Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup video quality is abysmal.

Frequent Visitor

XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup video quality is abysmal.

The XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup, specifically the following channels:

Discovery en Espanol channel 613
CNN en Espanol channel 608
Antena 3 channel 656
TVE Internacional channel 655
HISTORY en Espanol channel 615
HITN channel 618
TELFE channel 657

video quality is abysmal.

My current set top box being used is the following:

- Comcast XG2v2-P (Pace Micro Technology Model PX022ANM Hybrid Gateway Set Top Box), STB Version PX022AN_2.13p18s1_PROD_sey, release version xappl-XRE.82P4, XRE Server Version 1.82.04 12/21/2017 14:17, XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0, Receiver Native Version: 2.13.0, STB Timestamp Wed Dec 6 01:53:02 2017

and

the TV set (which is hooked up with a HDMI cable) is the following:

- Samsung UN55C6400RFXZA Version AA05 S/N Z1OZ3CCB100553L (MFD January 2011).

I look forward to a significantly improved picture quality from XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup service.

Sincerely,
Beatrice Balboa
1010 South Ocean Boulevard, Apt. 1008
Pompano Beach, Fl 33062-6631
USA
xxx
My current condominium internal coaxial cabling was completely replaced on July 6 2016 (1206 hours) with brand new coaxial cabling (Commscope Coaxial drop cable 7451303 | F677TSVV XP WHT HomeConnect® 75 Ohm XPRESSPREP® Coaxial Drop Cable, Series 6, white flame retardant PVC jacket)
xxx

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup video quality is abysmal.

beatricebalboa wrote:

The XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup, specifically the following channels:

Discovery en Espanol channel 613
CNN en Espanol channel 608
Antena 3 channel 656
TVE Internacional channel 655
HISTORY en Espanol channel 615
HITN channel 618
TELFE channel 657

video quality is abysmal.

My current set top box being used is the following:

- Comcast XG2v2-P (Pace Micro Technology Model PX022ANM Hybrid Gateway Set Top Box), STB Version PX022AN_2.13p18s1_PROD_sey, release version xappl-XRE.82P4, XRE Server Version 1.82.04 12/21/2017 14:17, XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0, Receiver Native Version: 2.13.0, STB Timestamp Wed Dec 6 01:53:02 2017

and

the TV set (which is hooked up with a HDMI cable) is the following:

- Samsung UN55C6400RFXZA Version AA05 S/N Z1OZ3CCB100553L (MFD January 2011).

I look forward to a significantly improved picture quality from XFINITY TV LATINO Channel Lineup service.

Sincerely,
Beatrice Balboa
USA
xxx
My current condominium internal coaxial cabling was completely replaced on July 6 2016 (1206 hours) with brand new coaxial cabling (Commscope Coaxial drop cable 7451303 | F677TSVV XP WHT HomeConnect® 75 Ohm XPRESSPREP® Coaxial Drop Cable, Series 6, white flame retardant PVC jacket)
xxx

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, your area is currently experiencing an interruption to XFINITY Services. We are working to resolve the issue. Interruption began on 01/04/2018 12:05 PM (Eastern) and is expected to end on 01/04/2018 04:05 PM (Eastern).

Thanks for your patience.

Additionally, the channels that you listed above are not HD channels. We don't currently offer those channels in HD in your area.

I also do see a technician visit scheduled on your account for tomorrow to see if there is anything else that is impacting your signal. Please let us know how that technician visit goes. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Teds,

The picture quality of the XFINITY TV Latino package is worse than SD (standard definition).  Please review the City of Pompano Beach, Broward County Xfinity Comcast cable TV service region for specifically regarding:

XFINITY TV Latino package Includes more than 40 channels of Spanish language programming

$15.95

I mainly watch (90%) the TV channels included in the XFINITY TV Latino package and currently the viewing quality continues to be abysmal and unacceptable. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with this level of cable TV picture quality, specifically for programming I watch and pay for.  Unfortunately, I have to pay for the Digital Starter which is also suffering picture quality issues.

