Highlighted
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-03-2017 10:47 AM

Administrator

Message 467 of 801 (14,429 Views)

YES Network

[ Edited ]

Last fall, we made the difficult decision to remove YES from our channel lineup due to the extraordinary demands from the YES network to carry their channel.  This increase would have resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in additional costs to all of our customers who received YES. In order to keep costs down for all of our affected customers, we rejected YES's unreasonable fee increase and YES was dropped from our systems.  We wish this could have been avoided. Any future updates will be shared or linked to this post.

**UPDATE 03/14/2016**

Get the facts about YES Network here: http://www.xfinity.com/yes-comcast-facts

**UPDATE 01/01/2017**

Comcast and Fox News-parent 21st Century Fox have come to terms on a new distribution agreement for Fox’s YES regional sports network, which is home to the New York Yankees.

When will YES be back on Comcast?

• We anticipate YES will return to our customers in the NY market sometime early in the 2017 MLB regular season.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
800 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on :
‎07-02-2015 08:23 PM

Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 801 (19,963 Views)

YES Network

[ Edited ]

I agree also, on another subject , I'm a NY Yankees fan and I like Xfinety to add the YES Network.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-17-2015 08:21 PM

Most Valued Poster

Message 2 of 801 (19,783 Views)

YES NETWORK contract expires midnight on Wed with no deal in sight...

[ Edited ]

This is terrible news that they can't come to an agreement...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/yes-comcast-approach-deadline-no-deal/395414

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 801 (19,721 Views)

Re: YES NETWORK contract expires midnight on Wed with no deal in sight...

First Metv and now YES the only two channels I watch. Time to switch company's.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 801 (19,708 Views)

GOODBYE Comcast. Will be cancelling immediately!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 5 of 801 (21,112 Views)

YES Network

Just found out Comcast will not carry the YES network as the current contract has expired. It is my sincere hope that this issue will be resolved so the millions of viewers that enjoy the YES Netwrok can continue to do so on Comcast. I would hate to switch providers, but will if this network is not carried by Comcast. Comcast earns billions annually, the difference to the bottom line profits can not be that much to renew this station.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 801 (19,750 Views)

Re: YES Network

It's been axed by comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 801 (19,745 Views)

Comcast get an agreement with the yes network!! here in scranton,pa home of the Railriders we all watch the Yankees on comcast!!! no Yes Network then NO Comcast !!!!! get an agreement done soon !!!! we in Northeastern PA are waiting !!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 801 (19,743 Views)

I subscribe to Comcast for the Yes Network to follow the Yankees!! No Yankees then NO Comcast!!  get an agreement done and resume the Yes Network programming!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 801 (19,740 Views)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 801 (19,734 Views)

I agree !!!! both Comcast and Yes Network need to think of their subscribers and not just the god almighty dollar!!! I am sure both can make extra cash from cpmercial time!! Lets go Yankees !!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 801 (15,980 Views)

yes network

yes network is no longer available their is no way for comcast customers to watch nets or yankees games this is bs if this isnt resolved soon you will be losing a customer 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 801 (19,681 Views)

You have all these b.s. foreign language channels for people who can't be bothered to learn the language of our country, and you're dropping the YES network. I've been a customer for over 20 years. You drop YES, I drop you! You overcharge for everything, so it can't be that you can't afford it. It's just that you want to increase your profits by a big fifth of a cent. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

adammusic22 wrote:

This is terrible news that they can't come to an agreement...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/yes-comcast-approach-deadline-no-deal/395414

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 801 (19,689 Views)

YES Network

I am not happy that I cannot watch the Nets game tonight.  Do you have any sollutions or recommendations?  Comcast better get this settled, or we will move to Direct TV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 801 (19,694 Views)

Yes Network

I see that Comcast has dropped the Yes Network. I understand that you're in business. But being a fan of the Yankees, I hope you are still negotiating to continue the Yes Network on Comcast by the spring time thank you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 801 (19,698 Views)

No YES Network.  Big Yankees Fan.  Most watched Channel is YES.  Will be forced to change Cable provider if contract not settled.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 801 (19,689 Views)

Hold your ground Comcast! If YES is looking for 33% increase , they're out of their minds. Comcast knows what people are tuning in to. And its not the Yankees.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 801 (19,677 Views)

I want YES Network back on Comcast. No thanks for Moosejaw trying to speak for everyone.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 18 of 801 (19,674 Views)

Re: yes network

Local sports networks are EXPENSIVE (those billionaire owners, players, and media companies need to be paid!) With all the cord cutting going on, cable companies cannot keep blindly raising prices as media companies demand more. As with any business, they are dropping low-profit merchandise.

Comcast would probably gladly carry it, but only if they could offer it a-la-carte, or in a sports package. Most of the media companies demand it be part of standard cable packages.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 18 of 801 (15,948 Views)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 801 (19,652 Views)

YES Network

I would like to say that I am not happy that Comcast has decided to drop the Yes Network.  I have been a lyal customer for years.  I will have to reevaluate my postion.  I know there are millions of people in the region that will not be happy that you are changing your programming but yet still charging emormous monthly fees for programming

Posted by
Visitor
Message 21 of 801 (19,645 Views)

How about a notification to subscribers. I guess that would mean comcast cares about their suscribers

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 801 (19,626 Views)

"I guess it's time to switch to Direct TV" is what my husband said when he turned on the TV and saw the notice that the YES channel had been dropped. No Knicks games! I understand Yes is demanding 33% more but we have been with Comcast since cable was introduced and the prices keep going up and we get don't get to choose channels and there are more commercials than programs. We paid for a service. How would you feel if you paid for a prime rib dinner and paid in advance and the waiter came to the table with a hot dog because the price of prime rib went up. You owe it to your customers to notify us about the status of these negotiations with YES, an alternative or a price reduction. In the New Haven, CT area I am sure that many of us will be switching to Direct TV.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 801 (19,628 Views)

I have been overpaying comcast for over 20 years for channels that I don't watch. Now you want to take away one of the very few channels that I do watch. Your company is rediculous and I will drop my service if yes is not brought back. Why don't you cut the music channels or the other numerous stations that nobody cares about
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 801 (19,611 Views)

Yes Network

Now that the YES network is dropped from the line up. Can I cancel my contract with Comcast?  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 25 of 801 (19,534 Views)

YES Network CT?

Solve the problem. Bring back YES channel. No MSG, no YES. Unhappy customer. Another step towards cutting the cord. Other options.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 801 (19,601 Views)

Yes network

I have a 2 year contract with Comcast which includes the Yes network. I just saw Yes is no longer available and was told by customer service that no credit will be given. If I cancel I get fined for breaking a contract but it's ok for Comcast to take away a station. What is Comcast doing with the money they are not paying the Yes network that the customers pay for?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 27 of 801 (19,591 Views)

After staying with Comcast for TV and Internet for more than 10 yrs, we were about to sign a triple play plan 2 months ago but delayed for we were too busy. I remember telling the Comcast Rep that The only must have channel in my TV package is YES, and he laughed and said he heard that from many subscribers. Now we felt so lucky we got delayed earlier cause Instead of being stuck in a useless YES-less plan now, we only need to pick up that attractive flyer Fios sent us and call them. Thanks Comcast your ditching YES make it so easy for us to decide to switch everything to Fios.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 28 of 801 (19,575 Views)

As usual the customer suffers for the greed of two companies. This is ridiculous.  Close to a million customers are losing the YES Network because you two children can't get to an agreement. FIX this situation ASAP. I hve no problem leaving Comcast after many years over this childish greedy behavior. It's time the customer that Comcast says is so important starts to put some pressure on them to get the service we deserve and pay well for.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 29 of 801 (19,574 Views)

As a Yankee fan and a fan of programming on the Yes Netwotk Comcast needs to reestablish service with the network. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 801 (19,536 Views)

One of the few channels I watch is YES. If Comcast does not restore the channel soon, I will drop all Comcast TV programming and subscribe to DirectTV instead.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!

Message 31 of 801 (19,510 Views)

channels and programming

no   more  yes network    are you go to get  madison   square  garden   network     dirtectv  has msg 1 and msg  2 in olyphant pa    than you 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 801 (19,522 Views)

I called Comcast customer service re: the dropping of YES Network.  I got the company line, which was basicily if you don't like it tough luck (but it wasn't really "luck" that they meant}.  If Comcast drops YES, I will be dropping comcast.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 33 of 801 (19,473 Views)

Re: YES Network CT?

Hello Jcass2015,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has you. We have dropped the network because FOX and the Yankees are asking all of our customers to pay them hundreds of millions of dollars over the next several years to continue receiving the channel. The price FOX and the Yankees are requiring from our customers is not acceptable given the Network's minimal viewership. YES Network simply does not present an appropriate price-value proposition for our customers. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 801 (19,484 Views)

Has anyone heard whether they plan to renegotiate or are we without YES permanently.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 801 (19,471 Views)

Sounds like YES has been dropped as of today. I am really pixxed off. If i can't get YES i think i will have to take my whole service elsewhere. Just another example of Comcast's crappy customer service. They know this is one of their most popular channels. I hope they can come to a resolution or i may have to bolt.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 801 (19,490 Views)

YES Network stoppage

Comcast service is shoddy and overly expensive to say the least. I continue with Comcast for one reason only- they carry the Yes Network. If they do not restore it, it is "Goodbye". I'll take all three of my current services to Verizon and hook up the Dish.  The ripp-off is becoming painfull and this is the last straw.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 37 of 801 (19,482 Views)

Re: YES Network stoppage

If you go to Dish good luck with your storm fade and wiping off your dish during and after each snow storm. Have fun. 

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 38 of 801 (19,478 Views)

Re: YES Network stoppage

Hello ,

Comcast is removing YES because FOX wants to charge prices that are rather lofty. I apologize for the inconvenience but there is no plan to return YES to our programming.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 801 (19,457 Views)

YES Network

Please bring back YES ASAP!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 801 (19,450 Views)

One of the few reasons I have Comcast is because they carried the YES network. If YES is not returned to the lineup soon I'll be switching to Direct TV.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 41 of 801 (19,450 Views)

Re: YES Network CT?

I am a long time triple play customer. YES NETWORK Availability is a must for me. I will switch to Directv. I now pay for dozens of offerings that I NEVER WATCH. Without YES, I am gone.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 801 (19,468 Views)

YES channel

I just learned that Comcast is dropping the YES channel in my area.  Is this true?  Why?  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 43 of 801 (19,434 Views)

YES Network

What happened to the YES network ?  I'm  a lifelong YANKEE fan, and I enjoy watching the NETS games !

Bring it back now . Or I'll have to find another cable, or satellite provider , that carries it .

BRING THE YES NETWORK BACK IMMEDIATELY !!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 801 (19,414 Views)

YES Network

No more YES network. No more NY Yankees. Thus, no more xfinity-Will cancel.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 801 (19,410 Views)

Yes Channel

MY FAVORITE CHANNEL-32- HAS BEEN CANCELED. i WLL HAVE TO CHANGE CARRIER

SO I CANN WATCH THE YANKEE CHANNEL. PLEAE ADVISE IF 32 WILL BE ON SOON.

ED HANZL

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 46 of 801 (19,401 Views)

Re: Yes Channel

Looks like Comcast has decided to dump the YES channel.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Drops-Yankees-YES-Network-135674

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 801 (19,392 Views)

Agree with all posts here - no Yankees mean NO Comcast for me, fix this before spring training or we are GONE!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 48 of 801 (19,380 Views)

YES network

Why didn't Comcast renew contract with FOX for YES network, and why didn't it let customers like me know that it was not going to renew?  YES was one of the channels that I paid for, so why didn't I get a reduction in my monthly bill after it was taken away.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 49 of 801 (19,366 Views)

When I renewed my contract, it was for the sports packages including the YES channel. If you don't bring back that channel I will consider this as a break from my contract and I will discontinue my service and switch to the dish network. This is rediculous for the amount of money that I pay monthly