online now

discussions

XFINITY Watchathon Week 2017

Posted by
Admin1

Message 1 of 86

large.png

**UPDATE: 04/04/2017**

Comcast today announced that for the first time Netflix will join more than 50 networks participating in Xfinity Watchathon Week. The fifth annual TV binge-watching marathon runs April 3 - 9, giving Xfinity TV customers an all access pass to thousands of the best shows and movies from broadcast, cable, and premium networks. Xfinity X1 customers will also enjoy one-click access to Netflix throughout Xfinity Watchathon Week, with unlimited and seamless access to the Netflix catalog of movies and shows, including award-winning original series House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black, Stranger Things, and The Crown.

X1 customers who are not currently Netflix subscribers will enjoy unlimited access to the Netflix online catalog throughout Watchathon Week and will have the ability to sign up on April 10. For more information on Watchathon Week, visit xfinity.com/watchathon or join the conversation on Facebook and on Twitter by using #Watchathon and following @xfinity. Content availability will vary across Xfinity On Demand platforms (TV, Xfinity.com/Stream and the Xfinity Stream app), and in virtually all cases can be viewed regardless of which video subscription tier the customer is subscribed to.

Network’s participating in this year’s Watchathon Week include:

A&E, ABC, AMC, Animal Planet, BBCA, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS Broadcast, CMT, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Crackle, The CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, E!, ESPN, Food Network, FOX, FreeForm, FX, FXX, FYI, GSN, HGTV, HISTORY, ID, IFC, Lifetime, Logo, MLB Network, MTV, National Geographic, NBC, OWN, Oxygen, PBS, Science, Showtime, Spike, Sprout, STARZ, Syfy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Tru TV, TV Land, USA, VH1, Viceland, We TV and WGNA.

**NOTE**: Not all networks listed above will make all episodes of their shows available during Watchathon. If your favorite show is not available via that network, we recommend checking Netflix. They have a vast library of previous seasons from many Networks.

To access Watchathon on Netflix:

• Verify your box is compatible with the Netflix app by checking here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/determine-x1-box-compatible-netflix/
  • If you have a compatible box, click the XFINITY button on your remote and scroll over to the Apps Section. You can also use the voice command and simply say Netflix. These options will take you to a new screen where you can click on "Netflix". 
  • After Netflix loads you will be given 2 options, "Enter Watchathon" or "Already a member? Sign In". Click the option that says "Enter Watchathon"
  • Once it has finished loading you will have access to the entire Netflix library to enjoy for the week of Watchathon.

For more information about Watchathon Week see here: http://watchathon.xfinity.com/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
85 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 86

For the Comcast employees: Will there be a Watchathon week this year?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 86

There will be a Watchaton this year (2017). We will be making an announcement about what to expect and what will be included, here on this thread as soon as we can. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 86

Why so hard for anyone to state the year and dates for Watchathons in the same message? It's comming but when? Either dates are stated w/o year so you don't know how old the info, or like your post it says 2017 w/o dates!

Posted by
Admin1

Message 5 of 86

@cgrund,

As the original message states, all dates and additional information will be coming soon. As soon as we can post the specific dates we will update this thread with that information.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 6 of 86

ComcastJessie wrote: ... As soon as we can post the specific dates we will update this thread with that information.  

You might also consider either:

And you might want to fix the "http://watchathon.xfinity.com" DNSSEC problems so, you know, Comcast's DNS can resolve it:

C>nslookup watchathon.xfinity.com 75.75.75.75
Server:  cdns01.comcast.net
Address:  75.75.75.75
*** cdns01.comcast.net can't find watchathon.xfinity.com: Server failed

C>nslookup watchathon.xfinity.com 4.2.2.2
Server:  b.resolvers.Level3.net
Address:  4.2.2.2
Name:    watchathon.xfinity.com
Address:  104.130.4.19

See http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com/watchathon.xfinity.com

and http://dnsviz.net/d/watchathon.xfinity.com/dnssec/

CAN'T COMCAST DO ANYTHING RIGHT???!!!???

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 7 of 86

Is HBO not participating in Watchathon this year?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 8 of 86

I hope the programming steps up between now and Monday. I looked at several series on Showtime and Starz On Demand and they only had 1 or 2 episodes available. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 86
Was looking forward to watching The Affair. They have it listed under Showtime on Watchathon but only one episode is free. Let me binge watch the one episode they give us free with Watchathon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 86

For starters, HBO is not included in the Watchathon this year.  Consistently the most-watched network of the entire thing in years past, you couldn't even cut the deal to include HBO this year.  That's the most glaring failure.

I see some networks that aren't part of my normal subscrription tier are included in the Watchathon this year.  But when I navigate to those networks in the on demand menu, it still says "Not Available Without Subscription".

And when I look at many of the program offerings, I don't see full past seasons, which are usually made available especially for Watchathon... just the normal limited set of current-season episodes which would have been on demand anyway.

So, other than Showtime and Starz, there is virtually nothing in the Watchathon that wouldn't normally be available any other week in my on demand menu.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 11 of 86

Oh, and Showtime DOESN'T have any movies!  Just series.  Unbelievable.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 12 of 86

I thought everything was included in Watchathon week. All HBO series are showing subscribe status. The e-mail I got said Netflix was included. Netflix app doesn't work at all. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 13 of 86

m45warrior1 wrote:

I thought everything was included in Watchathon week. All HBO series are showing subscribe status. The e-mail I got said Netflix was included. Netflix app doesn't work at all. 

Netflix app now working... still can't access HBO shows, anyone know if they are included? Game of Throwns was really the only thing that I was intested in beside Netflix.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 14 of 86

It's Watchathon week, great!

Login and browse to "Networks" to see what's available...

Stars shows up in the "Featured" list, at the top of the page, with an nice "Watchathon" label on it.

This appears to be working, but other networks are not, or even not listed.

Showtime is on the "Featured" list, but the only item is "Weeds"; no other shows or movies.

The only other "Featured" networks are NBC and FOX, which we get normally.

On the "Premium" list we see HBO, but the content is VERY limited; only a handful of shows, and the only movie is "Habla Men", which of course is in Spanish.

Starz and Showtime do appear under "Premium" as well, but the rest of that list is a bunch of random networks that nobody is ever going to watch.

Seriously, who is going to binge watch karaoke? Oh, that's right nobody, because when you drill into it there is no content at all.

Xfinity made a big deal about Netflix being included this year, but it is nowhere to be seen.

(That one isn't so much a problem, as we already have a separate subscription.)

We've already attempeted to use various browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox), and cleared caches on all of them, etc.

The problem appears to be on the Xfinity Stream site itself.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 15 of 86

I think you have to go through the Watchathon category, not directly to the channels in OnDemand. I'm trying to find what to watch, as I saw "Game of Thrones" during the HBO Freeview last month or so.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 16 of 86

You probably need to go through the "Watchathon" category for access.

I do agree, from what I saw, it seems to be much more limited than the past few years. I noticed much less advertising about it this year. I guess with so many channels heading toward their own streaming services they don't want to show cable users much anymore.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 86

Watchathon has started but where are the episodes of Gotham?

I missed the first episodes of season 3 so I thought I would wait and catch up this week.

Looking through the Fox episodes for 1-9 and nothing.

Smiley Sad 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 18 of 86

@dbvirago2 & @Johnny888,

Watchathon started today 04/03/17. I recommend re-checking those shows and movies that you were wanting to watch to see if they are available now that Watchathon has officially started. If you are still experiencing issues with programs not playing correctly that are included with this years Watchathon, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

@Tcalg,

We can only provide content (show and movies) that the networks allow us to show on Watchathon. If a network does not allow us to provide their content during Watchathon we cannot just make it available. We apologize for the inconvenience about not having HBO content available during this years Watchathon. However, there are more than 200 shows from dozens of other networks that you can enjoy during this year's Watchathon, including Netflix.

As for networks saying "Not Available Without a Subscription", have you tried accessing the networks you want to view via the "Watchathon" tab? What are you attempting to watch specifically that is generating this error message? These type of specifics will help us identify issues and get them resolved quickly. 

@m45warrior1,

As mentioned above, we can only provide you Watchathon content that the networks agree to share with us. If there is a network that is choosing to not provide us with specific content for Watchathon, there is not much we can do about that. 

We apologize that you may be experiencing issues when watching content via Netflix. Can I ask how you are attempting to view that content? Netflix is currently only available to our customers who have X1. For assistance getting Netflix on your X1 device, please see here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/access-netflix-x1-app/

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/sign-in-netflix-x1-app/

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/determine-x1-box-compatible-netflix/

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/exchange-x1-tv-box-for-netflix/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 19 of 86

Got notice in the mail.   Promised big things.   Failed to deliver as usual.  Even if it is as fake and boring and deceitfully the same, I am going to switch to another service or take up reading.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 20 of 86

The "Not Available Without Subscription" issue seems to have been resolved.  I was mainly interested in IFC, and I can now access some episodes.  I'm still disappointed that only current seasons of Portlandia and Documentary Now! are available, but not previous seasons.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 21 of 86

This year's Watchathon is a bit of a bust. Last year was incredible, but I guess the viewership wasn't as good as they expected, so the networks and media companies decided not to offer as much this year.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 86

I agree. All I wanted to watch was HBO and Cinemax. I am currently looking for alternatives to getting On Demand at all.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 86

Some "watchathon" this year xfinity! I found a list of channels that were supposed to be available On Demand for this year's "watchathon" (term used VERY loosely) and the first two I tried (Disney XD and Disney Junior) had no shows available to view...they ALL have the $ sign and say Not Available Without Subscription. Also, what's the deal with shows like Homeland and The Affair not being available until 04/07/17?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 24 of 86

@Tcalg,

I am glad to hear that some of the issues you were experiencing have been resolved. If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

As for Portlandia and Documentary Now, I verified that all previous seasons of both shows are available via Netflix. Unfortunately, if a network has an agreement with Netflix for any of their content, that agreement must be upheld and there is nothing we can do about it. However, since Netflix is included for free during Watchathon, you can catch up on those shows there. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 25 of 86
Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 86

Is Watchathon really free? I'm nervous to click on, Enter Watchathon. I won't be tricked into subbing to anything or charged later, right?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 86

Why is Comcast promoting shows such as Billions, The Affair, and others on Showtime as featured network shows during the Watchathon (4/3/2017) but every episode requires a subscription to watch?   

Selecting Xfinity from remote, then Xfinity watchathon, then selecting network (Showtime), then featured show.  

All Episodes require you to Subscribe.  Not a free watchathon?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 86

VERY misleading advertising and promotion.  Led through the featured networks and shows right to the episodes requiring you to subscribe to watch.   Encountered with Showtime.  

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 29 of 86

I am very disappointed in Watchathon. You've been advertising programs that now are not available. Specifically Homeland and THE AFFAIR.  I have been waiting for my preview to begin and now there are only about 6 or 7 Showtime programs listed. this is called "bait and switch".........and it is an unacceptable and perhaps illegal advertising practice! "Watch your favorite shows......." yet, not all shows are available. In fact, having watched many WATCHATHONS previously, I was waiting for the same! If your goal is to get people to subscribe to more channels...........well, I won't now! I would have liked to see all of what Showtime offers. Big deal, it is only for a week. Again, very disappointing.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 86

It's not appropriate to promote Watchathon week to customers who do not subscribe to HD (i.e. pay additional monthly charge for HD programming) since all of the Watchathon feature programming is HD.  Unless of course your aim is to try to coax customers to upgrade to HD.  At very minimum, wouldn't it be appropriate in the promotional literature to tell customers in advance that a HD subscription is required to take advantage of this event so that those who cannot afford this upgrade won't waste their time looking for something to "binge" on?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 31 of 86

Your List shows AMC shows available for 2017 Watchathon.I also have a prominent ads that show up on my Xfinity homepage. I was looking to watch Walking Dead, but the "Episodes" listed are not actual episodes. They are Behind the scenes, Previews and Scene clips. So, is AMC actually available?

Are these ads accurate? 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 86

Homeland NOT available either!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 33 of 86

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 34 of 86
Posted by
Admin1

Message 35 of 86
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 36 of 86

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 86

Is there a way to to allow the end credits to be full screen,  instead of it shrinking to a little box?  Kind of annoying when movies have content in the end credits oor some at the end of the credits and Netflix shrinks it to a little box in the upper left

Also,  in the Editor's Pics of Watchathon, the X-files is listed,  but going to the X-Files section all the episodes are Buy only.

What's the point of Watchathon if we still have to buy some episodes?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 38 of 86

I don't know about the X1 version of Netflix, but on my other devices, you can use the arrow keys to 'select' the box, then hit OK for it to go full-screen.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 39 of 86

@JIA52,

The entire current season (Season 7) of The Walking Dead is available during Watchathon. As mentioned in my main post on this thread, we can only provide episodes of shows that the network shares with us for Watchathon. However, I did verify that all previous 6 seasons of The Walking Dead are available via Netflix. A full set of directions on how to access those episodes via Netflix is also listed in the main post on this thread. 

So the ads you are seeing are accurate.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 40 of 86

@CapnBill,

I have verified that the current season and all previous seasons of Homeland are available during this year's Watchathon on Showtime OnDemand (HD & SD). If you are having difficulty viewing one or more episodes please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 41 of 86

@practicalfocus,

We do not require anyone to have HD to view these programs during Watchathon. I have verified that there are hundreds of hours of content that is available via SD. When choosing a show/movie you will be given "Ways to Watch", simply use the right or left directional arrow to get to the SD content instead of HD. 

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about specific programs, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 42 of 86

@reggie77,

The end credits "shrinking" is something done by a network/Netflix. We play the content as provided by those networks or Netflix, so from our boxes there is no way to change that.

As for the X-Files, I have verified that they are in a "buy" only status. We apologize for the inconvenience. I will be happy to check with the team managing content for Watchathon to find out what is going on with that show and why it is listed as buy only. I will be sure to reply to this thread once I know more. 

**UPDATE**

I did speak with the team managing those programs and they did mention that X-Files was added to that list incorrectly. We apologize for any inconveince this has caused. You will notice that it has since been removed from the Watchathon content. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 86
Hey Jessie, how bout you get the program providers to put the latest episode of Powerless. Right now the episode "Cold Season" is listed has both episodes 4 and 5. Also, I don't know what happened with HBO, but it is terrible it's not on watchathon. No GoT or Silicon Valley, why watch?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 86
Is HBO really not available? Because when I go to Big Little Lies through my cable box it says I have to pay but when's I use the Xfinity tv remote app it says the show is Free but it just won't play.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 45 of 86

@Flint_Eastfork,

I have verified that all current episodes of Powerless are available. We cannot provide shows that have not aired yet, but all the previous episodes are OnDemand. As for episodes 4, I have it listed as "Emily Dates a Henchman" and episode 5 is listed as "Cold Season".

If you are seeing something different, please post your screenshot here.

@Animals4Life,

As mentioned in my main post on this thread, we can only provide content for Watchathon that the networks allow us. Although HBO isn't specifically mentioned as a network who is participating in Watchathon, I did verify that there are hundreds of hours of HBO OnDemand content available to you if you are currently subscribed to HBO. 

If you are not currently subscribed to HBO, we run multiple free previews each year and you are welcome to view all their content at that time. We will always post any information about any free previews we are running and details about when and what is included here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/bd-p/CTV_Channel_Prog

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 46 of 86

I can not access Homeland - non X1, set top box.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 47 of 86

@ReallyNotHappy1,

When you are attempting to watch these programs, are you doing so via the Xfinity Stream app?

When using my guide on my television box, I see multiple shows available from Showtime (including Californication, Ray Donovan, Billions, Episodes, The Affair, etc.) and movies (including The Hateful Eight, Triple 9, Secret in Their Eyes, etc.) all of which are available OnDemand. Many other Showtime shows are available in the free preview of Netflix and can be accessed there. 

As mentioned in my main post on this thread, HBO content is not specifically available during this year's Watchathon. For a full list of networks that are choosing to participate in Watchathon this year, see my main post on this thread.

I hope this helps. If you have any specific shows or movies that you are not able to view/play, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 48 of 86

tried to watch current season of homeland , got the first episode ok but next episodes are " with subscription" what a joke!!

Posted by
Admin1

Message 49 of 86

@ltpc1,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have verified that all episodes of Homeland are available OnDemand via Showtime. I have tested many of those episodes from current and previous seasons and they all play correctly without getting the "with subscription" prompt.

Can I ask, how are you attempting to view these episodes (via Xfinity Stream app, X1/non-X1 set top box, Roku, etc.)?

Any information or screenshots you can provide will assist us in getting this resolved for you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 50 of 86

My feelings exactly.  Only interested in Game of Thrones, but will have to do without it this year.  Perhaps next year...