Can Comcast Xfinity technical networking team check the following?:

- Comcast Xfinity cable television distribution box on my floor (10th floor) at the Pompano Beach Aegean (1010 South Ocean Boulevard) in the City of Pompano Beach, Fl (33062-6631),

- the Comcast Xfinity trunkline which is supported on utility poles originating at the Comcast Xfinity local distribution facility, called the "headend" that eventually enters the Pompano Beach Aegean, (1010 South Ocean Boulevard) in the City of Pompano Beach, Fl (33062-6631),

I look forward to a significantly improved picture quality from Comcast Xfinity cable TV communication service.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

beatricebalboa wrote:

Comcast Teds,

The picture quality of the XFINITY TV Latino package is worse than SD (standard definition).  Please review the City of Pompano Beach, Broward County Xfinity Comcast cable TV service region for specifically regarding:

XFINITY TV Latino package Includes more than 40 channels of Spanish language programming

$15.95

I mainly watch (90%) the TV channels included in the XFINITY TV Latino package and currently the viewing quality continues to be abysmal and unacceptable. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with this level of cable TV picture quality, specifically for programming I watch and pay for.  Unfortunately, I have to pay for the Digital Starter which is also suffering picture quality issues.

Can Comcast Xfinity technical networking team check the following?:

- Comcast Xfinity cable television distribution box on my floor (10th floor) at the Pompano Beach Aegean (1010 South Ocean Boulevard) in the City of Pompano Beach, Fl (33062-6631),

- the Comcast Xfinity trunkline which is supported on utility poles originating at the Comcast Xfinity local distribution facility, called the "headend" that eventually enters the Pompano Beach Aegean, (1010 South Ocean Boulevard) in the City of Pompano Beach, Fl (33062-6631),

I look forward to a significantly improved picture quality from Comcast Xfinity cable TV communication service.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am working with our Florida team on this now. I can see some technical issues on our side that need some additional attention. The team is working those issues. Someone on our Florida team will reach out to you directly.  

Apologies again, thanks for your patience and thanks for the opportunity to make this right.    

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Teds,

Comcast service technician(s) came on Monday 8 January 2018 and is now troubleshooting both of the following items:

- the Comcast Xfinity trunkline which is supported on utility poles originating at the Comcast Xfinity local distribution facility, called the "headend" that eventually enters the Pompano Beach Aegean, (1010 South Ocean Boulevard) in the City of Pompano Beach, Fl (33062-6631),

as they noted the extremely blurry picture quality of the entirety of XFINITY TV Latino package which is worse than SD (standard definition). Please review the City of Pompano Beach, Broward County Xfinity Comcast cable TV service region for specifically regarding the XFINITY TV Latino package Includes more than 40 channels of Spanish language programming ($15.95).

Please continue to work on this issue as I look forward to a significantly improved picture quality from Comcast Xfinity cable TV communication service.

Sincerely,
Sincerely,
Beatrice Balboa

Frequent Visitor

Good morning Comcast Teds,

I was wondering what the progress of the Comcast Xfinity service technician team/group on troubleshooting the XFINITY TV Latino package blurry picture quality currently afflicting my viewing enjoyment of this programming package as there was some mention of "...some technical issues on the Comcast Xfinity side that need some additional attention. The team is working those issues...". I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with this level of cable TV picture quality in the City of Pompano Beach, Broward County, Comcast Xfinity cable TV service region, specifically for programming I watch and pay for.

Official Employee

beatricebalboa wrote:

I was wondering what the progress of the Comcast Xfinity service technician team/group on troubleshooting the XFINITY TV Latino package blurry picture quality currently afflicting my viewing enjoyment of this programming package as there was some mention of "...some technical issues on the Comcast Xfinity side that need some additional attention. The team is working those issues...". I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with this level of cable TV picture quality in the City of Pompano Beach, Broward County, Comcast Xfinity cable TV service region, specifically for programming I watch and pay for.

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have asked that someone on our Florida team make contact with you directly to provide an update. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I was wondering what time on Tuesday (23 January 2018) can I expect the Comcast Xfinity service technician team/group to visit my residence to continue to troubleshoot the XFINITY TV Latino package blurry picture quality currently afflicting my viewing enjoyment of this programming package.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation