag that fairly reflects the drop in expenses incurred for carrying those channels, I will happily sign up for it, and might even sign up for a non-sports premium package that carries content I'm actually interested in watching. Verizon has tried this recently, and in doing so found that while ESPN is the most popular sports channel they carry, only 10% of customers would actually pay the $5 per month it costs if given the option of buying a package without it. Drop the sports and I'll be able to afford non-sports premium content, otherwise I will just keep looking for a better solution.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 477 of 801 (3,710 Views)

Re: Thank you for dropping the YES Network

Would like to thank Randall Beach who writes a column in the New Haven Register for keeping the on going battle between Comcast/Fox/Yes and the Yankee organization in the news. I think this is what we all need. We all heard that the "Pen is mightier than the Sword". 

Thanks again Randall!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 478 of 801 (3,685 Views)

Re: Thank you for dropping the YES Network

There is an option for people who don't want the sports channels. Digital economy. It is one step ahead of limited basic. It offers all the local channels plus a select group of cable channels. Not sure if Disney is part of that package but it might be. It may be something to check out. But they are not going to promote it just like they won't promote limited basic. You have to call and ask them if it is being offered in your area.I am not 100% sure all Comcast systems offer it.But that would be a way to avoid paying for sports channels if you don't want them..   

Posted by
Visitor

Message 479 of 801 (3,653 Views)

<p>If you're trying to save us money, then why didn't we receive a rate reduction after you dropped the YES Network ? &nbsp; No instead, two months after dropping YES you INCREASED the regional sports fee. &nbsp;How is that saving your customers money? &nbsp;It sounds like price gouging to me. &nbsp;I'm sure if by some miracle YES returns, you'll raise our rates again and blame it on those nasty YES men.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Posted by
Visitor
Message 480 of 801 (3,622 Views)

How is there no class action suit against Comcast?!!  They own a competing RSN in the same market!  This is clearly a conflict of interest here! 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 481 of 801 (3,629 Views)

Please, keep us informed about your mlb.tv experience right after opening day.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 482 of 801 (3,617 Views)

Yes network

I am and will be a Yankee fan till my death.I have followed the Yankees since 1947 and want to do so now, your refusal to carry them when you are the only cable system available is not right. It cost me $200 PER MONTH FOR YOUR SERVICE I should be able to choose what I want to watch not what you choose for me to watch.

Tom J.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 483 of 801 (3,611 Views)

YES on Comcast

I'm an ex-New Yorker, currently residing in New Jersey.  GIVE US BACK OUR YES!

As a Senior (66 in May), I'm going to have to downsize my house (can't afford the taxes) with only one retail income.  Our Comcast bill for Triple Play & X1 is over $200 per month.  We pay that so my husband can get the movies he wants & I can get my Yankees.

Trust me, if you're taking away my YES, I'm going to expect a big cost reduction!!!!

GIVE US BACK OUR YES!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 484 of 801 (3,557 Views)

"extraordinary demands from the YES network to carry their channel. " As compared to the already extraordinary prices that you charge your LOYAL costumers. What a sad Commentary on your company to make a statement like that. Sad.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 485 of 801 (3,495 Views)

Post removed for circumventing the language filter in violation of Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 486 of 801 (3,509 Views)

Figure this out there must be a way to inlcude the YES network as an option for viewers.

As you dig your heels in I am investigating Dropping Comcast due to the high cost and switching to Direct TV or Frontier.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 487 of 801 (3,498 Views)

most Yankee fans are doing the same.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 488 of 801 (3,473 Views)

YES Network

Whats going on ? Is comcast going to settle with YES Network or not? I'm an avid Yankees fan if YES is not part of your line up by opening day, I will have no choice but to get another provider who carries YES.I  have been a customer since 1988. How can Comcast keep the fans hostage like this.

If you  have to charge a couple of dollars more so be it! But someone has to make a move , just let me know one way or the other so I can do what I have to do to watch the Yankees.I will not go a season without watching let ,that be clear.The ball is in your court! Please let me know before April 4th!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 489 of 801 (3,451 Views)

So I have one less channel and pay the same amount???  Restore the YES Network or reduce my bill.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 490 of 801 (3,442 Views)

YES Network

The Yankees fans want the YES Network back.  Do the right thing and bring back what the customers want.  There are plenty of other channels within the Xfinity lineup with less viewers than YES so stop with the inaccurate excuses and just get YES back on for the start of the season.  Give in to the customers' demands and you might even see an increase in your traditionally poor customer service ratings.

BRING THE YES NETWORK BACK!!!

Posted by
Edited on :
‎03-14-2016 10:16 AM

Visitor
Message 491 of 801 (3,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

One last thing I have to get off my chest on this subject and I will say this shouting all the way. IT'S NOT FAIR TO DROP THE YES NETWORK, WHILE THERE IS STILL AN OPTION IN THE CHANNEL LISTING FOR

PAY PER VIEW. ARE YOU KIDDING ME COMCAST????????

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 492 of 801 (3,370 Views)

Yes network

l am getting ready to switch to direct tv if the yes network is not back on Comcast.                      

Comcast stop being so greedy and for once think of your customers.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 493 of 801 (3,374 Views)

Read the full letter sent from the legislators to Roberts and Dolgin below:

Dear Mr. Roberts and Mr. Dolgin:

With the start of the 2016 Major League Baseball season less than one month away, we are writing to you both on behalf of our constituents to respectfully urge you to resolve the current impasse that will soon leave Comcast customers who are also New York Yankees fans without a way to watch their favorite team play America’s national pastime.

As you know, 900,000 Comcast customers in Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania lost access to the YES Network last November. While Comcast has publicly claimed that declining viewership of the network justifies eliminating the YES Network, communication from our concerned constituents says otherwise. The Yankees have the largest Connecticut fan base of any Major League Baseball team in a crowded corridor between New York and Boston with 44 percent of our state’s residents supporting the team according to a 2015 Quinnipiac University poll.

Hundreds of thousands of our constituents rightfully expect to have the ability to watch Opening Day from the comfort of their homes on April 4, 2016 and we hope you will put aside your respective differences between now and then to ensure Connecticut’s Yankees fans – including all of boys and girls who are just learning to love the game – are not denied access to the 2016 season.

Thank you for your consideration of our request and the wishes of our constituents (and your customers).

Sincerely,

Rep. Sean Scanlon, 98th Assembly District

Rep. James Albis, 99th Assembly District

Rep. Themis Klarides, 114th Assembly District and House Minority Leader

Rep. Emmett Riley, 46th Assembly District

Rep. Matthew Lesser, 100th Assembly District

Rep. Christopher Rosario, 128th Assembly District

Rep. David Arconti, 109th Assembly District

Rep. David Baram, 15th Assembly District

Rep. Lou Esposito, 116th Assembly District

Rep. Linda Gentile, 104th Assembly District

Rep. Lonnie Reed, 102nd Assembly District and Energy & Technology Committee Chair

Rep. Devin Carney, 23rd Assembly District

Sen. Cathy Osten, 19th Senatorial District

Rep. Vincent Candelora, 86th Assembly District

Rep. Aundre Bumgardner, 41st Assembly District

Rep. Diana Urban, 43rd Assembly District

Sen. Art Linares, 33rd Senatorial District

Rep. Stephen Harding, 107th Assembly District

Rep. Bob Godfrey, 110th Assembly District

Rep. Mitch Bolinsky, 106th Assembly District

Sen. Joseph Crisco, 17th Senatorial District

Rep. Noreen Kokoruda, 101st Assembly District

Rep. Edwin Vargas, 6th Assembly District

Rep. Linda Orange, 48th Assembly District

Rep. David Yaccarino, 87th District

Rep. Pam Staneski, 119th District

Rep. Robert Sanchez, 25th Assembly District

Sen. John Kissel, 7th Senatorial District

Sen. Michael McLachlan, 24th Senatorial District

Rep. Theresa Conroy, 105th Assembly District

Rep. Joe Serra, 33rd Assembly District

Rep. Gayle Mulligan, 55th Assembly District

Posted by
Visitor

Message 494 of 801 (3,362 Views)

YES or VICELAND?

Good move, Comcast. Drop the most widely viewed sports franchise (YES/Yankees) in the world, but add programming like VICELAND. Your mother would be ashamed of you!

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-14-2016 09:11 PM

Service Expert

Message 495 of 801 (3,360 Views)

Re: YES or VICELAND?

[ Edited ]

rickwilliams52 wrote:

Good move, Comcast. Drop the most widely viewed sports franchise (YES/Yankees) in the world, but add programming like VICELAND. Your mother would be ashamed of you!

Comcast didn't "add" Viceland.  H2 was rebranded as Viceland by the A&E Network.  Comcast had no say in the rebranding, as didn't Time Warner Cable, Cox Cable, DISH, DirectTV, etc. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 496 of 801 (3,296 Views)

NY Yankees

Where's the YES channel? Are you not going to show NY Yankees games? I noticed that you still carry the Mets-but not NYYankees--thinking of changing to another provider -- one, fees have gone up but now the Yes channel is gone but I'm paying more --why? How come other providers can stream Yankee games for free but you can't? 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 497 of 801 (3,278 Views)

Thanks to our Legislators who are standing up for their constituents.  Let's hope that Comcast listens and, for once, considers the wishes of their customers who continue to pay for YES even though it isn't available.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 498 of 801 (3,255 Views)

Since Yes/Fox have placed another full page ad in the New Haven Register, I decided I would play Devil's Advocate.. Is  this possible??? "With an all out ad campaign, FOX/YES (and maybe with other cable outlets) had this all planned out. If we increase the cost of YES we know Comcast will not agree and may drop the YES Network and upset all Yankee fans who will look for other sources like Frontier". "This will make Comcast look like the bad guys to their customers because that's who they pay for the cable service."

My own thoughts on the above...WHY? No guess on this.

It may seem far fetched, but only they know. 

Comcast may be the bad guys at times but anything is possible when big business fight it out.

I also wondered,  does Fox/Yes have a forum like this for us to express how we feel? Let me know if you find it. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 499 of 801 (3,253 Views)

Now I see that comcast is broadcasting across dresser channel. You have got to be kidding me if they think that people want to watch that over the YES network. I have my appointment for next week with direct tv to have their system installed and unless something happens by the end of the weekend, it's goodbye to comcast for good.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 500 of 801 (3,252 Views)

If I purchase the MLB extra innings package for all out-of-market games, will I be able to watch the Yankees for all of their away games?  Taking YES off Comcast is incomprehensible.